Stratoblaster

Help! Noisy Sub C, w/ 3135. Loooow Power Reserve. Watchmaker in CONUS?

Stratoblaster

Hello RWG folks,

Posted this on the 'sister site', and wanted to post here also of course. I don't post alot, but do try to lurk when time allows.
I'm hoping someone can guide me to a recommended Watchsmith who will tackle a noisy 3135, that functions fine, other than low power reserve. (Dies after maybe 8-9 hours overnight with full wind.) (Stays wound while wearing, keeps great time, however there is an unusual rattling noise, and watch dies after 8-9 hours of inactivity, even *with* wind.)

I got this locally, so I can't identify any TD, maker, version, factory etc., although I have my guesses. Kinda long story on how I got this watch, but I'm hoping someone may recognize something. I also apologize for pics of movement, as I was rushed when taking them with phone.

WxS7Fdj.jpg

Cg6CSAl.jpg

rNECyj3.jpg

VrZVKYb.jpg

Anyone have any ideas? Or more importantly, someone who will tackle this 3135 for me?
Thanks in Advance!

Luxuracer

You have a SA3135 movement ... and the watch look like a Noob Sub-c ... I am not sure which ver.

The only person I know that service SA/SH3135 is NOT a supporting vendor (SV) in here. So you can search the forum for SV who service 3135 in USA or you can PM me.

Stratoblaster

Anybody? Anyone else ever need to replace a 3135 with a compatible movement?

Edited by Stratoblaster
ETA 3135 doesn't exist.

lrnz
11 minutes ago, Stratoblaster said:

Anybody? Anyone else ever need to replace an ETA 3135 with a compatible movement?

An ETA 3135 doesn't exist!

It's either a ETA movement or a 3135 movement.

If you wanted to ask if it was possible to replace the movement in your watch ( an SA3135), the answer is: 

1)get another SA3135 from a TD

2)get a SH3135 (TD's source them too)

3)get a Gen 3135 ( eBay and chrono24), but I doubt you'll make this choice

Stratoblaster

Oh, ok. I should have specified a3135. (I'm not 100%) I'm going strictly off of pictures, as I am not original owner.
I have a Noob V7 w/ 2836. This case, crown guards, buckle...all feel different.
If I were a betting man, I would bet these came from 2 different factories.
jkwmf5N.jpg

Cg6CSAl.jpg

Glaude

Ready for my magic trick ? 

You'll be amazed, but don't forget to thank him (He'll take nice ladies as a form of payment)

@GenTLe

GenTLe

Lol, no magic tricks here, he just need a service. But I don't know who can do that...

I think people are scared to touch these movements because of lack of spare parts, but in the end it shouldn't be any more difficult than a 2836 or any other time/date automatic movement.

I'd really like to know how the rotor can be removed from it, if the flat round bit in the middleis just a cover (and there is a screw below) or what. Maybe@Rolie knows?

Glaude
3 hours ago, GenTLe said:

Lol, no magic tricks here, he just need a service. But I don't know who can do that...

I think people are scared to touch these movements because of lack of spare parts, but in the end it shouldn't be any more difficult than a 2836 or any other time/date automatic movement.

I'd really like to know how the rotor can be removed from it, if the flat round bit in the middleis just a cover (and there is a screw below) or what. Maybe@Rolie knows?

The magic trick is making you appear ! :D 

Stratoblaster
1 hour ago, Glaude said:

The magic trick is making you appear ! :D 

Thanks everyone!! It does seem that no one wants to touch this movement. (Set mainspring?)
Ironically, local pawn shop paid $4k for this watch. :)
Can't sell it as Gen. So....... I have a friend who collects Reps as a hobby.  ;)

GenTLe

Well I'd like to try a service on one of these, providing also that I have a friend who is Rolex tech from 12 years who I can ask for help but...
1) that's conus
2) I can't guarantee the results as I never touched one of these movements

By the way OP, I got once a M2M daydate with 2834 that had the same problem (low PR and very bad amplitude), it was only a matter of doing a proper service cleaning all the debris it had in the jewels and on the pivot. I am still using it and it works perfectly.

Stratoblaster

Thanks GenTle! I have a recommendation from sister site.  I'm hoping he works with 3135's.
It's one of those weeks....   I just shipped off Noob V7 with new 2836 for Katt to install.

lrnz
22 hours ago, GenTLe said:

Removing the rotor is the same as for the gen.

The rotor is held by a spring setup under the automatic assembly.

Sliding this post ( if I can call it like that ) and lifting the rotor will separate it from the movement.

28128244887_3e9ba2138c_b.jpg

GenTLe
Removing the rotor is the same as for the gen.
The rotor is held by a spring setup under the automatic assembly.
Sliding this post ( if I can call it like that ) and lifting the rotor will separate it from the movement.
28128244887_3e9ba2138c_b.jpg
Oh, great thanks mate!

Stratoblaster

Is there a 'TickleShoes' in the house?? :)