bhduck

508 stolen in the post :(

bhduck

I guess it was always going to happen at some stage... but the 508 I bought M2M arrived today - or rather it didn’t.

The box had been slit open, the watch removed and then the flaps folded back into the box.

All risks were on me, so that’s life and nothing I can do about it.

But I guess reporting the theft to the courier is at least worth doing?

9ef987df933e42bae037a6c32bc2e235.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pseudorep

Contacting the courier is your only recourse, or getting the seller to contact them on your behalf. Did you sign for the package? If you have proof the package has been tampered with then it should be an easy insurance claim (depending on whether the package was insured at all?)

I'd recommend being a bit economical with the truth though re the watch being a rep, as far as the courier needs to know it was a watch you bought (and leave them to assume it was a gen).

Edited by Pseudorep

bhduck

Thanks. The seller has been brilliantly helpful. He’s contacting the original courier and we will see where it goes...

RussP

This seller needs a special mention if he's able to achieve a positive outcome at the end.

bhduck

Absolutely.

slashdotcom

I'm so sorry mate...i hope you will find out what happened with the watch

Inviato dal mio SM-G930F utilizzando Tapatalk

McGilli

Was it an international sale?

I'm just curious as to how anyone would know the box was worth opening in the first place? 

Every courier company has to have 100's of 1000's of packages every day - and to luckily single one out.

I'm only going by my own experience which is international I need to declare what's in the package - and domestic I don't.

What courier company? At least that should be mentioned if in fact they are slicing boxes open....

BadPickle
22 hours ago, andrewgmiles said:

I guess it was always going to happen at some stage... but the 508 I bought M2M arrived today - or rather it didn’t.

The box had been slit open, the watch removed and then the flaps folded back into the box.

All risks were on me, so that’s life and nothing I can do about it.

But I guess reporting the theft to the courier is at least worth doing?

9ef987df933e42bae037a6c32bc2e235.jpg

That’s the oldest scam in the book, wrap the parcel, then make it look like postie has been tampering with it, it’s the classic misuse of “after the postie has it, it’s fuck all to do with me” disclaimer. 

yes of course the seller is doing “his best” to help you, can’t very well call the courier and tell them he’s had a fakey nicked know can he :rofl: 

Check the parcel weight on his ticket and then chuck it on the wife’s cooking scales in the kitchen, should be exact same. 

Hope i’m Wrong :ohwell: 

BadApple

Equally removed by the receiver and an attempt made to look like a theft? 

Just saying. Not accusing........

RussP
2 minutes ago, BADAPPLE12 said:

PBR's supposition is better...............

Thommo82

3_FD9_E16_B-6331-4919-9_B9_F-_B039057226

BadApple

It is as thinking about it receiver gains nothing by doing it.....

BadPickle
10 minutes ago, BADAPPLE12 said:

The buyer has nothing to gain here

See you just posted same, slow internet today 

elp
39 minutes ago, pickledbeetroot said:

Check the parcel weight on his ticket and then chuck it on the wife’s cooking scales in the kitchen, should be exact same. 

+1 .... seen this scam a few times already ....

McGilli

The whole thing reminds me of this - and this didn't turn out well for the fellow whose watch was 'stolen by the courier'..

Lagger

Had it done to me, only the seller.... sorry the 'thief' switched it to a g shock instead of an AP.....where did you buy? 

GenTLe
On 6/10/2018 at 17:30, McGilli said:

The whole thing reminds me of this - and this didn't turn out well for the fellow whose watch was 'stolen by the courier'..

Re-read the thread until when he had been gulaged (or banned: the gulag thread has a broken link).

I truly love the way @sconehead, @greg_r, @trailboss99 and others roasted him with low flames from when it became evident he was messing up with us. Even faking that the other members should "give the guy a break" and immediately after re-lightening the flames below him . Really really well played guys :D And I think it has been also a lesson for him: many times these teenagers think they are very smart and greatly underestimate the experience and  skills of people with some years more.

Nikosaldente

Maybe the goat took it!

1414919459_goat_twisting_neck.gif

Bash64

Though we have all seen scammers before, we've also had legitimate issues with postal theft.  I had a watch I shipped to the UK 3 or 4 years ago get cut out somewhere along the way.  I know I put it in there and the receiver had no motivation to claim otherwise. 

bhduck

The seller was able to send me a partial refund today. Not loads, but some at least.

To do that, he obviously had to go to some trouble - make calls, fill out paperwork etc.

So sure, it obviously could’ve all been part of a scam. One that involved the seller doing a bunch of unnecessary work to reduce their profit.

Or the postie could’ve nicked it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kool-Aid

I smell a fookin rat

Sent from my HTC One M9PLUS using Tapatalk

pstar_1980
On 6/9/2018 at 13:17, RussP said:

This seller needs a special mention if he's able to achieve a positive outcome at the end.

Great point! Totally agreed.

blueoysterboy

OP:  Have you weighed the box as suggested by PBR?  Just curious...

bhduck
OP:  Have you weighed the box as suggested by PBR?  Just curious...

I’d thrown it away before seeing that suggestion

bhduck

Well, whilst I do think the seller behaved well, the reality is comments on this thread have shown quite a range, including the genius somewhere above this comment who thought I was somehow benefiting by faking this (to what, scam myself?).

I therefore don’t think it’d be doing the seller any favours to praise them by name - opinions are just too mixed.

My own view is that of course the seller could’ve scammed me, but I prefer to think the best of people when possible and the circumstantial evidence of a partial refund obtained via filling out cumbersome paperwork backs that up a little. As another comment said, postal theft isn’t unheard of.

Bottom line: in this hobby, things will go wrong somewhere about 1 transaction in 20 and you won’t always get what you pay out for.