bottomless

AP issue

bottomless

I have a AP i bought on eBay mostly out of curiosity . As it happens it only works properly when worn .If off wrist it will stop after a couple of hours that has been standing . Is there something I can do ?

Thanks

RepGuy

It's an automatic watch. You have to wind it to fill the power reserve. It's normal to stop after not being worn for a period of time.

bottomless

i understand .However, this happens after it has been winded . Occasionally it will work ok for reasons that I have not figured out yet.

Thanks  for the answer

RepGuy
29 minutes ago, bottomless said:

i understand .However, this happens after it has been winded . Occasionally it will work ok for reasons that I have not figured out yet.

Thanks  for the answer

It's probably a movement issue then. You can always take it to a local, replica friendly, watchsmith to get it checked out, but that will cost you more money.

If you bought it off of Ebay, which is odd, you can message the seller to see about returning it.

Can you post a picture of the watch, and what you paid? It won't help answer your questions, but I'm genuinely curious as to what you got sold on Ebay.

GenTLe

Uhm, you may have got (and overpaid) a base 21j version with a movement problem. Please post a picture of the case back (if it has a glass that permits the view of the movement) and eventually the price you paid it.

bottomless

will do as soon I can . I just ant to know whether to keep it or ditch it 

Thanks to all

GenTLe

Modified 7750, if it is like that than they are quite notorious to have problems after some time because of the modified 7750 with running seconds moved at 12 instead of at 9. Not a lot you can do...
Also beware that links like those are from scammers: they stole pictures from Marvellous reps which is a real TD but with a very different web address

bottomless

I just pick the first photo off  of a google search ,thanks for warning. So is it  a lost cause having this watch to actually work ?

GenTLe

If the movement is that one: yes

bottomless

Pecato! Mille grazie 

replicaX

I can attest to this. Miyota movement used in some APs just don't charge well. I have 2 APs, and unless I wind them first thing in the morning, it is fine through the day, but will run out of charge 3-4 hours after I take it off in the evening. If I wind them, it will still be running the next morning.

My other watches with different movements charge up well just from wearing them. They will still be running the next morning without manual winding. They will only stop if I don't wear them the next entire day.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk