Daveofedinburgh

Hi guys- Oysterquartz question

Daveofedinburgh

Hi guys,

Long time lurker, just joined! :-)

Wondering if anyone can point me to a good rep Oysterquartz (from a trusted dealer, if possible)? I'd imagine it's a watch ripe for a rep, yet I'm finding it rather hard to track one down...

Also interested in a Bulova Royal Oak rep (bit of a long shot I know!) and any Squale reps available.

Any help from RWGers greatly appreciated!

Regards,

David

GC

Nope, none to be had, sadly. 

Welcome

RUSH2112

Best bet is to check with the tds.  Sending them pics is a good idea if they are a little unusual.

FunnyStarSystem

Awesome question bc I like the looks of some of the Oysterquartz too, but it seems like the factories don't think much of them, which is ironic since I'm sure the profit margin would be pretty sweet.

GenTLe

HAven't seen an oysterquartz yet. And, about squale, they worth the money they cost: a good quale now it's not more than 1500$ so why getting a rep? 

See this jewel for example: https://www.ebay.com/itm/123102177115

Glaude
31 minutes ago, GC said:

Nope, none to be had, sadly. 

Welcome

This !

Hi and welcome !

I don't think there's rep of Squale or Bullova but what is certain is that there's currently no rep of the OysterQuartz, which is indeed weird considering that should be pretty straight forward to make. I guess if that doesn't work in gen, that doesn't work in rep :D 

semperfi55

It's a cool watch to collect, I'd snap up a rep if they made them. 

But for the majority of the rep market, no one would want a relatively unknown quartz Rolex. Understandably, buyers would predict that people would immediately scream fake at it.

On the flip side, I do want a gen Oysterquartz. And rub it in the face of amateur watch snobs who think it's fake because it's a quartz. :lol: (Very niche use of that watch)

PlanetZoom

giphy.gif

FunnyStarSystem
20 hours ago, semperfi55 said:

On the flip side, I do want a gen Oysterquartz. And rub it in the face of amateur watch snobs who think it's fake because it's a quartz. :lol: (Very niche use of that watch)

Agreed. 

Another stunt would be to purchase a gen Rolex quartz movement (I see one on eBay for $900 :blink:) and insert it into a submariner or any Rolex never made with a quartz movement, and put it up for sale on all the Rep forums for huge money while hyping its gen movement. I can't even imagine the heated discussion which would ensue.

I'm sure one of our meticulous, industrious modders will be on this at any moment, it can't possibly be at all difficult /s :D

semperfi55
3 hours ago, funnystarsystem said:

Another stunt would be to purchase a gen Rolex quartz movement (I see one on eBay for $900 :blink:) and insert it into a submariner or any Rolex never made with a quartz movement, and put it up for sale on all the Rep forums for huge money while hyping its gen movement. I can't even imagine the heated discussion which would ensue.

I think you should change your name to chaosstarsystem:lol: