ericocean

crystal replaced

ericocean

looking to get a crystal installed.  I'm in the USA any advise to who can help me install this would be appreciated.

narikaa

Did he give a reason?

An 'R' in the month

Crystal unavailable

Charlatanism

GingerApple
5 hours ago, narikaa said:

Charlatanism

This is a very serious allegation. Do you have proof? If so, I don't think he should be a Trusted Non-Repairer any longer.

WatchDog21
On 6/17/2018 at 20:27, ericocean said:

looking to get a crystal installed.  I'm in the USA any advise to who can help me install this would be appreciated.

Don't know where in the USA you are located so this is just a general response for any location.  Visit some local watchmakers and just strike up a conversation.  Get the feel of what you think their reaction would be to working on a rep.  Lots of them don't really mind.  It is worth the time investment, there will be other occasions where you may need help and having a working friendship with a local watchmaker can be a great asset! 

It worked for me!

Foxindebox
On 18/06/2018 at 01:27, ericocean said:

Out of interest, what watch are you looking to get repaired?

ericocean
2 hours ago, Foxindebox said:

Out of interest, what watch are you looking to get repaired?

It's an  ARF SUB or my V6S SUB 

2 hours ago, WatchDog21 said:

Don't know where in the USA you are located so this is just a general response for any location.  Visit some local watchmakers and just strike up a conversation.  Get the feel of what you think their reaction would be to working on a rep.  Lots of them don't really mind.  It is worth the time investment, there will be other occasions where you may need help and having a working friendship with a local watchmaker can be a great asset! 

It worked for me!

You're absolutely right about that. Guess I was reluctant due to the Rep nature.

ericocean
3 hours ago, Gingerbubba said:

This is a very serious allegation. Do you have proof? If so, I don't think he should be a Trusted Non-Repairer any longer.

yes, I do have proof, I have a copy of the email, I will say, however, I have used him and things went fine. Did a good job (I suppose) course how the hell do I know?.

you do get a fast, brief, unfriendly response to your emails.

ericocean

I'm thinking about doing it myself. any help or thoughts on this?

NCRich
3 hours ago, Gingerbubba said:

No he makes it very, very clear what he will and will not repair.  He does very well, at what he does.   And he is good enough to know what he can do.  Read the reviews.

NCRich
6 minutes ago, ericocean said:

I'm thinking about doing it myself. any help or thoughts on this?

No one could possibly tell you anything as you have given no information about what it is you wish to do.  Crystal replace is really not a thing.  Its like saying I would like to date a girl. 

GingerApple
9 minutes ago, ericocean said:

yes, I do have proof, I have a copy of the email

I was replying to Narikaa. I was seeking proof of his Charlatanism.

Nevermind....

3 minutes ago, NCRich said:

No he makes it very, very clear what he will and will not repair.  He does very well, at what he does.   And he is good enough to know what he can do.  Read the reviews.

See above re Narikaa.....

WatchDog21
1 hour ago, ericocean said:

It's an  ARF SUB or my V6S SUB

You're absolutely right about that. Guess I was reluctant due to the Rep nature.

You  would be surprised!  My local guy does most of the work on high end luxury watches for all of the local Jewelry stores.  After we got to know each other better he shared with me some Pam builds that he did!

ericocean
8 hours ago, WatchDog21 said:

You  would be surprised!  My local guy does most of the work on high end luxury watches for all of the local Jewelry stores.  After we got to know each other better he shared with me some Pam builds that he did!

that's so cool......I've been thinking about that all day TBO. So I think I'm going to drop by and do just that.

Glaude
9 hours ago, NCRich said:

Its like saying I would like to date a girl

She'll be by your place tomorrow, with a nice vintage sub on the wrist, you can thank the Ginger, he organised the whole thing to be forgiven of being a non-understood joker ! :D 

ericocean
1 hour ago, Glaude said:

She'll be by your place tomorrow, with a nice vintage sub on the wrist, you can thank the Ginger, he organised the whole thing to be forgiven of being a non-understood joker ! :D 

I loveit...thats  funny. I needed that today,  thank you for making me smile.

that