FoxWilde

The Bahamian Water Test

FoxWilde

Just got back to some decent cell service, I thought I’d post a little bit of the fun I had the past few days escaping responsibilities. 

I was curious how my mock-up waterproofing was on a couple of watches modded. Simple stuff, just some rubber gaskets, tighter crowns, etc. so I took two modded Watches with me to a couple islands to try them out. With me a stock Cartel 6263 (from Aoobuy) and an old Seamaster (from M2M).  

The Watches had a three day testing period in the Bahamas of me swimming, snorkeling, and low-pressure diving (under 50meters). In both chlorinated pool water and Atlantic saltwater. 

The result: AWESOME!!

no water breaches at all! No even on the chronograph!! My fry pressure tester has these babies tested up to 100m, so far they are solid at 50m in ocean water. Once I perfect these mods I hope I can continue on more reps I buy. 

Anyway here are some pics I took, pardon the shite camerawork the waterproof phone bag blurred my camera. 

Cheers!

-Fox

1_B933169-10_ED-4_AF4-_B869-5_DF936_C73_24996630-_B660-4_A49-_AC49-9011392_B034_53_D875_DF-_E2_D6-498_F-9_B44-_DCEECC656BF833_E35-_BBD3-4_A83-8866-_F897_BE6_C648_C9_D45_D2-9_BAB-401_A-_ABDA-52_A10_F7477_CDD306-1205-436_B-8326-_D379682080_DDA1_D52462-89_C5-4_EC9-_A361-_CA8_B8517_A

Edited by FoxWilde

NFleischer

Great job; that water down there is amazing!

WatchDog21

The coast line looks rather familiar, beautiful waters there.  Admittedly, I am a wimp at willing to test my watches in the water even if they are dive watches :facepalm:   A few of my Seiko's do make it to the pool occasionally.

NCRich

Nassau?  Or another island?

EBB

What did you think of the Bahamas? I was in Paradise island last summer, once you leave the resort area, it's actually a nice place. However I did notice that it seems like the natives don't give a crap about their country, I remember visiting a national park and their was trash everywhere, and you see workers just standing around doing nothing. I just got a vibe in general that the people there are super lazy, not all, but many...

Glaude

Nice job on the waterproofing ! 

9 hours ago, EBB said:

What did you think of the Bahamas? I was in Paradise island last summer, once you leave the resort area, it's actually a nice place. However I did notice that it seems like the natives don't give a crap about their country, I remember visiting a national park and their was trash everywhere, and you see workers just standing around doing nothing. I just got a vibe in general that the people there are super lazy, not all, but many...

Like everywhere else... no ?

EBB
9 minutes ago, Glaude said:

Nice job on the waterproofing ! 

Like everywhere else... no ?

Not at all, go to other Caribbean islands like Aruba. I'm not going to speak for all of mexico, but when I went to Cancun, I got a vibe of that people care about their country and take pride, just didn't get that about the Bahamas. 

FoxWilde
10 hours ago, EBB said:

I went to my uncles newly bought estate. Private beach property. No problems there at least. 

FoxWilde
10 hours ago, NCRich said:

Nassau?  Or another island?

Nassau and some BVI islands too, mostly Tortola.