greg_r

A brief word about QC photos

Timetraveler22

So much to learn here...thanks again for this wonderful site.

watchaddict99

Agree with Timetraveler, this is great "educational' info for us noobies.

USERNAME777

Wow, so many acronyms! I feel like I just joined the military again.

MickTheAwesome

Than you for posting this.

Thevirgo

LOL, I made this noob error... should have read this thread...

PaulM1

Thanks for this post.

Blaxbolt

Great thread.

DeLaForce

I just hope some dealers don't go back to the old one QC pic for them all again, that pissed me off more than seeing noobs ask if a rehaut is wonky.

Sambonator

Yes thank you for the awesome site! I just got my DSSD from BK and I'm more than happy!! As for posting QC pics... well the real reason I reckon we should NOT post QC pics is because we'll all nitpick every variable flaws that exist/crop up in every rep... chaos will ensue for the sellers who are here doing all of us a service (providing us with awesome watches at awesome prices) and who really cannot control the variability of the flaws that inevitably do crop up from the rep factories. So for the interest of all on this board, I agree its best NOT to post QC pics, and work with the seller to go over every detail of the particular watch.

SeptemberSun

Just ordered from Silix and they were happy to send QC pics, though it was only after I asked. Great customer service overall.

watchlvr91

Thanks for all the helpful information. This has helped me better understand the entire process. Now...just waiting for my first delivery.

Repl!c@nt

what can i expect as QC pics - showing the front, back and each side (making 4 pics)?

black263

what can i expect as QC pics - showing the front, back and each side (making 4 pics)?

That's what I normally get, and there are sometimes additional pics showing, for example a particular clasp. If there is something that you are unsure about, and cannot clearly see on the pics, it's perfectly acceptable to ask for specific additional ones. Having said that, there are occasionally special sales when QC pics are not provided. At least one dealer has said to me that if I want QC pics on special sales, I would have to pay the full non-sale price for the service, otherwise for the sale price, I take the watch "as it comes". In that situation, you pays your money, you makes your choice.

Repl!c@nt

thanks for the fast answer! i'm really glad the knowledgable members here care for noobs. i think it's not long before i take the dive... :)

i was kinda suspicious after those scam sites that popped up before i came to the real rep-board(s)...

Sunbird

Thanks for all the helpful information. This has helped me better understand the entire process. Now...just waiting for my first delivery.

+1 for me also. This site has become so large that it is becoming difficult to remember all the "rules".

Despite that it has been my "Go to" site when I have the time.

Thanks, Sunbird

brOntOk

really good points,will keep that in mind.

Ultrabeat444

Love the thread here, another great read to learn more what I'm getting into....:)

Seikotic

Learned... Thanks!

kamikaze06

Very helpful and thanks, although sometimes the QC's are not of the best quality

andyboy

Very helpful and thanks, although sometimes the QC's are not of the best quality

ask for better ones.politely

Technojunkie

Thanks for the excellent info. I've just ordered my first rep (from WI) and they have promised QC pics prior to shipment. I was intending to view them with a very critical eye but I now know what's expected (from both parties).

Pharmo

Thanks for the excellent info. I've just ordered my first rep (from WI) and they have promised QC pics prior to shipment. I was intending to view them with a very critical eye but I now know what's expected (from both parties).

you wont go wrong mate! had great experience from WI so far

Technojunkie

you wont go wrong mate! had great experience from WI so far

Thanks, that's good to hear.

johnnyloco

This is very helpful. Thanks