greg_r

A brief word about QC photos

Sam Circus

Thank you ! waiting for my QC's.

larity

What do you do when you see the QC pics and point out an obvious flaw such as side of ceramic watch surface not being smooth. You go back to TD, then TD says you are hard to please and that's the best there is. Do we just have to accept it?

Mazz

if you dont like it dont buy it

try another TD

larity

Ok. So just ask for a refund and TD will do it?

torobravo

The problem is when the noob post the pic on board and the helpful ¨experts¨ chime in and they discover that the pearl is misaligned and there is a scatch on the backside and they can see it through the plastic wrap.

greg_r

The problem is when the noob post the pic on board and the helpful ¨experts¨ chime in and they discover that the pearl is misaligned and there is a scatch on the backside and they can see it through the plastic wrap.

Yup - which is why we don't allow the posting of QC pics any more :)

larity

I realise that these a reps and not gens so don't expect perfection. But if it's an obvious flaw a you see much better examples on the forum you feel as if the TD is trying to pass it off to you.

HeavyKrush
What do you do when you see the QC pics and point out an obvious flaw such as side of ceramic watch surface not being smooth. You go back to TD, then TD says you are hard to please and that's the best there is. Do we just have to accept it?
I would engage a moderator (gents in blue) and remember "obvious" is a relative term.

torobravo

I realise that these a reps and not gens so don't expect perfection. But if it's an obvious flaw a you see much better examples on the forum you feel as if the TD is trying to pass it off to you.

The business of the forum dealers is based on trust, and if you feel cheated you can return the watch and get your money back. That is why there is a feedback and you can read and choose.

jdog

Trust in what Toro says. I have bought a couple from him already and he's never steered me wrong.

larity

I like your responses Toro. I think my 3rd rep will come from you.

Tony1979

I just received my first QC pics. Can somebody explain the following results:

RATE +6s/d

AMP: 314 degrees

BE: 0.1 ms

BEAT RATE: 28800

Lift Angle: 52.0

Period: 4s

Sound: Yes

I'm sure one of u can concluded that the figures are acceptable or not, but can you also teach me a little bit more? For instance the AMP is, I think, almost to high. Will it come down in time or is there a risk of defects?

Many thanks.

gbx

I just received my first QC pics. Can somebody explain the following results:

RATE +6s/d

AMP: 314 degrees

BE: 0.1 ms

BEAT RATE: 28800

Lift Angle: 52.0

Period: 4s

Sound: Yes

I'm sure one of u can concluded that the figures are acceptable or not, but can you also teach me a little bit more? For instance the AMP is, I think, almost to high. Will it come down in time or is there a risk of defects?

Many thanks.

Amp= Amplitude. Measurement in degrees of the balance wheel swing (ideally should be between 285-310)

Probably fine overall... which movement did you purchase?

Tony1979

I purchased a nickel plated Swiss ETA 2836-2 automatic movement ...

zdh

I have had times where a TD tried to pass of clearly blemished watches onto me that clearly did not match the watch I ordered. Gotta keep a close eye out. Even once I mentioned the issue the TD said that it is a big problem to try and change the watch...

Gotta be firm sometimes.

UGLY
I have had times where a TD tried to pass of clearly blemished watches onto me that clearly did not match the watch I ordered. Gotta keep a close eye out. Even once I mentioned the issue the TD said that it is a big problem to try and change the watch...

Gotta be firm sometimes.

Just to clarify, did those blemished watches not match QC pictures? If so, that suggests that the particular TD was recycling QC pictures, no? Thanks.

Johnsnip1988

Is it normal to wait for 8 days (and counting) for the QC pics?

Bristol1

I agree David543

Yelow69

I received QC pics today and had a problem with a possible defect on the dial, scratch maybe or maybe just a reflection but dealer says he will look into it. Any experience with an issue like this out there.

Yelow69

Received the new pics today and no sign of the blemish. I wonder if it's the same watch.

Versaceboy54

Hello everyone, my name is Andrew and this is my first post on this forum. I just received my first replica from a trusted dealer but who I won't name at this point. I just would like to get other peoples opinions on my issue:

I ordered a hublot Big Bang watch I was sent the QC pics and everything looked good. Initially I did question a part the clasp on the QC picture bc there were two circular holes on top of each other that the web picture showed but were not present on the QC picture. His response was that the picture on the site page was old and this was the updated version of the clasp. I said ok and gave him the ok to ship the watch. I received the watch yesterday and the clasp is a complete different color then the one on the QC picture. Anyone who is familiar with the hublot Big Bang rose gold will know that the inside of clasp is normally black mine is all gold. Completely different then the QC picture of the clasp which was black. I emailed the dealer to ask why this clasp is a completely different color then QC picture and he told me the same answer again that this is the updated version of the clasp and that he is not able to get the black one anymore. I have no clue if this is true or not but I really want the black clasp that the QC picture shows.

I'm curious to hear what other people think about this and if this has happened to them before? I love the watch and it's beautiful but I was under the impression that the QC pics you get are of the exact watch you will be receiving? Obviously the QC pics were not of the actual watch bc if it was then the clasp in the QC pic would have been gold all along and not black.

What does everyone think?

Edited by Versaceboy54

Ji4040
QC Pics

Many of our dealers provide QC photos before shipping, but it appears that there may be some confusion about exactly what they are for.

QC Pics are for:

Making sure that the watch is the same as originally ordered

Making sure that the hands haven’t fallen off

Making sure that the dial is printed correctly and fitted the right way up.

Making sure that the watch hasn’t had a close encounter with a hammer or belt sander (or a bus, for that matter wink.png ).

i.e. they’re purely for ensuring that the watch is what you ordered and is what you would expect of a new watch - hence the term ‘Quality Control’. biggrin.png

QC Pics are NOT for:

Checking whether that rehaut is wokky

Evaluating the shape of the CG

Evaluating the typeface used on the dial.

Working out whether the watch will look ‘gay’ on you.

Deciding whether this is really what you want to buy or whether you should have gone for a different version / a different dealer / something else instead.

i.e. QC pics are provided AFTER you have placed the order - if there’s an obvious flaw or the QC pics show differences between this and the watch you ordered, then you’re well within your rights to request a replacement. Otherwise you should simply accept the watch and go ahead with the transaction.

Note also that QC pics are for YOU and YOU ALONE. Please do not attempt to post your QC pics on the forum - due to problems caused by continual misunderstandings about their purpose we have had to disallow the posting of QC pics and they will be removed if posted.

Hello, sorry to ask here, but can't find anywhere to send membership fee, please guide me, thank you.

jbb1988

Great info here. Cheers to everyone on the advice

BuiltTough

Great post

justlookin

wow QC photos... new one for the Nbie.. i definitely belong in this section.. :/