Sign in to follow this  
Farminho

Rep Ray-Bans?

Farminho

Evening all,

I own a couple of pairs of ray-bans, but I've just been casually surfing the net for a cheapo pair of sunglasses for holidays/beach/poolwear as I'd rather not knacker my nice pairs that I own, anyway, I stumbled across this site:

http://www.raybanqqtrade.tk/

(Admins/mods feel free to delete the link if I'm breaking any rules here :rofl: ).

Anyway - the 'discount' prices are so low that they MUST be fake, but I've googled the site address and 'review' and nothing negative (or positive tbf) comes up.

I don't suppose any of you guys have used this site before?

Cheers

F

SeanusMaximus

My two cents - I bagged a pair of wayfarer's for £75 .... its worth the price in my opinion because if i break them.. Ray-Ban fix them :rofl:

Farminho
My two cents - I bagged a pair of wayfarer's for £75 .... its worth the price in my opinion because if i break them.. Ray-Ban fix them ;)

How do you mean?

If you break them Ray Ban fix them?

Is that a standard thing that they do? Have I been overly careful with mine for no reason? :rofl:

powderfreak

I believe the range of available glasses is too large, no chance he has so many different reps. --> possibly scammer

If you want some Ray-Bans, you should check out this guy on ioffer.

He is def. not a scammer, I just bought some glasses for me and some other members from him. Shipping takes a while, but the quality is okay-ish and the prices are usually lower than what he writes on the page (Wayfarer for 12,50€, we bought a bunch and ended up paying less than 10€ per pair.)

Edit: I thought about buying the gens several times, but comparing to the gen(s) my gf and friends have, the only real thing would be a polarized old Wayfarer, but I just can't justify 165€ for it... (that is 230$ or 145GPB).

Broadsword

But what about UV protection? I personally would never buy rep sunglasses because you only get 1 set of eyes!

SeanusMaximus
My two cents - I bagged a pair of wayfarer's for £75 .... its worth the price in my opinion because if i break them.. Ray-Ban fix them :D

How do you mean?

If you break them Ray Ban fix them?

Is that a standard thing that they do? Have I been overly careful with mine for no reason? :rofl:

well dont quote me on it, but I purchased mine from sunglasseshut (I think? Was a while ago ;)) and the guy said that apart from obvious things like scratches which are due to wear, things like bridge-snaps or arm twists/breaks can be replaced if you send them back..

EDIT - If they are within the given 1year warranty then yes, if not then it is questionable, I took out cover for a small fee for 3yrs so im ok :D

cobn
But what about UV protection? I personally would never buy rep sunglasses because you only get 1 set of eyes!

correct.

powderfreak

Not true, every (or almost) every rep sunglasses have UV protection, if you don't trust 'em, get them tested.

NCRich
My two cents - I bagged a pair of wayfarer's for £75 .... its worth the price in my opinion because if i break them.. Ray-Ban fix them :rofl:

You might want to read that warranty. From their site:

Ray–Ban® warrants their sunglasses against breakage due to defects in material and workmanship for one year from the date of purchase. Scratched lenses are considered normal wear and are not covered under warranty.

You break them and unless you can prove it was a defect (you sitting on them is not a defect) they are not covered.

Farminho
I believe the range of available glasses is too large, no chance he has so many different reps. --> possibly scammer

If you want some Ray-Bans, you should check out this guy on ioffer.

He is def. not a scammer, I just bought some glasses for me and some other members from him. Shipping takes a while, but the quality is okay-ish and the prices are usually lower than what he writes on the page (Wayfarer for 12,50€, we bought a bunch and ended up paying less than 10€ per pair.)

Edit: I thought about buying the gens several times, but comparing to the gen(s) my gf and friends have, the only real thing would be a polarized old Wayfarer, but I just can't justify 165€ for it... (that is 230$ or 145GPB).

Yeah I've got two pairs of aviators, and they're expensive enough to want to take care of them, so I just want a pair that looks good - that doesn't matter if I ruin them!

Anyway - thanks I'll check out the link.

Edit: I thought even rep gigs had UV protection? Could be a dealbreaker tbf....

Edited by Farminho

SeanusMaximus
My two cents - I bagged a pair of wayfarer's for £75 .... its worth the price in my opinion because if i break them.. Ray-Ban fix them :D

You might want to read that warranty. From their site:

Ray–Ban® warrants their sunglasses against breakage due to defects in material and workmanship for one year from the date of purchase. Scratched lenses are considered normal wear and are not covered under warranty.

You break them and unless you can prove it was a defect (you sitting on them is not a defect) they are not covered.

I know rich, what I mean is, through a dealer eg sunglasses hut or wherever you buy them through - stand a far higher chance (due do trust and sales etc I imagine) of sending them back as defects, at least thats what the guy that served me hinted at ;)

EDIT - I also took out extended cover through the shop so I am definitely covered :rofl:

AlphaLima

My thoughts exactly. I'm more than happy to wear a rep watch as it's purely a style thing. Shades on the other hand offer form & function. I'd never wear rep shades as you don't know what you're getting. I bought some Ray Ban New Wayfarers recently in matte black, and i fucking loves 'em.

Farminho

So thanks for the replies guys, I'll probably give this one a swerve then...but if I do go for it I'll post full reviews up on here so you can see if they're worth a punt or not :rofl:

Edit: unless I go blind. Probably won't be typing anything then.....

Edited by Farminho

NCRich

Wouldn't have done me any good anyway, my last pair of prescription wayfarers are 300 ft deep off the Bahamas. Got to remember to not lean forward when you have them perched on your forehead.

SeanusMaximus
Wouldn't have done me any good anyway, my last pair of prescription wayfarers are 300 ft deep off the Bahamas. Got to remember to not lean forward when you have them perched on your forehead.

:rofl:;):D Guess not!!

AlphaLima
Edit: unless I go blind.

You masturbate a lot, do you?

SeanusMaximus

Or play with dog faeces? :rofl:

Farminho

Or play with dog faeces? :rofl:

At the same time lads.

SamGold

if you buy them from sunglasses hut your covered for 6months against for any damage to the frames only, so if you sit on them after 3 months and break the frame, take them back to them and they'll pay 50% of the replacement cost. its a sunglasses hut deal though, not rayban. i got some carbon raybans and there pretty indestructable, £190 well spent in my opinion

Farminho

cheers Sam sounds like a reasonable deal