Sign in to follow this  
tsomers

How can I tell what movement this is?

tsomers

I open up my Pumpkin PO I got from Oscar and I was trying to figure out the movement in it, but it is not marked.

What movement is this?

2011-07-1409-18-33119.jpg

flottiglia

Its a Dixmont Guanzhou DG 2813 or the Nanning equivalent,also known as the 2816 when the date is at 6 instead of 3

tsomers
Its a Dixmont Guanzhou DG 2813 or the Nanning equivalent,also known as the 2816 when the date is at 6 instead of 3

Thank you very much! Date is at 3.

flottiglia

Yep,2813 then.They sometimes have different rotor styles,you have the Rolex..ish style rotor !

The DG version has a weird little logo like a circle with three prongs on the plate under the balance wheel.If it hasn't got the logo it will be a Nanning.They are basically the same and interchangeable.

tsomers
Yep,2813 then.They sometimes have different rotor styles,you have the Rolex..ish style rotor !

The DG version has a weird little logo like a circle with three prongs on the plate under the balance wheel.If it hasn't got the logo it will be a Nanning.They are basically the same and interchangeable.

But this is not an ETA clone then, right?

flottiglia

No not an ETA clone,its a Citizen Miyota 85xx clone and most people think its better than the Miyota !

tissotman

Ive got this movement in one or two watches high beat 28,800 beats an hour like rolex not a bad movement but have had date problems.

flottiglia
Ive got this movement in one or two watches high beat 28,800 beats an hour like rolex not a bad movement but have had date problems.

Yes they are a good movement.The quickset seems to be a bit fragile,you need to make sure that the hands are well away from the date changeover at midnight if you are setting it from the quickset.Basically don't set the date between say 10pm and 2am,thats good practice with any movement though.

g3ngs

Yes they are a good movement.The quickset seems to be a bit fragile,you need to make sure that the hands are well away from the date changeover at midnight if you are setting it from the quickset.Basically don't set the date between say 10pm and 2am,thats good practice with any movement though.

Thanks I never actually knew that, though now I think about it makes perfect sense. Thanks

greg_r
NecroBumpBatman.jpg

DR3M3L
:wtf:

cuddilyteddy

:wtf:

:stupid: I mean him