Sign in to follow this  
AlphaLima

Seconds @ 6....IWC specifically

AlphaLima

Right then....the seconds at 6 are inherently doomed to fail, correct? This means i'm loathed to spend my pennies on a watch that will have such a short time span.

The Parnis homages, from what i can gather, don't have this problem. Am i right?

I must be missing something. Can the movement from a Parnis Portuguese homage be swapped out and placed into the body of an IWC Portuguese, thus giving you an IWC with a touch of reliability, or am i comparing apples and oranges?

What say you, nerds of RWG?

houndoggie

that anal watchsmith dude on RWI says the new extra jewelled version of this movement should be okay with his super anal service.

SamGold

Getting an iwc 3714 that works is my mission also, i was thinking of a few things .

the parnis homage isnt a chrono as far as im aware

1) could the extra wital jewels be added (by drilling a hole for it in the plate and puting gears on as they shoul)

2) could the plate that carries the mode be remade out of nylon, as the would be way less friction than metal on metal

3) could the sec@6 mod from the rolex mov. be swapped, not the hole mov, just the plate and gears for the required mod as apparently they are fairly reliable

im an engineer, not a watch smith so these could be way to ham fisted, worth a shot though