Sign in to follow this  
Balad1

How many reps have you bought from Robert's Auction Site

Balad1

There is something about combining my love of reps with the thrill of an online auction that is addicting to me, lol.

11 so far for me...

PS: Considering the great deals maybe I'm normal; thoughts, ha ha?

greg_r

None, believe it or not. I don't know how I've managed to avoid getting sucked in, but so far I'm clean....

fe22ari

Only one so far. Fucked it up a bit tho'. Great place to get great cheap reps and there's the service option and it comes in days too! Sweet!!

prestigewatchco

I am glad you have a record Balad every time I look you have bought something else!!

cvp3
I am glad you have a record Balad every time I look you have bought something else!!

Bid on 3 but only won 1.

Balad1

The only problem is that I have so many in the pipeline that I don't even remember what the fuck I've bought...

If it wasn't for the "I won" page I wouldn't have known the count, ha ha.

KeNnY

nice Balad, hope you will show us all your new incomings ! ;)

I have bought 4 now.

Balad1

After being subject to a TBI in Iraq I have no self control, lol.

But I'm happy ;)

Corv99

none for me yet!!

djward

just two for me

prestigewatchco

According to my sales count I have sold 393 watches since it started although some have been sold when I have duplicates so don't show in count. Of course I have also had the inevitable wanker who doesn't pay but not many to be honest

Crimosoft

2 as for me... I may consider a 3rd one but not sure yet :)

NCRich

One, in the early days of the auction. I am not visiting it now. Too tempting.

mondeov6

One..... so far.... and it was a damn nice watch! :) ......

Balad1
According to my sales count I have sold 393 watches since it started although some have been sold when I have duplicates so don't show in count. Of course I have also had the inevitable wanker who doesn't pay but not many to be honest

@Robert

Will the auction be a permanent thing or will it run on a limited basis?

gB.

I'm right there with you Ted, close to a dozen bought by now. Luckily some have passed on to others, or were for someone else from the get go. Close to half of them are mine now TBH... :)

NFleischer

0- I did win a bid on a Bond SMP but 'did not meet reserve'. I should have gotten it anyway.

prestigewatchco
0- I did win a bid on a Bond SMP but 'did not meet reserve'. I should have gotten it anyway.

No you shouldn't if you never got an email saying you won it you didn't win at the end of every auction since there is no reserve I manually assign every watch with a bid on it. So don't go winging you won something and didn't get opportunity to buy it. If you had offered or bid the most money then you would have bought it period.

Give me the auction number and I will get you the bid print out

Balad1
I'm right there with you Ted, close to a dozen bought by now. Luckily some have passed on to others, or were for someone else from the get go. Close to half of them are mine know TBH... :)

You know the funny part of my obsession is that considering I'm retired I only wear a watch maybe once a week for a few hours (out to dinner and such). When I'm home doing yard work / home improvements I'm afraid to scratch them so never wear them.

For me collecting reps makes me happy so I say "fuck it" drive on, lol.

PS: Actually about to leave for the day and have on a big ass IWC that I got from Robert's auction for a very reasonable price.

catandwatchpics008.jpg

DeLaForce

I like the way Robert changed the auction procedure from the initial start up, I've only got 2 , but ones on it's way back ... Hope it gets there soon :) must resist !

NFleischer

No you shouldn't if you never got an email saying you won it you didn't win at the end of every auction since there is no reserve I manually assign every watch with a bid on it. So don't go winging you won something and didn't get opportunity to buy it. If you had offered or bid the most money then you would have bought it period.

Give me the auction number and I will get you the bid print out

I wasn't complaining. Frankly I didn't understand the reserve concept, maybe it was dropped or

perhaps someone made a higher offer after. That's why if I want to buy something I'll just order directly, like my incoming Catrier.

prestigewatchco

I have to be honest N I was surprised you were complaining. But it did look like you were saying you were the high bid and didn't get it. The way it works currently with reserve is that regardless if reserve is met or not the watch is sold to the highest bid or offer. Thats the problem with the web it doesn't show the way things are said just what is said. Sorry if I misunderstood

AGL

bid on a few and made offers but nothing for me. Im too cheap. haha

graman

None so far..... :hss:

NFleischer
I have to be honest N I was surprised you were complaining. But it did look like you were saying you were the high bid and didn't get it. The way it works currently with reserve is that regardless if reserve is met or not the watch is sold to the highest bid or offer. Thats the problem with the web it doesn't show the way things are said just what is said. Sorry if I misunderstood

No problema. Anyway Robert the auction was back on July 16th, was the reserve system different then?