greg_r

My Watch Hasn't Shown Up / Is Broken / Isn't What I Ordered. What Do I Do Now?

greg_r

This keeps coming up in all sorts of ways, so I figured it was time we had a sticky about it.

What do I do when my watch doesn't show up, is DOA or is just wrong?

Firstly, DO NOT PANIC!!!!

Sometimes things get lost in transit. It's a bummer, but it happens. Be patient - it's not uncommon for a watch to take anything up to a month to arrive, occasionally even longer (my personal record is just over 9 weeks!). Give it a chance. If you've opted for EMS shipping, then you should have received a tracking number. Go to http://www.track-trace.com/ and punch the number into the "Post/EMS(with USPS)" field. Nine times out of ten, you'll find that the watch is in the postman's van and about to arrive on your doorstep.

If the result doesn't make sense, or the tracking doesn't work at all - and assuming you've been waiting an abnormally long time, then the next step is to contact the Trusted Dealer (obviously if the problem is something other than slow delivery, then your dealer should be your first port of call).

Whoever the Trusted Dealer may be, you need to make sure you give them all the relevant information. Some are more organised than others, but all are more likely to respond in a timely fashion if you make their lives easier by giving them the info they need (bear in mind that most dealers are one or two-person operations - this ain't Amazon we're dealing with here ;) )

So, whether you PM or email to say "Where's my watch?" or "Help, I have a problem with my watch!" make sure you tell the dealer the following:

1. Your FULL name and address.

2. Details of the watch purchased and the date the order was placed

3. Date and method of payment - including order number if you have one

4. If emailing, make sure you include your forum name and the forum via which you placed the order (i.e. RWG).

Now sit and wait for a response for at least 3 days. If it's a weekend, bear in mind that even Trusted Dealers are entitled to the weekend off, so give it an extra couple of days. If it's a faulty watch issue, the dealer will need you to return the watch. These things can take a couple of months to sort out (allowing for transit in both directions) so please be patient.

If you are unable to resolve the problem with the Trusted Dealer after discussing it with them and allowing a reasonable time to reach a resolution, then please PM a moderator (moderators are marked in light blue on the members online section at the bottom of the board index page). When contacting a moderator, they will need the whole story - including the information mentioned above. We don't promise miracles, but most of the time a moderator will help you straighten out whatever the issues may be.

Note that moderators have plenty to do both on RWG and in real life so please do not contact them until you have tried to resolve the issue yourself - contacting a moderator should be your last resort.

Edited by Del
Update

solkryssare

Amen :Whistle:

KeNnY

Sticky for sure ! :Whistle:

olly593

I spot a cheeky scammer, send in the hamster

greg_r

Spammer had left droppings all over the place and I couldn't be bothered to go through and edit, so deleted the lot and introduced him to the hamster.... :o

tkeraider

great info

rknikka

sorry-i may be in the wrong place,but i am a nubie,so please bear with me ordered welder(we2161) - rep from timesshop-3/1812-pd$108 on cc.no response to 4 polite emails.order# t4616. thanks [[address removed TB99]]-i have previously ordered from them with no problem user name nikka my email address []

trailboss99

Um ,not a good idea to post all your details out in open forum mate, ever heard of identity theft?

You need to contact a moderator for help with this matter.

DeLaForce
:thumbsup:

alaoula

So, if I'm reading this correctly, I shouldn't be concerned, right?

I ordered two watches from timeshops.net on September 21 (payment was finally received on 9/26). So far there isn't a tracking number, but Mark says they will have one in "two or three days". I also ordered a watch from getat-watch.com on September 21 - Tat sent a tracking number but it doesn't return any shipping info on track-trace.com/post or the Hong Kong post link Tat provided.

Trying to be patient....

Luthier

Forget about tracking, it rarely work.

razorblade

So, if I'm reading this correctly, I shouldn't be concerned, right?

I ordered two watches from timeshops.net on September 21 (payment was finally received on 9/26). So far there isn't a tracking number, but Mark says they will have one in "two or three days". I also ordered a watch from getat-watch.com on September 21 - Tat sent a tracking number but it doesn't return any shipping info on track-trace.com/post or the Hong Kong post link Tat provided.

Trying to be patient....

take it easy. if u just received the tracking number, it probably isnt updated into the tracking sites yet.

alaoula

Thanks. The tracking number from Getat-Watch came by email on 10/2. Will heed your advice to 'take it easy' - I'm just 1/2 excited to get my new watches and 1/2 nervous that I just flushed a bunch of money down the drain.

razorblade

Thanks. The tracking number from Getat-Watch came by email on 10/2. Will heed your advice to 'take it easy' - I'm just 1/2 excited to get my new watches and 1/2 nervous that I just flushed a bunch of money down the drain.

they are trusted dealers here for a reason, you'll get your watches. yeah i know how u feel mate, i always rape the tracking site when i have one incoming lol.

TyLoper

this thread is reassuring for a noob like me

jeffw69

Bump for noobs, plz read.

JOEY172

good info,thanx

jeffw69

BUMP FOR NEW MEMBERS!

Well worth a read.

onionbag

Good bump Jeff.

Chief726

There's a lot to learn in this forum....

jeffw69

BUMP FOR NOOBS.

FunnyStarSystem

This is the best advice I've read here yet. Thanks greg_r!

hdman820

More good info

Himont

Timely info, just returned a watch with loose "spinning" hands

Will wait to see how long the return trip will be?.... Thanks

kevroberts7

I new so bear with me. What if the watch is great, but there's a simple issue, like 2 links on the band are not removable because of a defect? Any advice?