greg_r

My Watch Hasn't Shown Up / Is Broken / Isn't What I Ordered. What Do I Do Now?

tonyb1971

Hi guys,

Am I missing something here- how do I contact a Moderator? I cant seem to find out how to- all i can see is the list of members, but not if they are/arent a Mod.

I have an issue with a watch bought from a trusted dealer, and the dealer has gone silent on their responses.

Any help appreciated :)

flyr

Just above all the members that are on line at the bottom of the front page you will see "Moderating Team", click on it and you will see moderators that you can contact.

greg_r

Hi guys,

Am I missing something here- how do I contact a Moderator? I cant seem to find out how to- all i can see is the list of members, but not if they are/arent a Mod.

I have an issue with a watch bought from a trusted dealer, and the dealer has gone silent on their responses.

Moderators are marked in light blue on the members online list (bottom of the board index page) and have 'Moderator' under their name by every post they make.

Mazz

Really?

tonyb1971

Hi all,

Thanks for your help with my noob question. The seller made contact with me last night- the watch is on it's way back to them for repair/exchange.

Thanks again everyone, and keep up the highly informative & entertaining work ! :)

markomars

I'm in the same boat as some of you. I purchased a Sea Dweller from Joshua (Perfect Clones) but it was DOA. He informed me to send it back to him via registered post and declare it as a gift for $10. I did so on the 21st of November. I was able to track it and it states that it reached China on the 25th of November but to date, Joshua has informed that he has not received it. The address he asked me to send it to is a paid address so he says that there is nothing he can do until he receives the watch. It's been about 1 and a half months already and after spending about $400, I have nothing to show for it.

trailboss99

Which is why I never recommend sending stuff back, it's easier to get it fixed locally.

A few things:

You were told to send registered post because any other method and it has a far less chance of making it thru China Customs. While they are a bit lazy about stuff going out, in is a different matter.

It's China, it can take months on rare occasions so don't give up hope yet.

nicholaswlq

Hey mates after weeks of reading this forum, I finally settled on one of your trusted dealers ordered a Rolex daydate from perfect clones that comes with a 28800 BPH movement but when I received the watch the QC pictures showed that the watch came with the 21600 BPH movement instead.

I contacted the seller (perfectclones) but he said the watch with the 28800BPH movement just suddenly went out of stock " Things are happening very dynamic ... It just went out of stocks " and insist on me taking the one with the 216000 BPH movement instead.

I feel cheated, what am I supposed to do now? Thanks in advance for the advice and cheers.

JSJ
Hey mates after weeks of reading this forum, I finally settled on one of your trusted dealers ordered a Rolex daydate from perfect clones that comes with a 28800 BPH movement but when I received the watch the QC pictures showed that the watch came with the 21600 BPH movement instead.

I contacted the seller (perfectclones) but he said the watch with the 28800BPH movement just suddenly went out of stock " Things are happening very dynamic ... It just went out of stocks " and insist on me taking the one with the 216000 BPH movement instead.

I feel cheated, what am I supposed to do now? Thanks in advance for the advice and cheers.

As long as your order was clear and we have the full story (sorry but sometimes people leave out important stuff), I'd reject this watch. If you don't have any joy, contact a mod.

nicholaswlq

As long as your order was clear and we have the full story (sorry but sometimes people leave out important stuff), I'd reject this watch. If you don't have any joy, contact a mod.

Hi how do I get in touch with a moderator? sorry for asking such a question but I'm new here.

Not Quite Dead

Hi guys,

Moderators are marked in light blue on the members online list (bottom of the board index page) and have 'Moderator' under their name by every post they make.

Like this

JSJ

Hi how do I get in touch with a moderator? sorry for asking such a question but I'm new here.

Quickly make sure the TD knows you are rejecting the watch. Once he has shipped it it's much more difficult to solve this. Write and say

"Sorry but I don't accept the watch. Please don't ship it. Let's find another way to solve this. What else can you suggest?"

Stay polite and solve it with a mod.

markomars
I'm in the same boat as some of you. I purchased a Sea Dweller from Joshua (Perfect Clones) but it was DOA. He informed me to send it back to him via registered post and declare it as a gift for $10. I did so on the 21st of November. I was able to track it and it states that it reached China on the 25th of November but to date, Joshua has informed that he has not received it. The address he asked me to send it to is a paid address so he says that there is nothing he can do until he receives the watch. It's been about 1 and a half months already and after spending about $400, I have nothing to show for it.

Joshua has finally informed me that my watch has been received and has been repaired. Took 2 months for it to reach him. China post ..... go figure. It is now on the way back to me. Hope it reaches soon!!!

Update: The watch has finally arrived and it's working. Even though it took more than 3 months for me to get my watch, I'm happy that it's finally on my wrist.

Edited by markomars

chrish8

I read this at the end of greg_r post

We don't promise miracles, but most of the time we can help you straighten out whatever the issues may be.

I know I have read posts where the mods do step in and get things sorted out and others where the TD goes missing and we are told not to deal with them anymore. So I have a general question and not sure if it is taboo to ask, but how/what do the mods do to try and rectify a deal gone bad? Again not sure if the members are allowed to know this I am just curious.

I wouldn't think it would be anything like the godfather scene

the_godfather_horse_head.jpg

or is it? :Thinking:

RichardMiami

chrish8

NOTE: These methods also work well with inquisitive Members

I withdraw my post, please continue along without me

srobinson789

This is helpful for nervous noobs like me!

likeclockwork

Joshua has finally informed me that my watch has been received and has been repaired. Took 2 months for it to reach him. China post ..... go figure. It is now on the way back to me. Hope it reaches soon!!!

Update: The watch has finally arrived and it's working. Even though it took more than 3 months for me to get my watch, I'm happy that it's finally on my wrist.

I'm in the same boat as you and I'm trying to figure out how to ship it back to Joshua correctly.

How exactly did you go about packaging the watch/declaring it in order for it to make it through?

I've heard stories of people going to the post office and them turning him or her away because of China's regulations on shipping these kinds of items.

Vreds

I'm in the same boat as you and I'm trying to figure out how to ship it back to Joshua correctly.

How exactly did you go about packaging the watch/declaring it in order for it to make it through?

I've heard stories of people going to the post office and them turning him or her away because of China's regulations on shipping these kinds of items.

Make sure to contact a local watchsmith or something similar before you send it back. It might cost a few dollars but the works is so much better and often faster. I have never shipped anything back to a TD.

black263

What kind of items. Surely not a "watch". I'm sure we never send any such prohibited item.

markomars

Hi Likeclockwork,

Well, I actually re-used the Styrofoam box that my watch was packed in when I received it. I brought it to the post office and purchased a box that was just slightly bigger than the Styrofoam box. Packed it in and shipped it via registered mail (Joshua gave me instructions to not send it by courier). I declared USD10 and the item as a toy watch (his instructions also).

If you can get it fixed locally would be best. However, if you are unable to, you could try sending it back but it may take awhile to reach him. Just got to be prepared to wait it out.

Hope this helps.

mthiodet

Thanks for the info! How much does it generally cost to send back a watch to a TD of it arrives broken? Do they cover the shipping fees? on

redfire51

Ok

Ricky777

Can somebody help me with Tony chow..what a prober..fff..er order a watch told him it was for a wedding gift..He said he couldent get the money from westurn union.there was some problem ..I ask how can i help.He told me the watch has been sent so i told him do you want me to cancel westurn and resend..no reply my client thought i scammed him and was going to the police..he lives in my city....now Tony has put a stop on the watch so i have no watch and no money from westurn i want his page noob.com closed down can any body help.plzz

Mazz
:facepalm: