greg_r

My Watch Hasn't Shown Up / Is Broken / Isn't What I Ordered. What Do I Do Now?

Foxindebox

Who the hell is Tony Chow and is he a trusted dealer on this site?

RussP

Mazz...............I think that comment needs more than one face-palm.

Perhaps this instead ?

:spank:

Mazz

Chow King the Philipino resturant ???

Foxindebox

Member since 2015, this is the first post and has been scammed. You can lead a horse to water...

elp

Sounds like you got scammed. Sorry to hear it. Next time, don't buy watches from unknown sources, and do not buy on behalf of somebody else. Treat it as a learning exercise.

black263

Sorry, but you just had a learning experience. Noob.com isn't a trusted dealer. Tony has ripped you off, and there's nothing we can do to help.

You could always try going to the police and see how they respond to a complaint that you've been taking part in an illegal transaction and got scammed. (Perhaps not such a good idea, on reflection)

[[ADMIN EDIT]] Relly dumb suggestion removed [[/ADMIN EDIT]]

You could try Western Union and see if they could help you, as you were ripped off while taking part in a WU transaction that contravened their terms and conditions, and lied on the documantation. (Also not a good idea. Do you spot a trend developing here)

When you buy an illegal item from a foreign criminal, there ain't a lot that anyone can do when it all turns to worms. That's why we stick to the TDs.

anfalas
0c4801d1e97f876d7194c26d8ba377b26fc1cbc43ee7c2fdb5c3de55dcbe88d6.jpg

JSJ

Damn, I missed black's really dumb suggestion and my brain is suggesting so many things it could have been.

elp

Damn, I missed black's really dumb suggestion and my brain is suggesting so many things it could have been.

Picture a goat and a tub of butter and .... never mind.

black263

On a scale of really dumb to unbelievably dumb, it was even more dumb. To be fair, I did say it was also not a good idea.

And what's wrong with a well buttered goat?

Mrbates

Lol I had my package transferred from DHL to a random carrier and then found out a) they don't deliver to post offices and b) the dealer didn't address the package to say it was a po box lol.

mjbeat

buy a new one lol

Poonfluff

Just about to order my first rep. Gives me the chills. Hope i dont have to go through this.

timeless1250

Thanks for the info!

Urminme

So this is the I forum I can see related to me questions about "when to contact a MOD". My questions is I was informed my watch was instock and it seems like in turn it's not, it's been roughly 2 weeks since payment was confirmed and the TD and there minions it seems have been steadily answering my questions but they seem different everyone like it' just some dude saysing what I want to hear, first they say factory closed then they say you didn' receive QC then they says oh factory is justed opened. It seems like I can' get a straight answer. So how long should someone wait before speaking with a MOD? As I stated above I have not received QC just the payment ok message and nothing about the watch being unavailable 

Wriggles
1 minute ago, Urminme said:

So this is the I forum I can see related to me questions about "when to contact a MOD". My questions is I was informed my watch was instock and it seems like in turn it's not, it's been roughly 2 weeks since payment was confirmed and the TD and there minions it seems have been steadily answering my questions but they seem different everyone like it' just some dude saysing what I want to hear, first they say factory closed then they say you didn' receive QC then they says oh factory is justed opened. It seems like I can' get a straight answer. So how long should someone wait before speaking with a MOD? As I stated above I have not received QC just the payment ok message and nothing about the watch being unavailable 

This isn't the purpose of this thread. CNY is not long over and it can take time to source some watches. Learn some patience

Urminme
26 minutes ago, Wriggles said:

This isn't the purpose of this thread. CNY is not long over and it can take time to source some watches. Learn some patience

It's the only thred i found regarding a MOD so I figured it' worth a try I know I'm being a what twat but I hate getting the run around and not just saying I don' have it or I'm still waiting 

Wriggles
1 minute ago, Urminme said:

It's the only thred i found regarding a MOD so I figured it' worth a try I know I'm being a what twat but I hate getting the run around and not just saying I don' have it or I'm still waiting 

Get used to it or get a different hobby. Seriously, the entitlement/immediate gratification hangups people have these days is gotten ridiculous

Luxuracer
46 minutes ago, Urminme said:

In this hobby you have to be very very patient .... I have 2 watches which I have been waiting for 2 months.

First they were in stock, then came CNY. After that they were in stock again. When TD tried to pick them up, one had no bracelet because there was none. So, here I am still waiting. That how this hobby goes, sometimes.

Urminme
18 minutes ago, Luxuracer said:

In this hobby you have to be very very patient .... I have 2 watches which I have been waiting for 2 months.

First they were in stock, then came CNY. After that they were in stock again. When TD tried to pick them up, one had no bracelet because there was none. So, here I am still waiting. That how this hobby goes, sometimes.

But on the bright side at least you got a decent response and know what' really going on. I'l wait no problem but when your left hanging that I don' like 

phrenetik

Good info here thx

Rav2010

Very informative guidelines.

Rolex2020
On 05/09/2011 at 13:56, greg_r said:

This keeps coming up in all sorts of ways, so I figured it was time we had a sticky about it.

What do I do when my watch doesn't show up, is DOA or is just wrong?

Firstly, DO NOT PANIC!!!!

Sometimes things get lost in transit. It's a bummer, but it happens. Be patient - it's not uncommon for a watch to take anything up to a month to arrive, occasionally even longer (my personal record is just over 9 weeks!). Give it a chance. If you've opted for EMS shipping, then you should have received a tracking number. Go to http://www.track-trace.com/ and punch the number into the "Post/EMS(with USPS)" field. Nine times out of ten, you'll find that the watch is in the postman's van and about to arrive on your doorstep.

If the result doesn't make sense, or the tracking doesn't work at all - and assuming you've been waiting an abnormally long time, then the next step is to contact the dealer (obviously if the problem is something other than slow delivery, then your dealer should be your first port of call).

Whoever the dealer may be, you need to make sure you give them all the relevant information. Some are more organised than others, but all are more likely to respond in a timely fashion if you make their lives easier by giving them the info they need (bear in mind that most dealers are one or two-person operations - this ain't Amazon we're dealing with here ;) )

So, whether you PM or email to say "Where's my watch?" or "Help, I have a problem with my watch!" make sure you tell the dealer the following:

1. Your FULL name and address.

2. Details of the watch purchased and the date the order was placed

3. Date and method of payment - including order number if you have one

4. If emailing, make sure you include your forum name and the forum via which you placed the order (i.e. RWG).

Now sit and wait for at least 48 hours. If it's a weekend, bear in mind that dealers are entitled to a weekend off occasionally too, so give it an extra couple of days. If it's a faulty watch issue, the dealer will need you to return the watch. These things can take a couple of months to sort out (allowing for transit in both directions) so please be patient.

If you still have a problem after going through the above process, then please PM a moderator (moderators are marked in light blue on the members online section at the bottom of the board index page). When contacting a mod, we'll need the whole story - including the information mentioned above. We don't promise miracles, but most of the time we can help you straighten out whatever the issues may be.

Send it back but obviously pre warn them that your doing this,  recorded delivery also.. The, when they have th watch ask for a replacement or your Monday back..always politely tho

Dravon

Thanks for the informative post 

porkypig2010
On 05/09/2011 at 07:56, greg_r said:

This keeps coming up in all sorts of ways, so I figured it was time we had a sticky about it.

What do I do when my watch doesn't show up, is DOA or is just wrong?

Firstly, DO NOT PANIC!!!!

Sometimes things get lost in transit. It's a bummer, but it happens. Be patient - it's not uncommon for a watch to take anything up to a month to arrive, occasionally even longer (my personal record is just over 9 weeks!). Give it a chance. If you've opted for EMS shipping, then you should have received a tracking number. Go to http://www.track-trace.com/ and punch the number into the "Post/EMS(with USPS)" field. Nine times out of ten, you'll find that the watch is in the postman's van and about to arrive on your doorstep.

If the result doesn't make sense, or the tracking doesn't work at all - and assuming you've been waiting an abnormally long time, then the next step is to contact the dealer (obviously if the problem is something other than slow delivery, then your dealer should be your first port of call).

Whoever the dealer may be, you need to make sure you give them all the relevant information. Some are more organised than others, but all are more likely to respond in a timely fashion if you make their lives easier by giving them the info they need (bear in mind that most dealers are one or two-person operations - this ain't Amazon we're dealing with here ;) )

So, whether you PM or email to say "Where's my watch?" or "Help, I have a problem with my watch!" make sure you tell the dealer the following:

1. Your FULL name and address.

2. Details of the watch purchased and the date the order was placed

3. Date and method of payment - including order number if you have one

4. If emailing, make sure you include your forum name and the forum via which you placed the order (i.e. RWG).

Now sit and wait for at least 48 hours. If it's a weekend, bear in mind that dealers are entitled to a weekend off occasionally too, so give it an extra couple of days. If it's a faulty watch issue, the dealer will need you to return the watch. These things can take a couple of months to sort out (allowing for transit in both directions) so please be patient.

If you still have a problem after going through the above process, then please PM a moderator (moderators are marked in light blue on the members online section at the bottom of the board index page). When contacting a mod, we'll need the whole story - including the information mentioned above. We don't promise miracles, but most of the time we can help you straighten out whatever the issues may be.

basic details do matter when dealing with td.

nice read