Sign in to follow this  
RolexAddict

THE SWISS ETA MOVEMENTS USED IN REP WATCHES

RolexAddict

JoeyB,

August is vacations time, I am flying, I play golf, I will be out of France till the 31 of august :thumbsup:

I can't see differences on pics, difficult, may be By Tor knows :) (just joking)

the problem with this mess of ETA, parts are mixed, I will say, all these movements are assembled in China with parts coming from ETA;

Even if Chinese produce ETA parts -this has to be seriously proven with tech. arguments and the name of factories-, I think, if clones exist, it is under ETA specs, so its no clones, its ETA. Like Ralph Lauren shirts made in China, its Ralf Lauren. Period.

:beer:

JoeyB
JoeyB,

August is vacations time, I am flying, I play golf, I will be out of France till the 31 of august :thumbsup:

I can't see differences on pics, difficult, may be By Tor knows :) (just joking)

the problem with this mess of ETA, parts are mixed, I will say, all these movements are assembled in China with parts coming from ETA;

Even if Chinese produce ETA parts -this has to be seriously proven with tech. arguments and the name of factories-, I think, if clones exist, it is under ETA specs, so its no clones, its ETA. Like Ralph Lauren shirts made in China, its Ralf Lauren. Period.

:beer:

Thanks RA, you've never steered me wrong! And I think I'll pass on asking by-tor. :rolleyes:

sconehead

Just to add to Joeys examples using GMT watches. The 2836-2 movement is not a specific GMT movement and ETA don't make a module for it. It is modded by the rep makers to provide this function, if only we knew where for sure though. Just a small assembly/modification shop or a full on factory, who knows, somebody must???

JoeyB

I read somewhere that the GMT mod to the 2836-2 uses the day wheel reversed, somehow, to move the 4th hand. Which makes sense considering how both are adjusted the same way.

AllergyDoc

bump

AllergyDoc

Thanks. I forgot about that post.

tissotman

very interesting will have to check all my eta watches out

janawatch

Very useful tutorial, thanks for sharing. For more replica watches, please click www.goatsunlimited.com

roguetrader

This thread could have been really useful...

But now all the photos have been removed its fairly usless

Any other threads out there showing pics of the difference between Swiss eta and Asain clone plus Sellita movements?