Sign in to follow this  
mulder

Strap for IWC Doppleganger

mulder

I have a IWC Top Gun Doppleganger from Robert. If any of you have read my feedback you will see the strap doesn't fit onto the case snugly. There is a gap between the band and case.

tg3.jpg

I am in search of another strap. I dont want anything fancy like alligator or shark or eel or moose scrotum, just a cow leather in black, thickish and nice buckle (IWC inscription even better). I dont want deployment clasps just a buckle. Carbon fibre look? nope!

Any ideas? Ive seen some from our trusted dealers and some on ebay that look ok but Im still unsure as to what will look the goods.

David

djward
I have a IWC Top Gun Doppleganger from Robert. If any of you have read my feedback you will see the strap doesn't fit onto the case snugly. There is a gap between the band and case.

tg3.jpg

I am in search of another strap. I dont want anything fancy like alligator or shark or eel or moose scrotum, just a cow leather in black, thickish and nice buckle (IWC inscription even better). I dont want deployment clasps just a buckle. Carbon fibre look? nope!

Any ideas? Ive seen some from our trusted dealers and some on ebay that look ok but Im still unsure as to what will look the goods.

David

http://www.internationalwatchman.com/home.html

NFleischer

DSC00352.jpg

I got this plain leather strap at Strap code- about $50 or so. Moose scrotum was about $65 I think!

mulder

Moose scrotum is always dearer. Thanks for your help

Dendo
Moose scrotum is always dearer. Thanks for your help

Would actually be nice to have a curved strap at the lugs so that there was not much gap between the spring bar between the lugs and the main watch case itself.

JLC have curved straps on some of their watches as do others - IMHO particularly good on watches were the bar holding the strap is far from the watchcase.

I need to get such a strap but not having much success.

mulder

Thanks for the replies. Having a look now.