Sign in to follow this  
tyrantblade

whats the verdict on BK's offerings vs other rolex reps from our other TD's?

tyrantblade

i know a lot of people go for BK's offerings and was wondering how other rolex reps stack against them, so i know which direction to go when i go back to buying reps (which probably wont be for a while (a few months to half a year or so)

houndoggie

i don't buy into it.

Ollifl

It's all in the eye of the beholder, I think I can get more value somewhere else.

Silverspeed

When BK offered the WM9 range they were great, although expensive but quite different from the other dealers.

Nowadays with WM9 gone, I don't see anything special

RS9

Agree with the sentiments above, some of his previous WM9 offerings were nice but now they're just expensive Noob Subs IMO.

Edited by RS9

SeanusMaximus

Having owned and quite quickly sold one of his ultimate DSSD offerings - I concur with the above. Can't see any difference in that or one of Mary's aside from $100, but hey ho each to their own.

agntkerr

Having only owned his version of the DSSD, WM9 and a blue ceramic I have no complaints and am happy with my purchases regardless of cost.

Member X

I have bought a Smurf Sun from BK and was very happy with it :thumbsup2:

They are more expensive, yes, but I would rather pay a little more for peace of mind and to know the movement is definitely swiss, the datewheel numerals alignment is now fixed, the whole watch has been fully QCd, and that if I have any issues I am pretty much guaranteed a fix with minimal hassle because BK is a true gent.

Being able to reduce the number of times I have to ship through customs is also important, and if I can get everything checked and done at the time of purchase, that makes me happy and calms my nerves! :)

Creechin

I'd check out Roberts offerings......especially the new DSSD he's got

tyrantblade
I'd check out Roberts offerings......especially the new DSSD he's got

i saw them, but as most know i need to save my $ up to deal with my wisdom teeth, reps can come later

NFleischer

DSC00303.jpg

The WM9 were better than the average reps. No question.

I have a Blue smurf from BK- gen ETA, minor mods, etc. Very nice!. But I have a Black Sub C

from Timeshops- clone mov't, not as nice finish to bezel/crystal, etc, about 1/3 the price. Is it worth it??

You be the judge.... hard to tell 2 different cameras. BTW- BK is a very good guy, answers email, talks about many rep watch things when

you get to know him.

0042.jpg

bklm1234

The negatives are so unfair. For example I mod and sell the same noobfactory sub-c with ETA for $380 shipped (within the US) while Trusty sells it for ~$325 shipped. The difference of only $55, you get my custom DWO, my custom crystal gasket, crystal reinstalled with the cyclop lined up to the date window while I replaced the crystal gasket. I also make sure the crystal is pressed in as much as I can while making sure the crystal doesn't get below the insert. I also line up the 12 o'clock dial marker to the engraved coronet on the rehaut and make sure every pearl is shiny which can be dull and scratched straight from the factory, etc., etc.

I do all these for aesthetics and functional reasons. You guys don't know how many crystals will pop with just a slight push from behind by fingers. I haven't put in my offering, I also pop every insert and re-attach it because most inserts come overly recessed in the bezel bay. It's either the bezel bay is cut too deep or the insert gets too thin. It's just an awful, improper look. I have to use 2 layers of double-sided tape to raise the insert to a proper recess in the bezel bay. But with raising the insert, the crystal top surface can get below the insert. That's one of the reasons I custom made my crystal gaskets. I made 3 kinds, UPE, HYTREL, and ZYTEL. They are much better and easier to work with. They don't hair out when squeezed like the stock gasket. Most importantly, I don't have to press the crystal as deep into the rehaut to get water resistance which allows me get the crystal top surface to be above the insert.

I don't just source a watch and turn around to sell it. I put a lot of work into each watch. Is it not fair for me to charge extra which is not that much given what I do? I always package a lot of value into my watches. I don't need everybody to buy from me. Some people just don't need or care about my value adds. But I really fix up each watch and push it up to another level while not charging too much extra.

bk

bklm1234

I want to add: I work on every watch I sell personally. I don't offer a lot of models and I don't sell a lot of watches as you can imagine. I don't make issues up to scare people and get them to buy from me. I just can't stand the flaws. I have to fix them, well within my ability and reasonable cost. Every rep is a lot of work to get right or better. This includes even the wm9 and TW sub. I can guarantee if you were to put in the same work/mods, you will end up paying a lot more than what I charge for my watches.

bk

Dssd

I got the dssd from bk and it's amazing in every way, if you buy another one you will only wish you had one with all the extras on, for me it's all about getting as close as poss to the real deal

:), and it's modded by kenny

Im saving for a black sub c off him next :facepalm:

scope
The negatives are so unfair. For example I mod and sell the same noobfactory sub-c with ETA for $380 shipped (within the US) while Trusty sells it for ~$325 shipped. The difference of only $55, you get my custom DWO, my custom crystal gasket, crystal reinstalled with the cyclop lined up to the date window while I replaced the crystal gasket. I also make sure the crystal is pressed in as much as I can while making sure the crystal doesn't get below the insert. I also line up the 12 o'clock dial marker to the engraved coronet on the rehaut and make sure every pearl is shiny which can be dull and scratched straight from the factory, etc., etc.

I do all these for aesthetics and functional reasons. You guys don't know how many crystals will pop with just a slight push from behind by fingers. I haven't put in my offering, I also pop every insert and re-attach it because most inserts come overly recessed in the bezel bay. It's either the bezel bay is cut too deep or the insert gets too thin. It's just an awful, improper look. I have to use 2 layers of double-sided tape to raise the insert to a proper recess in the bezel bay. But with raising the insert, the crystal top surface can get below the insert. That's one of the reasons I custom made my crystal gaskets. I made 3 kinds, UPE, HYTREL, and ZYTEL. They are much better and easier to work with. They don't hair out when squeezed like the stock gasket. Most importantly, I don't have to press the crystal as deep into the rehaut to get water resistance which allows me get the crystal top surface to be above the insert.

I don't just source a watch and turn around to sell it. I put a lot of work into each watch. Is it not fair for me to charge extra which is not that much given what I do? I always package a lot of value into my watches. I don't need everybody to buy from me. Some people just don't need or care about my value adds. But I really fix up each watch and push it up to another level while not charging too much extra.

bk

Well said!

tyrantblade

well BK, you got me 8/10ths sold, the other 2/10 are just getting enough money and deciding what rep i wanna go for next.

Buds

Great to read BK and understand these subtle difference (especially for a newbie like me!). I look forward to giving you my business for my first Rolex. But first I gotta scratch a UPO itch!

Keep up the good work, I love the pics on your board.

coolroy
well BK, you got me 8/10ths sold, the other 2/10 are just getting enough money and deciding what rep i wanna go for next.

My watch from BK was as close to perfect as a rep can be, & as such would highly recommend his watches!!

mianos

As I read down this thread, I'm like ho hum, then read bk's response. Wow. I want one now myself :)

SirDomino

His watches are really well done, and from what I understand he has continued to improve upon them. I actually reviewed 2 DSSDs from BK and put it up under his feedback.

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...showtopic=19584

I highly recommend him for his customer service. If you aren't a perfectionist then I suppose you could go with any of the Trusted Dealers, otherwise I think BK is a good choice, especially for those in the United States, as you at least don't have to worry about customs, so that is worth it to me for the extra dollars.

tyrantblade

ive went from not knowing, to not thinking about getting any of bk's offerings, to thinking about getting one or two of bk's offerings. just a matter of money for the most part.

WatchMe007

bk

Thanks for the thoughtful reply. I am sure you can understand the skepticism. This "hobby" is full of charlatans. $50 extra gets a "pre-service" magic wand waved over the watch, etc. LOL.

I have one of your DSSDs and I am more than satisfied with the value.

It reminds me of Spec motors built for club racing. By taking an off the shelf motor in a crate and simply making sure that every detail is as perfectly to factory specification as possible, major gains can be achieved. In some cases nothing is really "changed". It is just "made right".

My BK DSSD is the near the top of my "favorites" list.

MikeMcNair
I want to add: I work on every watch I sell personally. I don't offer a lot of models and I don't sell a lot of watches as you can imagine. I don't make issues up to scare people and get them to buy from me. I just can't stand the flaws. I have to fix them, well within my ability and reasonable cost. Every rep is a lot of work to get right or better. This includes even the wm9 and TW sub. I can guarantee if you were to put in the same work/mods, you will end up paying a lot more than what I charge for my watches.

bk

I want to add to this:

You are absolutely in the right here BUT, there are still things that can be done to get closer to gen. I respect your work THOROUGHLY!!! Yet, with a Trevor bezel, and my new pearl, THAT makes a perfect DSSD IMO.

Keep up the good work sir, your enthusiasm is as mine, and I love it.

One question tho: why did you not reply to my PM?

Cheers.

Member X

He is a busy man! :semencannabispaste: lol

Greenhat

bk

One question tho: why did you not reply to my PM?

Cheers.

Have you changed your underpants? or maybe like royalty he just don't have enough time in the day to read PMS