Sign in to follow this  
seoulbrova

Comparison of BK DSSD and MARY DSSD

MikeMcNair

please see my comments in BOLD

OK, let's see...

1. Bezel insert. I highly doubt it, because on all ultimates, that I've seen - the same insert, and it's the good one. We're not talking about "noob" watches here. trevors is the best, but correct

2. DW overlay - agreed. i personally dont care about this, but some folks like it, so agreed

3. Genuine ETA - Mary guarantee the same, and Robert's A2836-2 is great mov't too. roberts 249 is as close as it gets, and having held and worked on all, and owned a 2 of the 3, the 249 one still is the best buy period.

4. Nobody ever complained about crystal on any ultimates. cause they are alllllllllll virtually perfect!!!

5. Same about rehault coronet - on ultimates it's aligned perfectly. bingo

But - need to have all 3 watches - BK's, Robert's, and Mary's DSSDs, then, and only then the professional watchsmith can tell all the differences.

the review i have been preparing is with mary's and roberts, side by side, with pix and vids, and frankly, i cant tell the difference externally, and even internally, they are virtually identical

Gazillionaire

Is the Trevor bezel and your pearl easy to get? I have Roberts ultimate, Need to get it superlumed at some point so could get these mods done at the same time.

MikeMcNair

i have 2 in stock, one MAY be spoken for already, the other is sold, so i have another order going in for the bezels. my pearl, i MAKE, so that can be on anything, but its best on Trevors as for "gens" sake bro.

Gazillionaire

Ok Mike, well I'm in the UK so after Christmas I will sort out with Kenny if he can do the Mods as I'll be sending it to him for superluming anyway so I take it the bits arent like rocking horse shit then and when the time comes i'll be able to source the bezel and pearl in a reasonable amount of time, like i say going to wait until after Christmas, then arrange it.

MikeMcNair

Kenny is awesome!!!!!! His pearl is a little different than mine though ;)

(refer to earlier posts in this thread). :)

KeNnY

Kenny is awesome!!!!!! His pearl is a little different than mine though ;)

(refer to earlier posts in this thread). :)

Thanks Mike and Russ :)

Mike we need to talk about some cooperation :lol:

Amit

I don't know what mike's pearl is like, well i have seen it in pics.

But Kenny did the pearl on my sub and frankly it looks and glows amazingly.

As for my 2p's worth.

I'd go for Roberts DSSD with asian clone, throw on a trever insert, and have it lumed.

With this combo you cannot go wrong. Very hard to tell IMO on the the datewheel issue on the DSSD.

WatchMe007

One point worth mentioning: A dead-on-arrival, or otherwise problem watch is easier to deal with when you are dealing with someone in your own country. Shipping charges and time spent waiting while a watch goes back and forth between CONUS and China sometimes tip the balance in favor of doing business with someone "local".

MikeMcNair

kenny, i would love to share my secret, but i will never!!!!! :P yours is awesome anyway bro!!!

5up3rman, you are absolutley thinking what i am!!!

One point worth mentioning: A dead-on-arrival, or otherwise problem watch is easier to deal with when you are dealing with someone in your own country. Shipping charges and time spent waiting while a watch goes back and forth between CONUS and China sometimes tip the balance in favor of doing business with someone "local".

thus the reason i recommend buying roberts watch through me to most. this allows me to make sure the watch is perfect, and ensures the customer is happy with the purchae from Robert. we work together when possible.

Luthier

please see my comments in BOLD

OK, let's see...

1. Bezel insert. I highly doubt it, because on all ultimates, that I've seen - the same insert, and it's the good one. We're not talking about "noob" watches here. trevors is the best, but correct

2. DW overlay - agreed. i personally dont care about this, but some folks like it, so agreed

3. Genuine ETA - Mary guarantee the same, and Robert's A2836-2 is great mov't too. roberts 249 is as close as it gets, and having held and worked on all, and owned a 2 of the 3, the 249 one still is the best buy period.

4. Nobody ever complained about crystal on any ultimates. cause they are alllllllllll virtually perfect!!!

5. Same about rehault coronet - on ultimates it's aligned perfectly. bingo

But - need to have all 3 watches - BK's, Robert's, and Mary's DSSDs, then, and only then the professional watchsmith can tell all the differences.

the review i have been preparing is with mary's and roberts, side by side, with pix and vids, and frankly, i cant tell the difference externally, and even internally, they are virtually identical

Rule #1... you know the drill...

;)

Gazillionaire
kenny, i would love to share my secret, but i will never!!!!! yours is awesome anyway bro!!!

5up3rman, you are absolutley thinking what i am!!!

thus the reason i recommend buying roberts watch through me to most. this allows me to make sure the watch is perfect, and ensures the customer is happy with the purchae from Robert. we work together when possible.

Share the love with Kenny Mike! For the good of your fellow man! :grin:

rober100

BTW, how much is Mary charging for a Swiss Eta DSSD? I have a mod in mind :)

g.man

Mike is clearly filling his pearls with some sort of special "pearl jam."

eek!

g.man

Gazillionaire
Mike is clearly filling his pearls with some sort of special "pearl jam."

eek!

g.man

:Sick:

RichardMiami

Mike - I PM'd you before I noticed that you wanted replies here instead. I am interested in a DSSD from you, with the mods you are talking about and a waterproofing if needed. Please PM me with payment details and how much time you need.

Thanks!