KeNnY

[TUTORIAL] ULTIMATE Modding Omega Speedmaster Professional Moon watch

KeNnY

Hey all,

so what we have here now ? Ahhh, yes my Omega Speedmaster Professional :) This watch is pure classic ! I like it very much. But only thinks that I wanted to change was the crystal, what is not that high doomed like gen (even that it is really nice sapphire glass) and the bezel was smacked insert from 2 sides from factory. Thanks to GENEROSITY of HOUNDDOGGIE - BIG THANKS MATE ! He sent me a GEN Hesilate Plexi for this watch. I have also got spare Gen bezel insert for great price from Ebay.

So what ULTIMATE mods we have done here ?

• Replace the crystal for GEN Plexi Hesilate
  • Replace the bezel insert for GEN bezel insert
  • Freeze the 6 o'clock marker to be still on 12 o'clock, to look more gen
  • Regulate the movement within COSC
  • Superlume the hands and dial

So after small intro we can begin the tutorial :) I tried to take photos of almost each step, but sometimes I forgot to take the photo. Sorry for that.

So here is our watch with the Gen plexi. I forgot to take picture of gen bezel insert in original packaging as it came few days later..

dsc0213tx.jpg

Watch before

dsc0214qe.jpg

dsc0215qh.jpg

On this watch I have first time used the lever style of hands removers, and I must say, they are great !! Great buy !

dsc0218wz.jpg

Store all components for later use.

dsc0219sp.jpg

Lets do the hardest part first, and that is to freeze the 6 o'clock marker. As there is non tutorial for this step, I had to find this out my self. But thank god, this movement is really simple, so I figured it out asap :)

dsc0220on.jpg

SO take some good holder that will hold your movement stable, as we will have to take out number of screws

dsc0221zr.jpg

The wheel for keyless is loose in this movement, so better stick it to rodico, not to loose it.

dsc0223b.jpg

After fre screws we have took of the protection plate for the main gears. And look ! THAT IS SUPER EASY ! You see those 3 gears ? The biggest is the one we need to take off. And job finished :lol:

dsc0224dp.jpg

So here is how it looks like without the big gear. Now just apply small drop of GS hypo cement on the smaller gear that is on 6 o'clock, so it will not move around it self. And we have successfully frozen the 6 o'clock marker (12 hour marker).

dsc0225c.jpg

Assemble it all back together.

dsc0227ya.jpg

dsc0236gf.jpg

Now we can also regulate the movement. I had in first the movement regulated to around -15 seconds per day (what was noticable), on first try I have regulated it to -7 seconds, and then to around +2/3 Seconds per day (no photo for this I don't know why). I like more to be somewhere in time not late :lol:

Job with movement finished :) Now lets check the crystal. I recommend to remove the bezel insert before inserting the plexi inside. As the bezel insert is on the rep shorter in diameter as the gen is. Sorry no photo for this :D

dsc0228rs.jpg

Lets also superlume the dial. The best results are gained with stylograph, as you can have nice lines. As I only still have oilers, my hand must been really steady not to damage the movement.

dsc0229en.jpg

Put all hands together, back to place and assemble all watch.

Here you can see I have also applied the new bezel insert, and I already took of the protective foil from it. The GEN bezel insert is much better quality then the rep one (on the right)

dsc0068zr.jpg

Just be sure, that the bezel insert is in line with the bezel of the watch, We don't want any gap there, so fixate it with GS hypo cement as well.

dsc0069st.jpg

dsc0070s.jpg

Lets finish the whole watch. Don't forget to blow all dust before putting the movement back in to the case, because when you are on plexi, the dust is almost attracted by the watch lol :lol: Also before screwing back the backcase, remove all fingerprints with some soaked alcohol cloths what are for glasses. I use them frequently and they are amazing for this kind of jobs. Everything is nice an glossy :) we can seal the watch.

dsc0235bu.jpg

And here are FINISHED PICTURES :) I love my new Franken ? :lol: I know that this watch, can not be more gen like, as the movement on GEN watch has got subdials more to center, but the hell with it, it is awesome watch :)

dsc0071bc.jpg

dsc0073ov.jpg

dsc0074vb.jpg

dsc0075mow.jpg

dsc0076ev.jpg

dsc0077pl.jpg

dsc0078lg.jpg

dsc0079cg.jpg

Here on next picture you can see the engraved Omega sign in the middle of crystal :)

dsc0081dq.jpg

dsc0084cf.jpg

dsc0085op.jpg

dsc0087ps.jpg

Thank you for watching, and I hope you enjoyed it, how I do :)

Thanks for letting me share.

Nisv

Nice, real nice :thumbsup:

KeNnY

Thank you Nisv :) Plexi is killer on this watch :)

Jannis76

Absolutely awesome KeNnY!!!

Excellent work and great pics!!

Congrats mate.....a true master you are!!

Cheers,

Jannis

KeNnY

Thank you Jannis :)) thank you really for your kind words, really happy you like it ! :)

BTW info for all: SOON THERE WILL BE ANOTHER ULTIMATE MODDING FOR PORSCHE DESIGN DIVER :lol:

Crusader

Mate, you are a wizard, full respect to you :D The things you do with watches, I can only imagine...

Nice tutorial, I don't own Speedmaster, but I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. :)

KeNnY

Thank you Crusader :lol: I like to play with ym watches, to make them more AWESOME :D

And you should get the Moon watch asap ! It is simply must have in every collection :) simply classic watch

Buds

Amazing work as always Kenny. Thanks for sharing :)

I can't wait till you get my watch in the new year!

KeNnY

Thank you Buds ! :) Glad you like it, and awaiting your watch mate :D

trailboss99

Nice one Kenny and :thumbsup: to HD for his generosity!

Just find a solid back for it now Kenny. I have NFI why the use that wrong see thru one for this watch.

jeffw69

Damn Kenny, you are a master!

I hope to some day do something like that.

Thanks for sharing.

powderfreak

Good job! Makes me miss the Speedy I sold, but then again I must admit that mine was not comparable to that stunning piece! Congrats mate ;)

watch.aholic

You know what mate, I could actually have bought that watch thinking that's a gen....I mean it looks so good, who cares about the sub dial spacing.....The wider sub spacing was from one of the earlier versions of the speedy :q5: .....that's it......

Excellent work there.

ReplicaFromDownunder

I have the speedy and I must say Kenny your mod's are AWESOME... I Wish I could do that. I wouldn't know were to begin! Your really the Doctor of modding watches.. Love the Superdome and plexi .. so nice!

pollux1

Outstanding work Kenny, awesome mate!

digger2

Looks awesome, great work!

LHOOQ

Fantastic job, Kenny! More than anything else, I find the flat crystal to be the biggest tell on most Speedy reps. Forget about the subdials, you can see the wrong crystal from ten feet away!

The only thing better than your modded Speedy is a gen. Just beautiful!

seclark007

You get better with every job you take on, KeNnY! Keep it up, dude! :thumbsup:

KeNnY

Damn Kenny, you are a master!

I hope to some day do something like that.

Thanks for sharing.

Thank you Jeff :-) glad you like it :-)

And good luck for your future modding!

Good job! Makes me miss the Speedy I sold, but then again I must admit that mine was not comparable to that stunning piece! Congrats mate ;)

Thank you powder:-) a lot people give me compliments about this watch. You should get one :-)

You know what mate, I could actually have bought that watch thinking that's a gen....I mean it looks so good, who cares about the sub dial spacing.....The wider sub spacing was from one of the earlier versions of the speedy :q5: .....that's it......

Excellent work there.

Thank you watchholik :-) I didn't know that the old speedy had the subdials like that also :-) thanks.

Ps: if you would want to buy gen from me , let me know:-D

I have the speedy and I must say Kenny your mod's are AWESOME... I Wish I could do that. I wouldn't know were to begin! Your really the Doctor of modding watches.. Love the Superdome and plexi .. so nice!

Haha thanks mate :-D and happy you like my mods ;-)

Outstanding work Kenny, awesome mate!

Thank you pollux! :-)

Looks awesome, great work!

Thank you digger :-)

Fantastic job, Kenny! More than anything else, I find the flat crystal to be the biggest tell on most Speereps. Forget about the subdials, you can see the wrong crystal from ten feet away!

The only thing better than your modded Speedy is a gen. Just beautiful!haha

haha thanks mate :-)

that was what I was thinking :-D now really with this Plexiglas it looks awesome. I have good feeling from the nodding.

You get better with every job you take on, KeNnY! Keep it up, dude! :thumbsup:

Thank you seclark :-) I am still learning new things each modding

KeNnY
Nice one Kenny and :thumbsup: to HD for his generosity!

Just find a solid back for it now Kenny. I have NFI why the use that wrong see thru one for this watch.

Thank you mate :-D I wanted to get the omega bridge or some decal for the bridge. So far a lot of people were amazed by the movementmovement when they saw the back of the watch. But if I could get hold of the original back case. :-) thank you again.

jeanmimi

Very nice job mate

KeNnY

Thanks mate :-)

SirDomino

Great watch!

Pm SENT!!! ;)

KeNnY

THanks mate :D you PMed dealer ? :)

Del

As I said elsewhere.... :Whistle:.........great work mate! :notworthy::clap: