Sign in to follow this  
Jackal0718

Customs Issues

Jackal0718

When do u conclude that customs did not let your package get to you?

How long does it take for customs approval?

If customs took your package, is there any chance that you still get your moneyback fom seller?

Luthier

1. You will get the letter from Customs.

2. Sometimes a day, sometimes a weeks.

3. Depend on dealer's policy.

terma-nator

I had some watches "held" by customs for "authenticity reasons". They never sent a letter to me. The "trusted" dealer refused to return the money or reship others, so I had to do a charge-back on my CC.

Eventually, the dealer got the package returned to him, but I don't know if customs here first destroyed the watches!

Edited by terma-nator

sam77
I had some watches "held" by customs for "authenticity reasons". They never sent a letter to me. The "trusted" dealer refused to return the money or reship others, so I had to do a charge-back on my CC.

Eventually, the dealer got the package returned to him, but I don't know if customs here first destroyed the watches!

Did that happen in brasil?

Wiz

As Luthier said, you may receive a letter. If you don't, after 2 months ask the seller to start an investigation with the parcel company, and under another 2 months you should have the answer.

How long does it take for customs approval?

It depends on the country, the office, their backlog at the time, ... Can be anywhere from a few hours to sevreral months (under exceptional circumstances).

If customs took your package, is there any chance that you still get your moneyback fom seller?

Some dealer accept to re-ship in case of customs seizure, but you have to check your dealer's policy.

jdoe

When you notice the nice watch on his wrist.

terma-nator

Yup

jdoe
Yup

Brasilian customs suck bigtime!

Worst place I have been in that respect.