Sign in to follow this  
tommylad

Which Breitling?

tommylad

Now that my Pam and Rolex appetite has been sated, I have my eye on purchasing my first Breitling. Some like the super Avenger and some of the 44-45mm models. How do they wear compared to 44mm Pams?

The two that have caught my eye are the Chronomat Evolution and the Transocean Chronograph. The Evolution is attractive as it is a 42mmish model and looks good. But how good is the available version (4?). Is the v3 still available?

I know the Transocean isn't a perfect rep. The datewheel is recessed . My questions are: The dealera liat the case as 45mm, while it should be 43mm. Do they measure differently, or is the case the wrong size? Also, is there another version on the horizon that fixes the problems?

I prefer the Transocean as a watch. I just wonder how the style if watch will look at 45mm on my 6.75 wrist and whether it is a poor rep. If it's too big and a poor rep then a good and reasonably priced Chrono evo would be a good substitute.

Thanks,

Tommy

Corv99

I like cronomats as they are the classic breitling in my eye but maybe a little small for my taste now, but still hanker after the gold numbers version as this was the first one Iever remember noticing some years ago!... but I too have to say I'm having a breit frenzy at the moment...

Got a grey dial Skyland which is awesome!

Got a blue face SA which is superb... so much so, yesterday have bought a Blacksteel version on a black crocodile strap, I would goas to say the white face version of this watch might be on the cards in the future.

size wise the Skyland looks similar in size to 44mm pam, maybe slightly smaller ( just) but is way chunkier, and has more presence.

the SA are big, but thats the appeal!

check my link below for pics...

Edited by corv99

rumliman

SA are time proof

good choice

jeffw69

The only Breitling that appeals to me is the SOSF, white dial on a leather strap.

Maybe I will eventually be swayed.

seriph

I love my B4B Flying B Chrono No. 1

B4BFB1-3.jpg

B4BFB1-4.jpg

tommylad

I went into an AD today and I think some of the 45mm woukd look okay. Can anyone confirm if the A7750 Transocean Chrono is 2mm too big?

Watchnuts

The Skyland Avenger V3 is my favorite followed very closely by the new Steelfish V2. Those two should be in every Breitling collection.

Sent from my microWave

grb

I love my B4B Flying B Chrono No. 1

That's my favourite

But I suspect not rep though is it?

Steve227

Super Avenger is a great choice if you like larger watches. Don't see many Flying B's but they are $$$

Had a navitimer with recessed date wheel, didn't bother me at the start but it starts to bug after awhile, imo.

tommylad

Anyone have any info or insight into the accuracy of the Transocean or whether we're likely to see a better version later in the year.

HWG

transocean has a sunken datewheel. nice looking watch, but the DW is a dead giveaway.

admiralsas

Transocean chronograph. been on my list since the non quartz came out, two or so months ago.

tommylad

Very frustrating. Would that be rectifiable for future versions? I don't know why they have made it 2mm bigger than gen as well.

HWG

i had the white dial transocean chrono from Toro. it was nice, but ultimately not for me. i sold it privately to a friend. looking back on it, i would not have gotten the chrono.... perhaps the non chrono version would not have the sunken DW issue, since it would be a different movement from the 7750?

powderfreak

Super Avenger v3 with batons dial - imo the best choice atm.

That pic was posted by rav in my what-to-buy-thread, take a look:

4511925601_41c4227d7e_o.jpg

Looks damn good, doesn't it?!

tommylad

Is the Avenger about 44.5mm without the pushers?

powderfreak

Is the Avenger about 44.5mm without the pushers?

Should be around that size, yes. The Super Avenger is the big one, Skyland the small.

kid8

Skyland for comparison:

DSC00521_Snapseed.jpg

DSC00517.jpg

HWG

Here is a pic of the white dial TO Chrono for reference...

b53849c8.jpg

vonGluberschmidt

for accuracy out of the 'box' the SuperOcean Abyss Auto's are nearly bang on.

There was a review posted here a while ago from an Authorized Dealer that compared this rep to the gen and it was shocking.

(you may have to click on this twice)

http://www.1-pc8838.com/superocean-abyss-automatic-c-84_165_612.html

For me, I went with Super Avenger.

yes, it's BIG. but I don't find it 'goddy'. on a bracelet, it's blingy... easily dressed down with an Ocean Racer Rubber Strap.

superavenger2.jpg

bam.

Edited by vonGluberschmidt

markeym3

The SA black face with baton markers as pictured earlier is a bang on rep , I had this and the gen , very hard to tell apart ,, it looks ace on a black leather or as mentioned rubber ,,

Cyril_Clunge
The SA black face with baton markers as pictured earlier is a bang on rep , I had this and the gen , very hard to tell apart ,, it looks ace on a black leather or as mentioned rubber ,,

I've been trying to find a black, baton dial SA for the last 3 weeks without success.

markeym3

these are the two ,,

The rep;

DSC00055.jpg

the genclensa3-1.jpg

gensa2.jpg

My apollogies for the poor pics , the only thing i can see is the printing next to the date window , seems to be in a slightly different place ..

I bought mine from Josh at perfect clones last year , seemed the only place to go , I'm sure Mary/Rochest can source one now ..

cheers

BTW it is the same strap on both watches ,,,it came with the rep ,,

Cyril_Clunge

Nope, Mary can't get it, neither can Toro, MR or Puretime.