Sign in to follow this  
OlympusDaytona

Hey RWG!

OlympusDaytona

I joined a few weeks ago after buying myself a 21J PVD Daytona from chinesepensupplier (not a TD nor would I recommend them for watches but their pen prices are ok) I have to say, I think I'm here to stay!

The reason why I bought that Daytona was because I bought my girlfriend a Michael Kors watch and wanted a watch for myself. For as long as I could remember I've always liked the style of the Rolex Daytona and the first gen I ever picked out myself was a black and SS Casio Edifice Chronograph (that looks strikingly similar to the older Tag Carerras). Unfortunately my Daytona has stopped ticking since I accidentally caught the hairspring on my jeweler's screw driver as I was attempting to regulate the movement. Chinesepensupplier offered to repair it for free under the grounds that it was defective but since I knew it was my fault I asked how much a new movement/dial/hands would cost, and $35 was too much for me to spend considering the watch was $80 and didn't have a functional chronograph.

Now the reason why I'm staying. If this watch was $80 (and probably overpriced for what it is), and my first rep ever was $5 USD, the more expensive reps are bound to ooze quality.

I've been eyeing the JLC Master Tourbillon, Master Geographic, and 2 vintage styled Tropical 6265 Daytonas to go on a brown leather strap to have matching watches with my girl! Now, the pure fact that I'm eyeing four watches already scares me but considering these purchases are more "useful" than two more airsoft guns, I figure its a good investment haha

Anyways, if some of you were wondering what my first rep looks like...

4ievkw.jpg

I was in Beijing for the 2008 Olympics since my school's marching band was invited to be part of the "Olympic Orchestra." Honestly I thought the whole shenanigan was a sham, but I got to go sightseeing with good company and got confronted by street peddlers in trench coats bearing museum-quality rep watches if you know what I mean :giggle:

Quartz Dateless-Datejust in a strange case with an unrotatable bezel, faux subdials with hands that are glued down, integrated bracelet, and a press down caseback... at least it had an o-ring!... wherever it is....

Edited by OlympusDaytona

tesmith2112

That's a lovely DateJust, however I'm still looking for the date..... Wow! I'm speechless.

Balad1

Welcome, glad to have you join the RWG family.

myaz

Welcome. Got a feeling you'll like the step up to the reps here.

UmpaHimself

You know it's funny. Right before I joined I was dying to find a gold Daytona style chrono in a 42mm. I was looking at the invicta speedway line but the bigger models had the black tach bezel and I was looking for the polished bezel. So finally I gave in and went to Macy's to check out the Michael Kors. They were decent looking quartz watches maybe for $70-$150 but no fucking way I'm paying $250 for this POSs.

Anyways I have a super nice Tag Carrera cal16 on the way so I think that will suppress my desire for a bigger Daytona for now ;)

Oh... And welcome!

OlympusDaytona

I still want a vintage style gold Daytona with gold dial but.....

I completley agree with you on the Michael Kors watches. When she showed me the one she wanted, I was like.... they're selling THAT for $250? *sigh*

Lucky for me I have a small wrist!... only downside, most watches are bigger than my max size :(

conx

Welcome mate. Not the most accurate daytona rep ever ( :) ) but if it has got you here to rep heaven then it is a good thing!

seclark007

You may want to keep Mazz from seeing that gaytona, lest it end up in the museum of shame!

Welcome to this little island of misfit toys....should find exactly what you're looking for

J.Eric

Welcome!

Del

Hello and welcome! :thumbsup2:

dingle

Welcome to the nuthouse :)

DeLaForce

Welcome :)

sam1965uk

Hello & welcome to the mad house hope you have loads a money cos your going to need it

only been here a few months & have 7 watches up to now don't tell the wife

Have A Gr8t Day

Sam