Sign in to follow this  
Balad1

SEIKO PREMIER (NEW GEN)

Balad1

Interesting technology, thoughts?

ImageProxy-1.jpg

PREMIER. Since 1881, SEIKO has been dedicated to expanding the horizons of watchmaking and SEIKO Kinetic takes this tradition forward once again.

Powered by the motion of your body, it is the first watch to generate and save its own electricity.

Today, the revolution continues with the new Kinetic Perpetual. It goes to sleep when you do not wear it, and the hands return automatically to the correct time when you put it on again. Energy is saved.

Power reserve is extended for up to 4 years. And since it has a perpetual calendar, correct until February 28, 2100, the secret of longevity is now yours. seikousa.com

dingle

not bad...the crown gaurds are hideous tho

dalboy

Techno wise. spot on. looks..way to busy.

Dal..

conx

I like the idea, and if that dial at 4 o'clock is a GMT dial then I would certainly consider it. Not the prettiest thing in the world, but I expect other designs with the same movement will appear.

Luthier

No.

Balad1

I agree and don't like this paticular watch but the Kinetic Perpetual concept is interesting.

I bought my son a Seiko kinetic dive watch with yellow face (below) 4 years ago and he won't take it off (he dives).

I've bought him a BK Sub and a Omega Proprof with swiss movement and neither get wrist time.

He says the seiko is accurate like a fucking atomic clock.

71gEP5KbjL__SL1067_.jpg

Amit

Not the best looking Seiko but gotta appreciate the technology.

jeffw69

No way.

Mazz

Kinetic an Seiko fuck yeah!!!!!! But not that model in the beginning

The King

That yellow BFK is great, had a few of those. :)

The OP watch though... meh. Don't like it one bit and to be honest, I'm not that keen on the tech side/ I think it's a step too far and takes away the "Art" of a watch.

Part of the Art (for me, at least) is the setting, winding and interaction with a watch. You don't get that with fancy-pants here...

emporio_1

looks cool. always had interest for seiko. my first cool watch was and still is a seiko. when i take it off it does go back to the exact same time. gotta love seiko

OlympusDaytona

Woah. That tech. The way it looks though....

Rose gold case, black strap, then remove the roman numerals and crown guards

jacobarch

Sorry Seiko there's only one Cartier

cartier_calibre_st_blk_lg.jpg

Try again Seiko.

jdthompson131216

This is a nice one aee48226-97d2-9f70.jpg

gB.

Interesting technology, but agree needs some design work.

honeybear

The thing which always bothered me about the Seiko Kinetic was the need to wear it rather regularly to keep up the power reserve, since a regular watch winder doesn't charge it. The problem was that the Li-ion capacitor would get damaged if allowed to fully discharge. Since I only had one at the time, it didn't make sense for me to get a Kinetic charger, but apparently, other induction chargers might work:

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f21/induction-chargers-work-seiko-kinetic-482363.html

So, this new Kinetic perpetual technology seems to address the main failing of the Kinetic movement for me. The look of the particular watch doesn't do it for me though. I wish the 24 hour/GMT indicator was bigger, possibly at the 6 o'clock position, and the month was indicated with a small window, and the leap year indicated in a less prominent manner (since it's only really relevant when setting the watch).

gran

Sorry Seiko there's only one Cartier

cartier_calibre_st_blk_lg.jpg

Try again Seiko.

That CARTIER is so beautiful...but why do they put that silly blue crystal on the crown it is so very wrong