Krispee

Krispee`s Collection

Kleen™

Krispee

I really need to pay more attention to the Breguet brand. I know they have a great history, yet I do not own a single one of 'em.

Quite the mistake it seems...

Cheers, it is a nice watch, although more of a homage really than a real attempt at the genuine article. On the real the dial rotates with the hour hand while the rep rotates with the minute hand. The dial is similar and looks lovely on the rep, real workmanship. And obviously no tourbillon. I also love my Chrono which has a lovely dial, although sadly not in production anymore.

@ Davesjourney - Thanks.

Edited by Krispee

VMSG
On 6/18/2017 at 14:50, Kleen™ said:

WOW!

This is one amazing watch!

VMSG

BTW, can you please take a video or a timelapse of your Breguet Orbital?

Krispee
On 4/13/2018 at 14:19, VMSG said:

BTW, can you please take a video or a timelapse of your Breguet Orbital?

Right. Firstly; sorry for the late reply, I've been away for a while. Secondly; I have already filmed a time lapse and did post it on RWI. Unfortunately none of my posts or threads have survived over there and I can't find it anymore. I'm hoping I have it backed up somewhere on my PC. I will go look.

VMSG
32 minutes ago, Krispee said:

Right. Firstly; sorry for the late reply, I've been away for a while. Secondly; I have already filmed a time lapse and did post it on RWI. Unfortunately none of my posts or threads have survived over there and I can't find it anymore. I'm hoping I have it backed up somewhere on my PC. I will go look.

Thank you

Krispee

And some shots of my Ulysse Nardin El Toro.

ElToro_1.jpg

ElToro_3.jpg

ElToro_4.jpg

ElToro_5.jpg

And lastly the ubiquitous wrist shot.

ElToro_wrist.jpg

As you can see the Toro has an odd strap and lug arrangement that swings the strap out of your wrist a little bit. I'm a small wrist person so if you were a larger wrist person then it might fit snugly. I'm currently making a new strap using wood to fit snugly into the lug slots, which are even more odd than you can see. Needless to say it will take all my engineering expertise to fit it properly. I'm going to make a wooden buckle as well to suit the lug slots and then haven't decided whether to make my own strap or buy a custom one to fit. I'm leaning towards making my own, perhaps a blue Stingray.

These days I'm much more interested in watches with complications. Perhaps not the Chrono complication (as I already have a few watches with Chrono's) but there are some interesting reps out there now that fit the bill. The Breguet Tradition looks really nice, although only the Rose Gold one is now available. Also like the Jaeger Lecoultre Master Geographic and the Blancpain Villeret Complications, both look great. I've also always wanted a RM011, perhaps the Romain Grosjean, as I've always liked the different look of them but have been put off by the size and the weight of them. Although from what I've seen some of the reps are pretty light because of the material they build them from. I love the small watchmakers and De Bethune has always been a favourite. They did use to have one in the shape of a rocket, which would be interesting.

Anyway, it keeps you looking that's for sure.

Edited by Krispee

RussP

Thanks for resurrecting this thread as I hadn't read it before.

Your photography has certainly improved since your recent return, judging from the photos of the El Toro :Applause:

Krispee
8 minutes ago, RussP said:

Thanks for resurrecting this thread as I hadn't read it before.

Your photography has certainly improved since your recent return, judging from the photos of the El Toro :Applause:

Thank you kind sir, as long as I keep improving, that's the main thing. The ET did turn out well.

RussP

I've got a few skeletons too.............and not just in my closet.

Have a look at a thread that I started earlier this year, titled 'My Collection in no particular order'.

VMSG
9 hours ago, Krispee said:

Found it. It's a bit crappy and small, but it gives you an idea.

http://fluidimage.co.uk/images/watches/BreguetOrbital_Faster.flv

It is no longer uploaded on Youtube (not sure why I ever did but there you go) so couldn't embed it.

Thank you! this is really nice. not accurate to the gen, but still very nice

Krispee
11 hours ago, RussP said:

Have a look at a thread that I started earlier this year, titled 'My Collection in no particular order'.

LOL, nice one, I'll go and have a look.

2 hours ago, VMSG said:

Thank you! this is really nice. not accurate to the gen, but still very nice

You are welcome. It is a very nice watch to look at but you do have to be careful with the winding. I broke the stem already while winding and had to get it repaired. It has some resistance to it that you don't find in normal reps. I do believe there is a larger gear in there to help drive the dial, perhaps they needed a spring with more tension to drive that. Hence the stiffer winding. Anyway, apart from that it's a great watch and I've had it now for years.

Krispee
11 hours ago, RussP said:

Dude, give me a link will you please, I've been looking but there are so many watch collections here :Hypnotized:

Krispee

My latest watch, the Breguet Tradition.

Tradition_2.jpg

Tradition_3.jpg

Tradition_4.jpg

It has been upgraded with a new strap, designed and built by my own hand. Have been learning to build straps and this is my very first one. Dark blue Ostrich over Lambswool leather, with another layer of Lambswool in between. A three-ply strap with only the small amount of stitching you can see.  The Lambswool gives it a soft feel on your wrist. The Ostrich leather wasn't the best quality and still learning my techniques, but I'm pleased enough with it. I will be building a better one for this watch soon.
Love this watch, close to the original and very good quality.

Thanks for looking.
Kris.

Edited by Krispee