mr-z

Full forged carbon case GP(IN COMING)

scorpion
1.love it.gif I love it - simply amazing

baruch

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

yhat is just mind blowing :fuck:

Corv99

Holy Shit! I have missed this thread until now.. thats an amazing bit of work mate

Well Done

MW1

I once met a guy who always would start a project, but never finish it......You are a testament to what a TRUE craftsman should be :D

stolikat

Amazing!

mr-z

Looks like the dial is taking longer the expected .. so I thought id mod the tachy ring to the correct bronze colour instead of the incorrect gold which is on the standard rep!!

As you can see now .. it should be bronze tone not gold

DSCF1275.jpg

without the crystal

DSCF1277.jpg

with the crystal installed ..

DSCF1279.jpg

Amit

Man this is gonna look awesome when done. a true and unique franken piece.

mr-z

@super thanks mate ... slowly getting there !!

few wrist shots ...

DSCF1280.jpg

DSCF1284.jpg

kolchak

when finished with prototype you could build more & become a TD.....j/k

that would be the most expensive rep ever

Brains_eye

From where I can get forged Arvin case and pusher ? And r u interested to sell your watch ??

Brains_eye

Sorry, I ment forged carbon ??? I wanna have one as will so can you guide me to get one ?

mr-z

I know its been a long time since any updates regarding the sub dial ... i can say its been a up hill battle and it's still not showing any light at the end of the tunnel ... but thankfully moved a few steps in the right direction ... here is final art with a few colour option ... please feel free to leave any comments regards the colour ... as they still can be re-adjusted ,,

also this is just the jpeg file not the prof which is in HD and work has been extended .. so the cutter guide have been removed in this file !!the matter of the red waffle part of the dial i will be tackling that my self ... as the company that was going to do it is taking for ever !!! also please not the colour are off in jpeg file here as they have been generated in pantone colours !!

Untitled-2new-1.jpg

mr-z

Another Quick update ... been trying out .. some custom colours on the dial ... its my best effort after being in the custom paint shop for over 2 hours .. and this is the closest i could get it... just from the pics ... but but will opt for another technical process to archive the correct finish on the lower red part of the dial ... but in the mean while here are some pics of what the state of play is so far ..

feel free to leave and feed back !!

DSCF1404.jpg

DSCF1420.jpg

DSCF1495.jpg

DSCF1448.jpg

DSCF1441.jpg

DSCF1467.jpg

sub dial should be ready next week !!

Edited by mr-z

mr-z

Right finally ... managed to get the correct finish in the lower red part of the dial (with the native print effect ) just the sub dial's left to finish this .. labour of life piece off .... the ap writing is just for the mock up final will be crisp and clear .... and in correct fount !! as always please feel free to leave any feed back .... finally light and the end of the tunnel shines !!!!

DSCF1508.jpg

DSCF1513.jpg

DSCF1521.jpg

mr-z

gen for colour compare !!

5799025307_70d59d5726.jpg

vonGluberschmidt

perhaps it's a lighting issue, but the subdial at 6 doesn't appear to be the same colour as the photo it's photographed upon, nor as the gen.

the one you have is dark grey, and the gen is almost white (very light grey)

am I mistaken??

I applaud your effort on this piece

it's fantastic!

mr-z

yes you are correct ... but the sub dail will be finished later on this week .. i was referring only to the red lower part of the dial in this update ... will have the subs done to the correct light grey colour by the end of the week fingers crossed !!

Edited by mr-z

mr-z

also my dial update has moved forward ... but not totally finished here is where i am now ..... as you can see sub's @6/9 are ready just a small adjustment in the centrer part i.e the lighter patch on sub @ 12 and its finished ....

@ gio thank you for the kind words my friend as i said before its only happened because your real carbon case .. so kudos to you Sir !!

DSCF1535.jpg

DSCF1555.jpg

powderfreak

Wow thats crazy, you rep your own unrepped AP? That's dedication! :thumbsup:

Jose Betancur

THIS is why i love this forum... CONGRATS!!! you sir are a truly master :wub:

mr-z

thank you very much guys for the kind words ... but it not over to the fat lady sings ::))

mr-z

Thanks .. guys for the great feed back , at the moment only modding the whole GP !! yet again been testing out new colours on the dial ... i think this will be my final colour , as its as close as i can get .. without having the gen .. and the light plays a major factor when you see photos on the net .. !! here where i am at the moment , as for the sub dials @12 will be printed again so the light spot in the middle will blend in and @ 9 will adjust the yellow colour , so its a brighter yellow ... and then that's final .. . and the tachy colour will be re done as well !!

WP_20121228_011_zpsd82677f6.jpg

audemars_piguet_royal_oak_offshore_grand_prix_carbon_01_zps5bad79b1.jpg

gpcomparenew_zps934d4060.jpg

Edited by mr-z

DarkGlass

Wow what an amazing labour of love

mr-z

thank you .... here another pic showing you how the light changes the hue !( same colour dial )

WP_20121229_072new_zps339da9fe.jpg

mr-z

new updated ti colour plating

WP_20130323_004.jpg

283569e1-338b-46f5-ab4f-9f152fdd9484.jpg