Sign in to follow this  
Chr1st0c

Lume, Tools, etc

Chr1st0c

Hey Guys ...

I have been around the forum for some time now reading all about "Franking" watches and other mods that people seem to do ... Now I have ZERO experience in watch making, but I am very intrigued by it and was looking to start fiddling with some old watches I have ...

For instance ... I have a matte black 50mm Fossil with leather strap ... The pictures does not really do the watch any justice as I get more compliments on that watch than my Gen Tag watches. a Few times I have had people ask me if it is a U-Boat.... Anyways ... The watch has no Lume at all and that is just a crying shame!!!!!

So .... I want to see if I can make applying Lume to this watch my little pet project. Needless to say ... I have no idea where to start !

Is there anyone that can tell me what tools I will need for starters ? Where can I get the lume "stuff" ( I told you I was noob ) and all those kind of stuff?

If you feel that I have gone crazy to attempt this please be honest and say so !!!

Thanx

http://www.amazon.com/Fossil-Stainless-Steel-Leather-Watch/dp/B0066T2GAQ/ref=sr_1_3?s=watches&ie=UTF8&qid=1345557270&sr=1-3&keywords=Fossil+Watch+Men

Amit

check out the RWG shop, i believe recently lume was added to available products.

I'm sure Col will be happy to help with what else you will need.

greg_r

For tools and supplies, don't forget the RWG shop (linked from the header on every page and the sidebar on the forum index)

gt rider

I'm also interested in this. Is there a guide on how to lume a watch properly?

onionbag

I'm also interested in this. Is there a guide on how to lume a watch properly?

There's loads of youtube vids, maybe Kenny can help?