Sign in to follow this  
nunu78

Robert , a gr8 guy and was a great dealer. Miss you my friend.

nunu78

My friend Rest in peace,looking all my reps which comes from one and only the great Robert.Its true that coz of a my financial situation I'm not buying anymore but frankly speaking I can't bring myself up to buy a watch from anyone else then my friend late Robert, I know it's sound strange but I just don't feel comfortable.There was a sense of a comfort with Robert, no QC pics no bull shit but he delivered every time.

I hope nobody mind this post or think its a waste of time or anything else , it's just I miss a great guy, an awesome dealer n above all a great friend who was here every time I need an advice not only about watches but everything else as well.

(PS I miss my own emoticon which used to " where is Robert, I need another fix")

Balad1

I miss our Robert too :-(

James.

I never had the chance to deal with Robert but from what I've seen on here his reputation & legacy live on strongly

DeLaForce

Hear hear... Agreed

mulder

I miss our chats and emails. In fact I miss him heaps. Thats a lot to do with why Im not on here much.

Great bloke, straight to the point and no bullshit. Ya gotta love that.

myaz

Hope your financial situation will improve. Got a couple great reps from Robert as well. He sure had personality.

stolikat

His no BS persona and shoot from the hip style is greatly missed.

djward

no bs,and one great guy to deal with,and delivered lightning fast..boy i miss him

cvp3

I bought 3 off his auctions. I remember he kicked my ass via email on one of the watches because I took more than 24 hours to pay. Agree with the others though, never any QC issues.

Rav747

I loved his replies on his sale threads :lol:

Mazz

I really miss Robert he was one of the reasons I fell in love with this place. You could always find him in the chat box at all hours and could discuss absolutly anything with him.

Id like to hope he considered me a friend I know I considered him one ,and the day he passed away left a hole here that cannever be refilled.

RIP my Friend

fatarms

Robert sounds like my kinda guy. I signed up here and a couple days later the thread announcing his death was posted. From what I've read here, he was a son of a bitch. He was straight and to the point and didnt mess around, he didn't take any crap from anyone and was happy doing so. Good for him, and great for this forum. It seems that everywhere I turn here, I see many, many members with whom he had dealt and despite his lack of empathy with anyone, he was still loved and respected, and now missed. I wish I could have dealt with him.

I never knew ya, but godspeed. RIP Robert. The fact that you are still mentioned here with such affection so long after your passing speaks volumes as to who you were in life.

Member X

I do miss his no-nonsense sytle, and the fact he used to hang out in the shoutbox, usually far later than he should have been up! :D

Whenever I am feeling like I can't do something or haven't got the self-confidence I need (which is most of the time...) I think about Robert and how he never shied from an opportunity or a risk that may pay off. Life is too short and I believe he maximised his time, so I hope I can do the same or even get 10% of his self-confidence so I can do more stuff!

His insight was always great, many times I think "I wonder what Robert would say about this?!" but I know the answer would always have been no BS :)

Great guy, slightly scary for eternal noobs like me :lol: but all the better for it :B):

Pob

The best guy ever!!!!!!!!! I bought only one watch after Robert becauze he was my dealer and i don't feel good buying from anybody else. I'm also here on the forum less and less because the place is not the same anymore!

Before we had one arrogant and straght forward guy but now we have a lot of them :( Like they waited for Robert to die to be able to take over! I ask myself every day if it would be the same if he is still alive! I don't think so because he would show them their place in his special way :D

RIP my friend and i'll see you when i come up there one day!

grb

One thing I really do miss, is the new member 2nd post who wants the best version available of a dssd with a swiss movement, quality control pics, twin ohc, go faster stripes, great fuel economy, and the cry would go up......... 'Send him to Robert'............... hours of fun

richardm1142

Bobby Watches was a real diamond, bought some great watches from him.

Terrific to deal with and so helpful especially when the PayPal question came up :rolleyes: .

Just a thought but around Christmas, when the great man passed away, howabout worldwide, GTG's to sink a pint or two in the mans memory?

nunu78
I really miss Robert he was one of the reasons I fell in love with this place. You could always find him in the chat box at all hours and could discuss absolutly anything with him.

Id like to hope he considered me a friend I know I considered him one ,and the day he passed away left a hole here that cannever be refilled.

RIP my Friend

+1111111111111111111111111111111111

Mystery Shopper

There are stories behind most of our watches. Robert made things easy and I bought 20 or so watches from him. They are worn regularly and he is thought of often.

Nunu, you are gonna have to move on mate & get back on the horse!

nunu78
There are stories behind most of our watches. Robert made things easy and I bought 20 or so watches from him. They are worn regularly and he is thought of often.

Nunu, you are gonna have to move on mate & get back on the horse!

Thanks Scott, I will one day. May be.