Sign in to follow this  
RichardMiami

Omega De Ville Hour Vision

RichardMiami

When it was introduced in 2007, the OMEGA De Ville Hour Vision heralded a new era for OMEGA. It was the watch that introduced the Co-Axial calibre 8500/8501 whose every part was created in-house using technology which has defined the way mechanical watch movements will be made in the 21st century.

“The Hour Vision is aptly named: the beauty of the movement is clearly visible through sapphire glass apertures in the side of the watchcase and through the sapphire crystal case back.”

Both the Rep and the Gen are 41 mm. The rep has several movements available. I did not go swiss, but instead have a 21J. That works for me as my watches are in a (large) rotation, and don't get worn on any frequency that stresses them.

OK.. ON TO THE PICS

GEN face:

43130412102001-20.png

The Rep:

Face

CameraZOOM-20120907102909342.jpg

The bracelet is as the gen, and silk on the wrist:

IMG_0439.jpg

Display back with a highly decorated movement. Note the serial number and Omega logo on the lugs on the left

IMG_0447.jpg

Serial Number:

serialnumber.png

The Hour Vision trademark - the display windows go all around the side of the case (not much to see, but a nice touch)

IMG_0442.jpg

HWG

Looking good! Its nice to see something other than all the PO's and SMP's lately. Who was the supplier?

RichardMiami

Michelle - Silix Prime

She has the black version also.. I am seriously considering it

dalboy

Richard,

the attention to detail is amazing,really !!.........even down to s/n on the lug..love the side window on the case..just how much is visable of the movement, or is it a bit of a gimmick.??

All looks good though i am not much of a dress watch kinda guy..stunning looking piece though mate..

wish you well to wear it

Dal.........................

UmpaHimself

Richard,

the attention to detail is amazing,really !!.........even down to s/n on the lug..love the side window on the case..just how much is visable of the movement, or is it a bit of a gimmick.??

All looks good though i am not much of a dress watch kinda guy..stunning looking piece though mate..

wish you well to wear it

Great to see you Dal

Michelle - Silix Prime

Nice rich

dalboy

Richard,

wish you well to wear it

Great to see you Dal

Michelle - Silix Prime

Nice rich

Thanks Umpa..

Simply filling my time mate..

Dal......

RichardMiami

Thanks guys!

@ dal.... the display glass goes all around the sides - 360 degrees except for where the lugs are.... of course, there is not very much to see, but it is a nice design detail.

My wife says it makes me look like George Clooney.. here I am wearing the watch.. you decide!

George-Clooney.png

@ Umpa.... when you visit.. you are NOT allowed to drool on my watches (like last time) ;)

dalboy

Thanks guys!

@ dal.... the display glass goes all around the sides - 360 degrees except for where the lugs are.... of course, there is not very much to see, but it is a nice design detail.

My wife says it makes me look like George Clooney.. here I am wearing the watch.. you decide!

George-Clooney.png

@ Umpa.... when you visit.. you are NOT allowed to drool on my watches (like last time) ;)

Funny Rich,

i can see the resemblance !! the watches look identical...noticed your not wearing your glasses.. :giggle:

Dal..

UmpaHimself

Thanks guys!

George-Clooney.png

lmao, I'll bring a splash guard.

nunu78

Looks really good, nice pickup.

RichardMiami

Thank you Nunu! :D

myaz

Thanks guys!

lmao, I'll bring a splash guard.

May I suggest Atropine taken an hour before the visit? Much more presentable than those dreaded splash guards. Don't overdo it or the tongue will start sticking to your cheeks :giggle:

andepad

Richard

Thanks for the review....

Good photos! .. especially the one of you without the glasses ;-)

Anyway.... I like the see-through on the caseback and the side of the watch... cool.

...noticed that it also had the "globe" etched on the other lug (lug next to serial #).

Looks like a well finished watch.

...oh boy! .. another one on my "list" ;-)

RichardMiami

Thanks Ande! appreciated!

onionbag

I've always admired this lovely timepiece, a true gentleman's accessory.......so it should suit you most admirably Richard.

RichardMiami

I've always admired this lovely timepiece, a true gentleman's accessory.......so it should suit you most admirably Richard.

THANK YOU!

That is an eloquent and flattering comment. It is only mitigated by the fact that the author is named "onionbag"... sigh.

onionbag

THANK YOU!

That is an eloquent and flattering comment. It is only mitigated by the fact that the author is named "onionbag"... sigh.

:rofl: 'onionbag' is also an eloquent, flattering and completely accurate description.

HeavyKrush

Nice pickup Rich. I was thinking of getting the black dial version with leather strap but now I'm thinking this might be the better choice. Looks smashing!

RichardMiami

Nice pickup Rich. I was thinking of getting the black dial version with leather strap but now I'm thinking this might be the better choice. Looks smashing!

Thanks HK... as noted above..the black dial is on my short list... not sure if I want to go leather or steel yet.... (my usual answer is to go both! LOL)

andydoc

Guys sorry to butt in on this thread but I just about to order the same rep from Mary and Rochest , is 232 dollars an acceptable price ?sorry to ask what some of you guys will think a noooob question but I am one...... And does anyone know if anyone does the omega hour vision 'Orbis ' blue dial version yet

Cheers ,

RichardMiami
Guys sorry to butt in on this thread but I just about to order the same rep from Mary and Rochest , is 232 dollars an acceptable price ?sorry to ask what some of you guys will think a noooob question but I am one...... And does anyone know if anyone does the omega hour vision 'Orbis ' blue dial version yet

Cheers ,

Andydoc.... can you tell us what movement is in the watch?

Pihlippe

Very nice watch! :)

My boss has a gen in rose gold, with a black lether strap.

It is incredibly amazing and i might get me a rep of it. :D

andydoc

It's has Asian ETA in it and I've ordered it after a good conversation with Rochest , so I'm lookin fwd to receiving it now

Don't tell me I've dropped a bollock ?

andydoc

oops next post is better sorry :giggle: :lmao:

th_DSCN2303_zps50bfa40b.jpg

th_DSCN2304_zps605d0c63.jpg

th_DSCN2305_zpsd468a8a4.jpg

th_DSCN2308_zps962e4b42.jpg

Edited by andydoc

andydoc

Well happy with this from WI , a very nice piece i believe DSCN2303_zps50bfa40b.jpg

DSCN2304_zps605d0c63.jpg

DSCN2305_zpsd468a8a4.jpg

DSCN2308_zps962e4b42.jpg

Edited by andydoc