Sign in to follow this  
ALE7575

Flaws in New PAM 288 K fitted with Seagull ST19 Aut.- Downgrading

ALE7575

The new replica of the Radiomir PAM 288 K fitted with Seagull ST19 with Autowinding module has unquestionable quality of construction and movement.

http://www.puretime.co/product/pam288-k-11-best-edition-st19/

http://www.timesshop.net/12544-pa8590fo-pam288-k-2012-update-version-lt-a7750.html

http://www.timesshop.net/12543-pa8580fo-pam288-k-2012-update-version-lt-a7750.html

BE CAREFUL: Timeshops indicates in its catalogue :

Pam288 K 2012 Update Version LT – fitted with A7750.

But TS makes a MISTAKE because above replica are actually fitted with Seagull ST19 Automatic.

Anyway, this replica really has noticeable flaws to be showed as follows:

- The position of chrono pushers is wrong. They are closer than gen and the current A7750 replica. You can see the position marked in blue lines. A7750 replica is correct.

- The tip of the canon pinion of sub-dials is black instead of silver like gen and A7750 replica

- The Crown Tube is much longer than gen and A7750 replica. Marked with purple lines.

- The side position of the Crown is much higher than on gen and A7750 replica.

- The sharp ends of the case are not as sharp as on gen and A7750 replica

- Most likely the AR is a little bluish. See the pics on Puretime and Timeshops catalogues.

- The distance between sub-dials is shorter in ST19 replica than in gen and A7750 replica. See marked in green the distance "A" in ST19 replica and the difference in gen and A7750 replica

PAM288-ST19-GEN-A7750FRONT-defiFINAL.jpg

PAM288-ST19-GEN-A7750-SIDEcopiar.jpg

Above mentioned flaws are very noticeable and nowadays they cannot be allowed in a Super rep.

Therefore, NEWPAM 288 K FITTED WITH SEAGULL ST19 AUTOMATIC IS DOWNGRADED to FIRST CLASS rep in the EVALUTION of the RWI PAM REVIEW-GUIDE:.

http://www.replica-w...iew-107365.html

And just due to its quality of construction and movement, because such a flaws in a current PAM replica are not for a First Class rep.

I remain waiting for your comments

ALE

Edited by ALE7575

Luthier

:picard:

World Famous RWI Review Guide... First Class... Second Class... Swiss AAA Class...

Gosh...

spboudart

Great job Ale, very interesting reading

baxter

Thanks Ale - info always appreciated by us Pam heads :) ................ is the 7750 rep still available?

ALE7575

Thanks Ale - info always appreciated by us Pam heads :) ................ is the 7750 rep still available?

I just thought that before reading the Luthier's comments!

It is sad and very discouraging to read this kind of comments from an experienced and veteran member

There are a lot of interesting things to comment in this thread leaving aside the Evaluation.

Thanks friends

Yes the A7750 version is still avilable from H maker

ALE

Edited by ALE7575

baxter

I just thought that before reading the Luthier's comments!

Thanks friends

Yes the A7750 version is still avilable from H maker

ALE

Thanks Ale - i guess some don't appreciate the detail thing but this is a watch forum and i think most do - keep up the good work my man :clap:

Del

Brilliant ALE! :clap:

So, basically, this new version is much less accurate than the previous version, despite all the marketing bullshit. ;)

If the factories had taken more care assembling the A7750 movements in the original model then they wouldn't have had to produce this "more reliable movement" version. ;)

Luthier

My comment wasn't about review of the watch, but about this:

"Therefore, NEWPAM 288 K FITTED WITH SEAGULL ST19 AUTOMATIC IS DOWNGRADED to FIRST CLASS rep in the EVALUTION of the RWI PAM REVIEW-GUIDE:.

And just due to its quality of construction and movement, because such a flaws in a current PAM replica are not for a First Class rep."

Since when RWI review guide became relevant? Also, there's contradiction - first you said it was "downgraded" to First Class, and then - "due to it's quality of construction and movement (????? Since when ST-19 became lower quality, than A7750???) are not even for First Class. So, it's Second Class now?

dalboy

Ale ,

Despites all the comments i found it interesting nice one mate..

Dal.............

myaz

- Lume on hands seems narrower on gen

- Font on tachymeter scale is larger on gen.

Still a damn good looking rep

Luthier

Review is very good, and I'm thankful for it.

grb

For the members who like the Panerai brand it's good to have a source of reference it you want the best looking replica

For those who complain about "who's got the best 288, 253 ???" posts this has got to be a good thing

Well done ALE

Kaiser

Great review Ale, you have proved that for people looking for a 288 the V1 is the way to go

Corv99

Hi Ale

welcome!

have to say I have spent many hours looking over your review thread!!

nice one

samurai dave

Very interesting and informative. All information regarding future purchases is always welcome. Thanks for taking the time to post this great review.

Dave.

ALE7575

Oh! Many thanks my friends I'm overhelmed by your kind comments.

I just placed this thread in RWI and had a lot of success and thought it could be interesting doing the same in RWG and RG.

Mainly thinking in people who thought buying this replica either in A7750 version or new ST19.

And now I would like to clarify something, mainly for the few people who don't know well the RWI PAM REVIEW GUIDE

Firstly, when the announcement from Puretime of the ST19 version, we all, maybe dazzled with the quality of this movement and the marketing from Angus, thought we were faced with a Super rep like the current PAM 288 K from H maker. And this watch was, IMHO wrongly, placed in the PAM GUIDE as a Super rep ilke the A7750.

We never do that, we always make a previous evaluation in a thread before to classify a rep in the PAM GUIDE. But this time, I make a mistake and evaluated this version ST19 as a Super rep directly (as above said maybe dazzled with the quality of the movement and the Puretime marketing).

I was not very happy with this decision and after read some comments, I decide to make this study.

As said in the thread, this ST19 version has been Downgraded from Super rep to First Class rep, but really this rep doesn't deserve even the First Class status due to its flaws. But in recognition of the quality of construction and movement we have keep the First Class status in the GUIDE. Besides I think it is clear in the thread that the correct choice is the rep fitted wiht A7750 despite a theoretically lower quality of movement.

Since the RWI PAM REVIEW GUIDE has more than 12100 views merely in two month and a half, and now we have an average of 200 view/day, It was necessary to clarify this situation in order not to make more mistakes. And this is the reason of this thread: to announce the flaws and downgrading the ST19 version.

See the corrections in the PAM GUIDE:

"Reference PAM REVIEW-GUIDE" - Replica Search, Identification, Evaluation & Selection

As you surely know we have created a PAM CONSULTING TEAM in RWI with a lot of PAM "experts" from RWI and even RWG, to improve the GUIDE and make more Evaluations in the future and to revise the current ones. It is a hard job because there are more of 150 replicas of PAM and a lot of them with several versions. But in the future we will have a more reliable GUIDE with the help of all people involved.

Many thanks for all support and encouraging comments received.

Regards

ALE

Edited by ALE7575

myaz

Wow, really appreciate your thinking about us here and posting this :thumbsup2:

ALE7575

- Lume on hands seems narrower on gen

- Font on tachymeter scale is larger on gen.

Still a damn good looking rep

Many thanks myaz

Interesting observations

- I had seen the tachy fonts and I thought it was the focal distance in the pics. But now I should reconsider and study it

- Lume in hands I didn't see honestly, But I think you are right. I will study too.

Many thanks again for your kind cooperation. Things like this makes great the forums and the info,

ALE

Edited by ALE7575

greg_r

Yup - the ST19 version is going to have issues due to the different geometry of the movement. It's still the one I'd have, though - the ST19 is pretty much bombproof. The 7750 not so much...

solkryssare

Thank you ALE! Its folks like you who drive the info flow on here forward. If we didn't discuss details what would we have left to discuss? We'd be like those boring gen forums :giggle:

Cheers!

baruch

Review is very good, and I'm thankful for it.

hahahahahhah your somuone george; hahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhaha.

ALE7575

FOLLOWING KIND INDICATIONS OF myaz

I have already studied the flaws indicated by myaz.

And really we have detected several flaws to add in ST19 replica

- The LUME in hands is WIDER in ST19 rep than in gen. But in A7750 rep is almost the same (a bit wider) as gen.

- The lume in ST19 goes farther to the hand arrow

- The hand arrow in ST19 rep is sharper

- In ST19 rep the tachymeter font is lower than in gen and A7750 rep

PAM288ST19-GEN-A7750LUMEHANDScopiar.jpg

PAM288-ST19-GEN-A7750-TACHYcopiar.jpg

Bearing in mind these new flaws we should consider to downgrade this ST19 replica to simple Good replica. There are already to much flaws to keep the Frst Class status.

ALE

Edited by ALE7575

Kal-el

Great Job! very interesting....

HeavyKrush

Ale, gotta tell you I love these evals mate. Keep it up!

myaz

Ale:

There are some that may think your observations are borderline anal and discourage people from being happy with their reps.

However, the feedback here has been positive. :thumbsup2:

Your pictures and illustrations are splendid and very much appreciated. It's typically hard to get quality side by side rep and gen comparisons.

I love this stuff........ and I've got 3 Lange reps :giggle: so it doesn't slow me down.

Keep it up and be sure to use words in the titles that can be easily searched!!!