Sign in to follow this  
sconehead

ETA datewheel removal

KBH

What he doesn't mention is that with the date wheel overlays used by most reps, particularly Rolex reps, the teeth that he's showing are completely covered by the overlay, although the removal remains the same. For anyone trying this for the first time be aware that it may not look exactly like the picture.

sconehead

Good point KB...:irish_dance:

JoeyB
For anyone trying this for the first time be aware that it may not look exactly like the picture.

Guess who? This oughta be good. :nana: If I have any problems I'll just warm up the .45. :irish_dance:

greg_r
For anyone trying this for the first time be aware that it may not look exactly like the picture.

Guess who? This oughta be good. :nana: If I have any problems I'll just warm up the .45. :nana:

You and IA should write a book together: "How to fix absolutely everything with a .45" :irish_dance:

JoeyB

Guess who? This oughta be good. :Whistle: If I have any problems I'll just warm up the .45. :nana:

You and IA should write a book together: "How to fix absolutely everything with a .45" :irish_dance:

We 'fixed' the Soviet Union, didn't we? :nana:

greg_r

Guess who? This oughta be good. :Doh: If I have any problems I'll just warm up the .45. :Whistle:

We 'fixed' the Soviet Union, didn't we? :nana:

You did that with just a .45? Wow.

:nana:

JoeyB

Guess who? This oughta be good. :Doh: If I have any problems I'll just warm up the .45. :gunbandana:

You and IA should write a book together: "How to fix absolutely everything with a .45" :lol:

We 'fixed' the Soviet Union, didn't we? :D

You did that with just a .45? Wow.

:rofl:

Yep. And the toys armes09.gif we gave to the Afghans...arab0060.gif

PatronSaintofChainsaws

I'm too lazy to watch the video, but I've found it easiest to slip a playing card under the date-wheel and use it to press down the little spring, then rotate the date-wheel from the crown and it pops right off.

JoeyB
I'm too lazy to watch the video, but I've found it easiest to slip a playing card under the date-wheel and use it to press down the little spring, then rotate the date-wheel from the crown and it pops right off.

I have an ETA 2836-2 that came in a Turn-O-Graph with no date wheel installed. I want to put it in another watch that has a date wheel. But none of those parts are on the movement. I was hoping to be able to buy a date wheel on Ebay for $5 and make it work. With the spring and other parts it looks like more than I can handle.

PatronSaintofChainsaws
I have an ETA 2836-2 that came in a Turn-O-Graph with no date wheel installed. I want to put it in another watch that has a date wheel. But none of those parts are on the movement. I was hoping to be able to buy a date wheel on Ebay for $5 and make it work. With the spring and other parts it looks like more than I can handle.

Do you have any pics showing what the top of the movement looks like? I'm curious to see what's missing.

I have a spare Asian 2836 with a power reserve issue that has all the necessary parts for retaining the date-wheel. It's yours if you want it. Maybe someone else here could take both movements and swap the parts around for you.

JoeyB

Do you have any pics showing what the top of the movement looks like? I'm curious to see what's missing.

I have a spare Asian 2836 with a power reserve issue that has all the necessary parts for retaining the date-wheel. It's yours if you want it. Maybe someone else here could take both movements and swap the parts around for you.

If it works, and I think from what I read it will, I will take you up on that. I'd love to hear from someone that knows, and can do it! I was figuring on getting parts from Ofrei if I can get a list, and then trying to find a jeweler to do it. Let me get a pic up tomorrow afternoon. Thanks!

PatronSaintofChainsaws
If it works, and I think from what I read it will, I will take you up on that. I'd love to hear from someone that knows, and can do it! I was figuring on getting parts from Ofrei if I can get a list, and then trying to find a jeweler to do it. Let me get a pic up tomorrow afternoon. Thanks!

PM your shipping address and I'll get it in the mail.

JoeyB

PM your shipping address and I'll get it in the mail.

Now I understand the 'Saint' part! THANK YOU!!