Sign in to follow this  
Merlinau

Paypal Watches: Anything known?

Balad1

But........can your Goat do this???

1339092384_goat_walks_on_front_legs.gif

JEFF, what did you do to this poor goat's anus?

PS: Ever heard of PETA?

Ask your cat.

:rofl:

Looking at the poor goat's anus I'm thinking Jeff could be charged with animal buggery...

scorpion
TRUSTED GUIDE.jpg

jeffw69

Ask your cat.

Looking at the poor goat's anus I'm thinking Jeff could be charged with animal buggery...

That isn't my goat! :facepalm:

YoungGPS

Ask your cat.

That isn't my goat! :facepalm:

funny-animated7.gif

Flaguyinetown
$279 for a $80 crapy sub on that site, Ouch!

Wonder why PP haven't noticed and closed them down?

Thanks for cheering me up! I got a deal. I only spent $150 on my crappy $80 sub before I found this site.

To the OP, welcome to the club. Almost all of us have the same story.

99% of the new members say, I wish I knew about this site before I made my first purchase.

I'm sure you'll get a watch, but the bad news is you paid way too much for a pos.

It makes more sense for these scam site to rip off customers by charging a fortune and shipping a piece of junk than it does to send nothing. They can stay in business longer that way I would imagine. Either way, you're out three bills and you won't get what you hoped for from that transaction.

As to why we all share the same story, it's really not a mystery.

Google is flooded with a deluge of scam rep sites. Many of them are owned by the same scammers,

In short, the bad news is you got ripped off one way or the other. The good news is you found the oasis.

ceedee18

Hi Merlin,

I, too, found this site after buying a watch on a site that was not a trusted dealer. The site never sent the promised tracking details, never answered any of my communications and as time went by, I started to think I must have been completely ripped off. And then, about five weeks after the order, a watch arrived. And it wasn't too bad, actually. Yes, it was a bit more expensive than the equivalent from silix, for example, (who always seem to me to be very well priced and I have bought a lot of watches from them). But it didn't turn out as bad a deal as I feared. I hope you get the same outcome.

By the way, are you in Australia (as I see you are called merlinau)? If so, schmooze is in Adelaide (I am in Sydney) and I have bought some a few very nice watches from him on the member to member sales forum. I think he is still selling down his collection, so you might like to watch out for that.

What did you order from the Paypalwatches site?

Chris

aoeu

I'm sorry but I'm afraid these cryptic comments aren't really very helpful.

Does this mean Yes or NO.

I"m just looking for a simple straight answer?

I can give you one. I don't know if you got scammed or not. If you paid through PayPal, that's a strong indicator that the dealer is righteous. But then again, the PayPal interface can be faked. If you are bet-your-arse certain that you got through the real, actual PayPal, then you can file a dispute. I'm not sure how PayPal will proceed from here. I speculate that they will freeze your account and theirs. But then again, that's only speculation and NOT a statement of fact.

Sorry, my friend - but you may very well have taken a very expensive lesson. My condolences. Live and learn, right?

I hope you can stick with our Trusted Dealers section from now on. Or you can get a legal replica (aka 'homage') from eBay and not have these worries.

Oh yeah...for us regulars...it's clear to me that we're dealing with a newbie here. Sending someone a list of our Trusted Dealers isn't going to help when the transaction has already been completed. Same story with the 'you shoulda' posts - Monday morning quarterbacking is totally unhelpful.

DKaiser Söze

I'm sorry but I'm afraid these cryptic comments aren't really very helpful.

Does this mean Yes or NO.

I"m just looking for a simple straight answer?

I can give you one. I don't know if you got scammed or not. If you paid through PayPal, that's a strong indicator that the dealer is righteous. But then again, the PayPal interface can be faked. If you are bet-your-arse certain that you got through the real, actual PayPal, then you can file a dispute. I'm not sure how PayPal will proceed from here. I speculate that they will freeze your account and theirs. But then again, that's only speculation and NOT a statement of fact.

Sorry, my friend - but you may very well have taken a very expensive lesson. My condolences. Live and learn, right?

I hope you can stick with our Trusted Dealers section from now on. Or you can get a legal replica (aka 'homage') from eBay and not have these worries.

Oh yeah...for us regulars...it's clear to me that we're dealing with a newbie here. Sending someone a list of our Trusted Dealers isn't going to help when the transaction has already been completed. Same story with the 'you shoulda' posts - Monday morning quarterbacking is totally unhelpful.

I am sure glad we Noobs have a seasoned veteran like you around.

subiim

If PayPal learns he was buying fake watches I'm not sure they will do anything...

BigBuys

Well, I'm sure. And if you are feeling froggy just send them a note and tell them that you have done so, and we just sit back and watch!

aoeu

Welcome to the world of horology, Mr Noob. ;o) I'm not quite a 'seasoned veteran' but I'd like to think that I'm well on my way. ;o)

Ultimately, the only way to avoid getting burned is to stick with legal reps aka homages. Our Trusted Dealers are righteous, but they cannot protect you from Customs in your country seizing your counterfeit - remember, those are illegal. Legal reps - being legal - can be bought and sold openly, and they sail right through Customs (United States Customs at least) with no worries. Since I don't like sneaking around, and want to have my watch serviced at the local shops, I stick with legal reps only.

Ultimately, your best bet is to research, research, research, and research some more. Google is your friend; always remember that. Research movements, factories, dealers, and shipping methods. You can't do it all in one evening, but a few months worth of research will make you fairly knowledgeable.

DKaiser Söze

Welcome to the world of horology, Mr Noob. ;o) I'm not quite a 'seasoned veteran' but I'd like to think that I'm well on my way. ;o)

Ultimately, the only way to avoid getting burned is to stick with legal reps aka homages. Our Trusted Dealers are righteous, but they cannot protect you from Customs in your country seizing your counterfeit - remember, those are illegal. Legal reps - being legal - can be bought and sold openly, and they sail right through Customs (United States Customs at least) with no worries. Since I don't like sneaking around, and want to have my watch serviced at the local shops, I stick with legal reps only.

Ultimately, your best bet is to research, research, research, and research some more. Google is your friend; always remember that. Research movements, factories, dealers, and shipping methods. You can't do it all in one evening, but a few months worth of research will make you fairly knowledgeable.

But what If I don't like those goofy unbranded homage watches?

aoeu

I don't know...only way to find out is to come out and say it, then we will see. ;o)

Firstly, not all of them are unbranded - Alpha, Parnis, Orient, Rotary, and Sea-Gull all have their own branding. If you mean the ROLEX brand or whatever, there are still tells that it isn't real, even if the logo is perfect (it won't be). Besides, at least those goofy homage watches don't get seized by customs - and being notified that your watch has been seized and your PayPal account frozen stinks even worse than a watch that looks like a Rolex but has a blank space where the ROLEX marking would be.

Let's face facts. Even the best of the counterfeits will have tells, and you run the risk of being scammed again. Legal homages don't have these problems. Nothing like selling legal stuff in plain sight to establish credibility and trust, right? Right! - so either go the counterfeit route and risk a scam or a Customs seizure, only to get called out by someone knowledgeable when you pass off your 'Rolex' as the real thing - or suck it up and get the homage. Your collection; your call.

DKaiser Söze

I don't know...only way to find out is to come out and say it, then we will see. ;o)

Firstly, not all of them are unbranded - Alpha, Parnis, Orient, Rotary, and Sea-Gull all have their own branding. If you mean the ROLEX brand or whatever, there are still tells that it isn't real, even if the logo is perfect (it won't be). Besides, at least those goofy homage watches don't get seized by customs - and being notified that your watch has been seized and your PayPal account frozen stinks even worse than a watch that looks like a Rolex but has a blank space where the ROLEX marking would be.

Let's face facts. Even the best of the counterfeits will have tells, and you run the risk of being scammed again. Legal homages don't have these problems. Nothing like selling legal stuff in plain sight to establish credibility and trust, right? Right! - so either go the counterfeit route and risk a scam or a Customs seizure, only to get called out by someone knowledgeable when you pass off your 'Rolex' as the real thing - or suck it up and get the homage. Your collection; your call.

Well, since it is my call. I'll go with a Trusted Dealer who has a mile long track record with the respected members of this site. I am admittedly a Noob here, but I think you are trying to justify your goofy homage watch collection rather than give effective counsel to those seeking to buy reps. Are you sure you are truly qualified to act as if you know something on this site?

Edited by dweaverjr

aoeu

Well, since it is my call. I'll go with a Trusted Dealer who has a mile long track record with the respected members of this site. I am admittedly a Noob here, but I think you are trying to justify your goofy homage watch collection rather than give effective counsel to those seeking to buy reps. Are you sure you are truly qualified to act as if you know something on this site?

Fair enough - I hope you enjoy your counterfeit. No sarcasm here; I meant that. ;o)

Also, I never professed to be an expert / authority on anything. I simply shared my thoughts and why I won't buy a counterfeit myself. I pointed out that legal reps are better due to no risk of customs seizure, no risk of being scammed, and the fact that even the best counterfeit has tells that give it away anyway. If you want to take the risk, then of course I will respect your decision.

Have fun - that's the most important thing. If it isn't required by law and no fun, then why do it, right? ;o)

Flaguyinetown

Owned, wow.

air

PAYPALWATCHES ARE TOTAL SCAMMERS. NORMALLY IF YOU GET A WATCH IS TOTAL DIFFERENT CHEAP MODEL.

DR3M3L
PAYPALWATCHES ARE TOTAL SCAMMERS. NORMALLY IF YOU GET A WATCH IS TOTAL DIFFERENT CHEAP MODEL.

No way! Bastards :(

Stick to TD's my friends. They will serve you the BEST watches they can get :D