Sign in to follow this  
chiefsalami

Help with tightening bezel?

chiefsalami

I just purchased a Breitling SA replica that I am overall very happy with, except the ratcheting bezel is very loose and turns very easily. Can someone guide me in tightening this so that it feels more like the genuine watch? Someone mentioned something about a technique using dental floss to tighten the bezel. Any details on this or another procedure?

thank you!

greg_r

As I understand it (I've never had to do it myself), you can wrap some dental floss tightly into the gap between case and bezel - pushing it further into the gap with a toothpick or similar if necessary. It's a bit McGuyver-ish, but supposedly it works.

Hopefully someone who's actually had to tighten a bezel will be along shortly with some better ideas... :lol:

KinCaidk

Salami> Give the floss a go and tell us how it worked out for ya.

chiefsalami

Well I gave the dental floss method a shot but it didn't work. It did make the bezel tighter, but I lost the ratcheting mechanism. It doesn't really click as you turn the bezel now, and if you push hard enough, it will rotate in the opposite direction. I must have wrapped up the ratcheting spring while doing this. Can someone tell me how to remove the bezel? It's a rep Breitling Super Avenger Blacksteel (48mm version). Unlike the gen watch, where you remove the screws around the bezel to lift it off, the screws in the rep watch are just fit in there and don't secure anything in.

chiefsalami

Can someone help with details on how to remove this particular bezel? Someone else seemed to feel that this one was not removable, but I need to know for sure so that I don't break anything on this beautiful watch.

bob bean

Damn pity about that Salami! And I can't help either.

I did the dental floss(thin) fix on my PAM 25 and it worked a dream. Still unidirectional, still clicks, but firm and not tinny.

andy66

I used normal cotton on my skyland and that worked a treat aswell.

as for taking the bezel off.....im sure ive read it has to be taken off with a dremmel....SCARY MATE...

chiefsalami

I updated KBH's thread with what I did to the watch, observations and pictures.