Sign in to follow this  
replicastuff

What do you do when spotted wearing a rep?

arancini

e8d20d40.gif

Italian Spiderman!!!!

Love it!

You sir, have good taste, I mean bad taste, I mean - brilliant series. :giggle:

Back on topic, the only thing I've got to add is that, unless they're a good friend/family member, it's a pretty obnoxious thing to ask in the first place.

anamari

Lie and lie some more until the rep-cops come for you. Only tell the truth if faced with jail or life and death scenario...

There is nothing wrong with desiring to be top dog...hell, humans sometimes forget we are part of the animal kindom and survival/procreation are the first instincts embed in our DNAs. Why deny the undeniable? It is Ok to be human. If culture and times dictated that to be top dog/bitches, we needed horns, I bet most able bodies would be sporting one the next day if they could. Excepting the true watch affictionados, who love mechanics and would rather build a watch just to see the smoothness of the movements than f*** the hottie in red thongs and matching hooker heels standing by, we all are doing it to increase our desirabilities/images. Don't do it half way...go all the way. Deny deny deny.

Dr. Phil :kma:

Dendo

Lie and lie some more until the rep-cops come for you. Only tell the truth if faced with jail or life and death scenario...

There is nothing wrong with desiring to be top dog...hell, humans sometimes forget we are part of the animal kindom and survival/procreation are the first instincts embed in our DNAs. Why deny the undeniable? It is Ok to be human. If culture and times dictated that to be top dog/bitches, we needed horns, I bet most able bodies would be sporting one the next day if they could. Excepting the true watch affictionados, who love mechanics and would rather build a watch just to see the smoothness of the movements than f*** the hottie in red thongs and matching hooker heels standing by, we all are doing it to increase our desirabilities/images. Don't do it half way...go all the way. Deny deny deny.

Is it just me or is there something rather sensual about this reply :lol:

Dendo

Is it just me or is there something rather sensual about this reply :lol:

Its just me.....back to fixing that keyless works.............

Disfin

I've always told the truth except to this one loudmouth at work who has to be the funniest guy in room, calls everyone on everything all the time... I've never told him and he did ask. He wears a gen quartz omega.. I asked him oh, no automatic, lol. Did I mention that he reports to me?

rickdangerous
the average guy in the street has never heard of half the makes we wear anyway

^ this.

Smb

Was in a decent card game the weekend and was fronted with "nice fake breitling" put me way off my game. No way ya can tell from over the table but tactics worked. First time ever been called, but what the hell I love my watches and I wear em proudly

Indigo38

Was in a decent card game the weekend and was fronted with "nice fake breitling" put me way off my game. No way ya can tell from over the table but tactics worked. First time ever been called, but what the hell I love my watches and I wear em proudly

I would have replied "perhaps one day you'll be able to afford a fake breitling" and smile sweetly :P

trksh-bzr

I would have replied "perhaps one day you'll be able to afford a fake breitling" and smile sweetly :P

or "fake breitlings are handed out to guys with 12 inch penises where I come from, now show me your cards shrimpie"

(that's only 3 times today I have posted about promoting a none existant 12 inch'er....hmmm. looking for another topic to post disgusting remarks about sizes of gross human components)

jeffw69
:rofl:

bmeister

The great thing about this hobby is that we all end up knowing more about the gens than gen owners. My experience, anyway. Proud owner of WAY too many reps...

diegosaenz

I've never been asked if its a rep however, if it is a friend I'll tell him that it is a rep and that I'll be willing to help them find one if they do want one. I did get my stepdad to buy a BK DSSD!

LightGeek

You were wearing a shiny Breitling or a Rolex weren't you? :giggle:

trksh-bzr

You were wearing a shiny Breitling or a Rolex weren't you? :giggle:

everyone should be reminded to remove the plastic on the crystal if you're wearing a rep!!

that AAA sticker kindda looks funny on a 55k gen. :lol:

Garry

Where's the "Tell them to Fuck right off" button?

Goodreau

I was at a bar once, and I was talking with some chick. He interrupts our conversation to say, that's a fake breitling. I told him to fuck off. Apparently he is some kind of lawyer and represents a brand or some shit. But he also had a bad stutter, and when I kept on telling him to fuck off and yes it's a rep, and I'm just a watch enthusiast, etc... he started stuttering and apologizing... regardless, it was about 10 minutes of pure fucking awkward. Thankfully I still took the girl home. Either way, I wanted to uppercut the douche for jumping in to sound smart, and just making an ass of everyone, himself included.

OMG LOL! This made my day man. :) Thanks.

chrisut

I have a cousin that likes watches too. We have talked about watches alot reps and gens. We both make pretty good money so when either of us has a new watch we always ask the other if it is real. It has actually become quite a good test and practice, as my now first thought and words, regardless of who asks, is no its a total fake can't you tell, you want to buy it? I'll sell it to you for [$500 more than sticker price of the gen] Then I take it off and hand it to them so they can inspect. They then look at it and ask again if it is real or not. I tell them if they can't tell if its real I won't sell it to them as they clearly don't know enough to own it. I have had a couple of people that I work with grab my watch when wearing a Rolex and watch the hand sweep.

The only person that ever decided he was better than me because I was wearing a rep was when I had been working on one of my cars all afternoon wearing a rep submariner and he looked at it then turned his nose up when I told him it had a shitty band on it. Funny part, is that he lost everything he had when the housing market collapsed, and now lives with his mother at 35 years old. lol.

Edited by chrisut

Michael Dennis

Back in the day, when I was trying my hand at professional fashion photography (I had a lot of fun, but finally grew up and got a real job), I became aware that budding supermodels had made an art form out of estimating the wealth (as in.fuckability) of guys around a bar by accurately valuing what they were wearing. Working in the fashion industry gave these apprentice gold diggers comprehensive knowledge of the retail value of everything from mens designer suits to belt buckles and shoes, and in particular, watches. As a result, a lot of lucky, well healed and usually older Rolex wearers in the late 80's and early 90's got laid by beautiful young models soon after being asked the question "Do you have the time?" (don't laugh, I used to go for drinks with these girls following Friday afternoon photo sessions and witnessed this on many occasions). Then came the birth of the counterfeit watch from Asia, and for a time, a lot of well groomed younger guys on average wages who had just returned from a cheap Bali holiday did very well thank you (unless of course their money ran out and they asked the long legged lovely on their arm to buy a round). The models, not being MENSA candidates, took ages to catch on (that was about the same time that the fashion industry twigged that all the expensive iconic fashion items were now being cheaply replicated in Asia and were flooding into western countries in the luggage of budget holiday makers). That's when they actually started asking not only "Do you have the time?" but also "Is that a real Rolex?" - I shit you not! Needless to say, that's when a lot of young guys had to decide whether to lie like hell and hopefully score, or fess up and end up drinking alone. Now what would you do? All's fair in love and war I say! :giggle:

Anyway I digress - the following is an extract from one of my earlier posts and really shows how pear-shaped things may get if you try to pass off the replica in the wrong company - :death:

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:54 PM

At a motorsport function in Melbourne last Friday night, a rather obnoxious fellow visiting our table went to extraordinary lengths to impress everyone with his new $13,000 Rolex Submariner Date, Steel & Gold Black Face Rolex. Unfortunately for him, our car club president asked for a closer look and then replied: "I hope you really didn't spend all that - it's a fake." When the showoff insisted his watch was the real deal, our president rolled back his sleeve to reveal a genuine Rolex Model No.116613 LN and stated: "Only the Two-Tone Blue Face Submariner has the gold lettering and crown on the face, as you can see, all genuine Submariner Black Face watches have white lettering!" The obnoxious one was rendered speechless and tended to avoid our table for the rest of the evening (a good outcome as far as we were concerned). It turns out that our President is an avid Rolex collector and told me later: "It was a very good replica actually, but the gold lettering & crown, plus the fact that the background for the date was cream in colour, rather than pure white, were dead giveaways."

The next day I grabbed my 2011 Rolex catalogue and verified that our President knows his stuff. Only the Blue Face Two-Tone Submariner (Model No.116613 LB) has the gold lettering on the face, all the Black Face Submariners (and even the White Gold Blue Face model) have white lettering.

arancini

Amusing stories, Signor Dennis.

Good thing I choose my watches according to what I like, not because I want to impress and subsequently score some Bimbo.

Pretty sure I'm in the minority on that count. :giggle:

Edited by arancini

Michael Dennis

Same here arancini, but that's how it was back in the day, when for a short time, I had an insider's view of the fashion world, where youth, stupidity and excess ruled (and probably still does).

If a young lovely asked me for the time now, I'd probably run and hide - even if I was wearing one of my gens :boxedin:

greg_r

Poll deleted to prevent constant bumping of this thread

Danglin

DSC00272.jpg

Gotta love the gen Taurus Judge.