Sign in to follow this  
sfa437

Scammer Alert

sfa437

Confirmed scammer:

From RG we have this: http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=95296

Also reposted on RWI: http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthrea...gain-49374.html

AKA "ilovewatches9" on RG (confirmed) and also perhaps silversx (unconfirmed).

MO is to build up a very good short term reputation, buy a few small things, sell a few small things then post a high dollar watch or watches, take multiple payments for the same watch (via WU, Moneygram or money order) then disappear. Dom will NOT take PP so it's the biggest tip-off.

dingle
Confirmed scammer:

From RG we have this: http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=95296

Also reposted on RWI: http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthrea...gain-49374.html

AKA "ilovewatches9" on RG (confirmed) and also perhaps silversx (unconfirmed).

MO is to build up a very good short term reputation, buy a few small things, sell a few small things then post a high dollar watch or watches, take multiple payments for the same watch (via WU, Moneygram or money order) then disappear. Dom will NOT take PP so it's the biggest tip-off.

KILL IT WITH FIRE! ;)

greg_r

Thanks for the heads-up P. Doesn't seem to be a member here, I'm glad to say. Will be banned on sight if he shows up.

FoolishOne

Let me add another big production scam to the list of many that are out there.

centralwatches.com and beckerwatches.com After seeing multiple positive reviews on sites like replicainsider.net and fakereviews.com (obviously part of the scam as they don't respond either), spoke with Central and noticed a comment having a solid gold version. They referred me to their site beckerwatches.com which shows only sold gold versions. They quoted me a price of $2510. Shipped me the watch Fed Ex COD which was paid by Postal money order as required. Received package only to open and find a cheap stainless replica. Follow up call gave the promise of immediate replacement which never came. Calls that followed brought either voice mail or put on hold and a disconnect. Immediate call back brought a voice mail. I will spend $10,000 to bring these guys down now. ANY information that any of you have would help. Please write me at [email protected]

KBH

Well FoolishOne, you picked a perfect screen name. Sorry to hear about your scam but unfortunately there are hundreds, if not thousands, of those sites on the Internet. I wish you had found this place first.

Best of luck with trying to track them down. I hope you'll keep us informed if you make any progress with this.

sconehead

What a bummer mate...;)

We'll do a bit of digging but don't build your hopes up...plenty have been there before you. Personally, I was lucky enough to stumble upon the bonifide rep forums before I pulled the trigger on my first rep watch, purely by chance though.

Anyway, at least you've found a safe place if you want to explore the world of rep watches, better late than never...good luck in your quest by the way...:)

pinkersc

Let me add another big production scam to the list of many that are out there.

centralwatches.com and beckerwatches.com After seeing multiple positive reviews on sites like replicainsider.net and fakereviews.com (obviously part of the scam as they don't respond either), spoke with Central and noticed a comment having a solid gold version. They referred me to their site beckerwatches.com which shows only sold gold versions. They quoted me a price of $2510. Shipped me the watch Fed Ex COD which was paid by Postal money order as required. Received package only to open and find a cheap stainless replica. Follow up call gave the promise of immediate replacement which never came. Calls that followed brought either voice mail or put on hold and a disconnect. Immediate call back brought a voice mail. I will spend $10,000 to bring these guys down now. ANY information that any of you have would help. Please write me at [email protected]

I also dealt with central watch. There is a website that rates them high. They are typical east coast crooks. Thank goodness I got out without a lost. I had to deal with the NY BBB to get them off my back. Good luck and may they rot in He--!

AllergyDoc

Lots of sharks in the water...

trailboss99

May be a good thing to mail those details to foolishone Pink. Sounds like you know more than he does.

Col.

alistairw

:P

If there can be a positive for you Foolishone, the Dealers on this site are first class. The watch you are after you will find and rest assured it will look a million dollars and be no more than $300, it will work and you'll be proud to wear it.

I have been bitten in the past by scammers who sold me crap, silly me paid more to get the 'right goods'. End result is my 9 yo son has two Breitling reps nothing like the originals which are worth zip but I paid over A$800.

Luckilly Aussie dollars aren't worth much so in real terms 4 bananas and 3 coconuts!