Sign in to follow this  
justicepool

Best rep of any watch?

burg650

Awesome color, yellow is my favorite.

houndoggie

This:

5a7aje2y.jpg

Awesome looking, never seen this one before.

Not sure if serious

Awesome color, yellow is my favorite.

You should totally get it.

burg650

I think this PAM yellow submarine edition would match my Can AM Spyder very well, don't know how to add a photo.

Mike on a bike

Burg what up , got some friends here you want to invite no problem with me.

justicepool

Left = gen?

Gen on the left. I sold my exp 1 a few weeks ago, lovely stunning 98% rep, just too small for me :(

Sorry guys---the gen is the one on the RIGHT. I'd be interested to know why you both thought otherwise. Whatever, just shows how good these modern reps are even allowing for the poor photo.

I thought the right was the gen. It just looks more refined, hard to explain. But, it is definitely close!

jimsusan

Left = gen?

Gen on the left. I sold my exp 1 a few weeks ago, lovely stunning 98% rep, just too small for me :(

Sorry guys---the gen is the one on the RIGHT. I'd be interested to know why you both thought otherwise. Whatever, just shows how good these modern reps are even allowing for the poor photo.

I thought the right was the gen. It just looks more refined, hard to explain. But, it is definitely close!

Considering the rep cost £160 and the gen cost £2,850 its good to know that there's something that accounts for all that extra dosh---even if it is hard to explain!

To be honest though there are two tells on the rep:-

1) the 'Swiss Made' at six o'clock is partially obscured on the rep and

2) the triangle at 12.00 is slightly off centre

After saying that I've also seen gen watches with the 'Swiss Made' wording partially obscured and not all gen dials are perfectly aligned in all respects :unsure:

arancini

Gotta love it when even we have difficulty telling a Gen. Rolex Explorer 1 from the Rep.

What chance do non-watch enthusiasts have? I know. I know. Most non-watch enthusiasts couldn't care less.

Interesting exercise nonetheless.

Long live China's Rep factories.

Mike on a bike

" What chance do non-watch enthusiasts have? I know. I know. Most non-watch enthusiasts couldn't care less."

Bingo we are in our own little world, I could wear a timex for all anyone cares or knows.

trailboss99

All of you forgot the first "almost perfect" rep, the Ebel Discovery.

The only (and I mean only) difference between the gen and rep is the slightly long pushers on the rep.

I've seen both side by side and it's otherwise perfect.

It and the Santos (which is indistinguishable if the clasp is replaced) are as good as it gets. For more main stream stuff the aforementioned Exp 1 and various Pams are probably good choices for near perfect reps.

webking185

Bell and Ross BR02, and the PAM111 from Noob