AllergyDoc

The Top 10 Lies of Replica Watches

Intransit

Since I'm new here and doing the rounds on the noob threads, I'll throw my thanks in here for this helpful guide!  Good points on not necessarily taking the websites on the internet at face value. This isn't Amazon, everyone, this is a somewhat personal interaction with dealers who manage specialized goods. Treat the experience as such. 

Fray Jason
On 03/08/2023 at 21:13, SamiJ said:

Does anyone here consider watches with some original parts replicas? I was told recently, as everyone on here knows that a Frankin is a watch that must have the original movement but can have aftermarket parts?  If that's the case, what do you all call a watch with a non original movement  but some original parts?

A franken is anything pieced together from other watches part (you remember the Frankenstein monster?)
The term wasn't initially used to describe a replica watch, however. It was more for vintage watches or anything with maybe a dial or hands that weren't correct for that particular reference. 

Today, especially in the rep forums, a franken is a high end replica with some gen parts. Not necessarily the movement. 

coffeetissue

Good to know. Thanks !