AllergyDoc

The Top 10 Lies of Replica Watches

childishthing
Thanks for the info!!

Postwhoring the same thing in multiple threads isn't going to work out well for you.

But... it is great info :rofl:

tirthabratapanja

Awesome and very much informative post.

reconrover

Was just about to pull the trigger on a pricey "swiss movement" Hysec. Now I know the actual truth. I was lucky with my first purchase of a self winding PAM, 1x year and going strong, great quality. Now, I want a quality looking Hysec, and a Hublot, but man, it's so hard to tell from the approved list if one has a higher quality standard than the other.

dinmat87

Just signed up and looking into purchasing my first replica Rolex Daytona. Thank you for the information, it was very useful.

hifimad

Wow, this is great information. As a noob it is really useful. And scary!

adrian44

Great overview for a new watch buyer....question...You mention not to COD and that Paypal and CC companies are aware of the rep business....Then what is the preferred method of paying for a replica watch from a experienced buyers perspective?

Thanks all!

RUSH2112
Great overview for a new watch buyer....question...You mention not to COD and that Paypal and CC companies are aware of the rep business....Then what is the preferred method of paying for a replica watch from a experienced buyers perspective?

Thanks all!

Western union in person is the easiest. None of our dealers are going to risk the business by running away with your $€£

DrWh00

Another noob here, thanks for this write up.

ensy

Thank for this simple and easy to read guide. It really quite a handful to get your head around here as a newbie.

benhipps

Pinned, as it should be.

Col.

Great start for us new guys. Thanks for taking the time! Ben

Deersniper

Hy,referencing Allergy Docs post 10 lies about replica watches. going back to Nov. 2008 if you don't mind. He sausage that there are no Swiss made replica watches. Is that still true ? I've been lookin at a couple dealers that are advertising Swiss made. Also he mentions that there are NO 27 jewel movements in replica watches, than in the same paragraph he states " Some newer ones are powered by an ETA 7753 which does have 27 jewel. Can someone please clarify these 2 points for me. Thank you in advance. Confused

black263

Still true. If a dealer is selling replicas made in Switzerland take large steps in the opposite direction.

TeeTee

good read. thx.

David(bcn)

Very useful information. Thanks.

A MUST reading to anyone new in this 'world'.

FlyingSpur

Noob here... thanks for the info.

Softi444

Thanks for this. Very informative for a newbie

toujo

I'm taking my time reading through all the information for new members, it really is so helpful and new members like myself need to have patience and take things slowly before even considering looking at purchasing a watch.

Ladders4Life

glad i went for the noob section, already busted a few of my misconceptions. many thanks

GenTLe
Hy,referencing Allergy Docs post 10 lies about replica watches. going back to Nov. 2008 if you don't mind. He sausage that there are no Swiss made replica watches. Is that still true ? I've been lookin at a couple dealers that are advertising Swiss made. Also he mentions that there are NO 27 jewel movements in replica watches, than in the same paragraph he states " Some newer ones are powered by an ETA 7753 which does have 27 jewel. Can someone please clarify these 2 points for me. Thank you in advance. Confused

While it is true that replica watches made in Swiss is an enormous lie, it is true that some of the reps have a real Swiss movement inside.

BUT beware: very few factories have brand new Swiss movements (and they generally are Sellita branded, as ETA stopped to sell their movement outside of Swatch group like in 2010 or even before). Other factories (such as BP factory) advertise as Swiss movements that may have been taken from old donor watches, maybe even modified (to look a bit more like a Rolex calibre, or to add GMT to a non GMT ETA 2836) and/or fixed using Chinese clone parts. In all cases for me the best is, when you have the choice, to go with a brand new Asian ETA clone, like the well made Seagull TY2130 (their version of ETA 2824) or TY2100 (their version of ETA 2836).

They normally perform well and there is always the possibility, in the future, to replace them with a real Swiss one.

sabiom3

Very informative. Thanks!

Surf69

New to RWG and nearly 18 months into Reps.

In my quest for info in search of my favorite reps this has come to my eyes previously and stoked to review it again now.

Thanks to all the regular contributors that make what can be an otherwise daunting experience a more enjoyable and informed adventure. These forums are invaluable and thanks for contributing.

SlamDunk

Invaluable... Thanks for the heads-up!

BlueDog

I learn or remember something every time a come across the FAQs section. Good Stuff

zikzak

In case any actual noobs ever stop by.

Noob here, stopping by. Found this thread really informative and appreciate taking the time many years ago to put it together and post.

Cheers!