AllergyDoc

The Top 10 Lies of Replica Watches

nancynancy

I was thinking of buying a replica Cartier Small Womans Steel Tank Solo watch on one of the websites, but fortunately I came across this message board before I placed my order. This is a great thread. Thank you so much, Allergy Doc, for creating it.

shellibranch

Thanks for posting!

AllergyDoc
Excellent list. I agree quality control is a problem. The sellers need to test these watches thoroughly for several days before they ship them, and check them for defects. It's expensive for them and the buyer to have to return them for repair.

:D

I was thinking of buying a replica Cartier Small Womans Steel Tank Solo watch on one of the websites, but fortunately I came across this message board before I placed my order. This is a great thread. Thank you so much, Allergy Doc, for creating it.

Glad to help, Nancy Nancy.

Slim
In the U.S. it's illegal to sell or import for the purpose of selling. Legal to buy, own, and wear.

Is this definitely true? Someone on another forum I inhabit claimed that US customs officers will subject you to a fine equivalent to the cost of the genuine item, then deny entry to the US in future until you pay up!

I'd also be interested to clarify the law in the UK. If UK customs find a (single) replica watch on its way to you from the Far East, I guess they're likely to confiscate it? Have I committed a crime by buying from one of our dealers, either in civil or criminal law?

kaykay

Thanks!

AllergyDoc
In the U.S. it's illegal to sell or import for the purpose of selling. Legal to buy, own, and wear.

Is this definitely true? Someone on another forum I inhabit claimed that US customs officers will subject you to a fine equivalent to the cost of the genuine item, then deny entry to the US in future until you pay up!

I'd also be interested to clarify the law in the UK. If UK customs find a (single) replica watch on its way to you from the Far East, I guess they're likely to confiscate it? Have I committed a crime by buying from one of our dealers, either in civil or criminal law?

I can only speak for the U.S. What I said was true. U.S. Customs will attach some kind of duty if they find a rep in your package (amount has varied over the years) or you may get a letter from them (rare). Try to import 100 reps and you can get in big trouble because that's intend to sell. Same as pot, I suppose.

Modobo3

Thanks for all of the useful information... I log on and read as much as I can, so I really feel like I'm somewhat equipped to begin purchasing... I anticipate purchasing a few reps in the near future - Rolex Yachtmaster is my favorite - also looking to purchase a few.

Thanks again!

Mo

jer2911tx

i'm a noob!

waiting for my first watches to arrive, keeping my fingers crossed!

used the forum to find sites to order from :D

Dssd
Many arrive here with minds polluted by scam sites and scam "review" sites: all peddlers of lies and deception.

In an effort to help cleanse the noobs' minds of this filth, I propose the following 10 common and devious lies and misconceptions

about replica watches, and the business of manufacturing and selling replica watches.

Lie #1: The best replica watches are made in Switzerland, followed closely by Italy.

-- This is the biggest lie of all. All replica watches are made somewhere in Asia, mostly China. Saying that replicas are made in Switzerland or Italy is a lie intended to extract more money from the ignorant.

Lie #2: Replica watches are graded according to quality. C (or whatever) is the lowest and AAA+++ (or whatever) is the highest.

-- Who decides what is "C" and what is "A"? The "International Replica Watch Governing Board"? Pure nonsense designed, again, to get more of your dollars.

Lie #3: The movements in "Swiss made" replicas are identical to the genuine watch movements. 27 jewel movements are the best.

-- (See Lie #1 for "Swiss made".) Far from the truth. Very few replica watch movements come from anywhere but China and any watchman can immediately tell it's not genuine. There are no Asian 27 jewels movements in replica watches; only 25, 21, or 17. (Some newer replicas are powered by an ETA 7753, which does have 27J.)

Lie #4: The best replicas are 99% true to the genuine and will even fool an Authorized Dealer (AD).

-- Not true. While some may be close (picking a number is impossible) to the genuine, all replicas are flawed. Do you really think you can spend $200 or less and get a watch that's 99% identical to a $4,000-20,000 watch? As for fooling ADs, maybe. Common clerks are easily fooled, but seasoned ADs, upon close inspection, will know it's a replica.

Lie #5: The gold on "Swiss grade" replicas is much higher than on other replicas. The crown, bezel, and mid links are solid gold and the full-gold replicas are 5-wrapped (or 6-wrapped, or whatever).

-- While a few models have been shown to have solid gold mid links (Rolex replicas), the rest of the watch is gold plated or double or triple wrapped gold. ("Search" for threads on how this is done.)

Lie #6: The best Rolex replicas are made with 904L grade steel.

-- Big fat lie. Good replicas are made with 316L quality steel. Rolex is the one of the few companies that use 904L steel and it costs 3 times as much as 316L. Replicas are not made with 440 steel, either.

Lie #7: Buying a replica watch is risky, but not if you use sellers from "Replica Review" sites.

-- What most people don't know is the "review" sites are owned and operated by the people who run the sites they recommend--it's very incestuous. These "review" sites are clever and it's easy to get taken in by their lies.

Lie #8: You can tell you're getting a good watch after a thorough examination of the web site.

-- Please. If you think everything displayed on the web is true, you deserve to be fleeced. Scam sites lie about everything, from the quality of their goods to their pledge to make sure every customer is happy. Many even post pictures of genuine watches, (Look for pictures where the watch hands are set at "10:10." Pictures of genuine watches seen in advertisements are always set to "10:10.") but send you junk.

Lie #9: Picking a good seller will always result in getting a good watch, one I won't have trouble with.

-- We wish. Quality control in replica watch factories is hit-and-miss, but mostly shoddy. One batch may be great while the next produces watches that are DOA. (Remember, making replica watches is illegal, even in China. Replica watch "factories" are usually small operations that can be easily moved or hidden from prying authorities.) What is true, though, is a good dealer will want to protect his/her reputation and will fix whatever is wrong.

Lie #10: Paying by COD is the best way to get the cheapest price. Plus, I can examine my watch before paying the courier to make sure I get what I paid for.

-- A really dumb thing to do and a huge red flag that you're dealing with a true scammer. They want cash because they know you'll scream foul to your credit card company the moment you see the junk you just paid $1,000 for.

One final point. Remember, replica watches are counterfeit goods. While it is not illegal to purchase or possess replica watches in most countries, it is illegal to sell them. Keep this in mind when using PayPal or communicating with credit card companies.

Lie 2

My rolex gmt2c tt off mary had aaa +++ Sticker on it when I opened box

Confussed.com

dingle
Lie 2

My rolex gmt2c tt off mary had aaa +++ Sticker on it when I opened box

Confussed.com

if it has a sticker, then it must be true :(

Dssd

It was the first a star I ever had :(

mrtrules
In case any actual noobs ever stop by.

Another noob here. Very helpful information indeed. Thanks!

inkech

Great advices. Thanks a lot. Definitely helps a noob like me.

I have a stupid question though...

Is the most expensive watch necessarily the best?

I am looking for a specific Glashutte Senator. One dealer www.greedylady.com sells it for $ 55.00 while another one www.watchesangel.com sells it for 5 time that price! I cannot see any difference from the pix.

Is the more expensive watch better?

Is there a difference at all?

What is the probability that both watches are just the same and coming out of the same factory?

What would you do if you were in my shoes?

I hope that your experience can help me. Great thanks also for this site, it's really interesting.

dingle
Great advices. Thanks a lot. Definitely helps a noob like me.

I have a stupid question though...

Is the most expensive watch necessarily the best?

I am looking for a specific Glashutte Senator. One dealer www.greedylady.com sells it for $ 55.00 while another one www.watchesangel.com sells it for 5 time that price! I cannot see any difference from the pix.

Is the more expensive watch better?

Is there a difference at all?

What is the probability that both watches are just the same and coming out of the same factory?

What would you do if you were in my shoes?

I hope that your experience can help me. Great thanks also for this site, it's really interesting.

your post has been edited to remove the links. Please do not post them again.

Have a read here

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=7456

Flynn

Noob here! thanks for the info!!!

Emy1999

This is great information but still I don't know which website is good or not. There are so many out there. I tried looking at the trusted sites here and either there was no link or mostly parts.

I am looking for the best and most affordable replica Rolex.

Many arrive here with minds polluted by scam sites and scam "review" sites: all peddlers of lies and deception.

In an effort to help cleanse the noobs' minds of this filth, I propose the following 10 common and devious lies and misconceptions

about replica watches, and the business of manufacturing and selling replica watches.

Lie #1: The best replica watches are made in Switzerland, followed closely by Italy.

-- This is the biggest lie of all. All replica watches are made somewhere in Asia, mostly China. Saying that replicas are made in Switzerland or Italy is a lie intended to extract more money from the ignorant.

Lie #2: Replica watches are graded according to quality. C (or whatever) is the lowest and AAA+++ (or whatever) is the highest.

-- Who decides what is "C" and what is "A"? The "International Replica Watch Governing Board"? Pure nonsense designed, again, to get more of your dollars.

Lie #3: The movements in "Swiss made" replicas are identical to the genuine watch movements. 27 jewel movements are the best.

-- (See Lie #1 for "Swiss made".) Far from the truth. Very few replica watch movements come from anywhere but China and any watchman can immediately tell it's not genuine. There are no Asian 27 jewels movements in replica watches; only 25, 21, or 17. (Some newer replicas are powered by an ETA 7753, which does have 27J.)

Lie #4: The best replicas are 99% true to the genuine and will even fool an Authorized Dealer (AD).

-- Not true. While some may be close (picking a number is impossible) to the genuine, all replicas are flawed. Do you really think you can spend $200 or less and get a watch that's 99% identical to a $4,000-20,000 watch? As for fooling ADs, maybe. Common clerks are easily fooled, but seasoned ADs, upon close inspection, will know it's a replica.

Lie #5: The gold on "Swiss grade" replicas is much higher than on other replicas. The crown, bezel, and mid links are solid gold and the full-gold replicas are 5-wrapped (or 6-wrapped, or whatever).

-- While a few models have been shown to have solid gold mid links (Rolex replicas), the rest of the watch is gold plated or double or triple wrapped gold. ("Search" for threads on how this is done.)

Lie #6: The best Rolex replicas are made with 904L grade steel.

-- Big fat lie. Good replicas are made with 316L quality steel. Rolex is the one of the few companies that use 904L steel and it costs 3 times as much as 316L. Replicas are not made with 440 steel, either.

Lie #7: Buying a replica watch is risky, but not if you use sellers from "Replica Review" sites.

-- What most people don't know is the "review" sites are owned and operated by the people who run the sites they recommend--it's very incestuous. These "review" sites are clever and it's easy to get taken in by their lies.

Lie #8: You can tell you're getting a good watch after a thorough examination of the web site.

-- Please. If you think everything displayed on the web is true, you deserve to be fleeced. Scam sites lie about everything, from the quality of their goods to their pledge to make sure every customer is happy. Many even post pictures of genuine watches, (Look for pictures where the watch hands are set at "10:10." Pictures of genuine watches seen in advertisements are always set to "10:10.") but send you junk.

Lie #9: Picking a good seller will always result in getting a good watch, one I won't have trouble with.

-- We wish. Quality control in replica watch factories is hit-and-miss, but mostly shoddy. One batch may be great while the next produces watches that are DOA. (Remember, making replica watches is illegal, even in China. Replica watch "factories" are usually small operations that can be easily moved or hidden from prying authorities.) What is true, though, is a good dealer will want to protect his/her reputation and will fix whatever is wrong.

Lie #10: Paying by COD is the best way to get the cheapest price. Plus, I can examine my watch before paying the courier to make sure I get what I paid for.

-- A really dumb thing to do and a huge red flag that you're dealing with a true scammer. They want cash because they know you'll scream foul to your credit card company the moment you see the junk you just paid $1,000 for.

One final point. Remember, replica watches are counterfeit goods. While it is not illegal to purchase or possess replica watches in most countries, it is illegal to sell them. Keep this in mind when using PayPal or communicating with credit card companies.

dingle
This is great information but still I don't know which website is good or not. There are so many out there. I tried looking at the trusted sites here and either there was no link or mostly parts.

I am looking for the best and most affordable replica Rolex.

welcome to the nuthouse. you need to have a read here

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=7456

:lmao:

Ed22601

ROTFLMAO....

You folks are nuts, I can see I'll fit right in!

I enjoy my replica, but it has a problem and I met a cool Horologist that turned me on to this forum.

Edit: I should add that "Mike McNair" refered me to this site....read threads for hours last evening and enjoyed the information sharing within the forum.

Cheers!

Edited by Ed22601

scaffler
In case any actual noobs ever stop by.

i did thanks for the info great stuff !!!

Tictac

Great info for noobs like me. Doing me deep reading before starting my collection.

I wish I could find a very thin watch with smooth automatic movement...classic or modern look

rakirun

Thanks for the info. I'm a noob and about to dip my toe into the world of reps and this is great advice. Thanks

Member X
Thanks for the info. I'm a noob and about to dip my toe into the world of reps and this is great advice. Thanks

You joined a year ago! :thumbsup2: lol!

gtwc

I think that :-

1) maybe this sticky should now be updated (no offence AllergyDoc) to take account of the great strides

forward in general quality of reps

and

2) that all newbs should be made to read it, and swear allegiance to it, before becoming a member !!!

:death:

baba_ghanoush

Total replica n00b here. Thanks for the info.

SirDomino

Total replica n00b here. Thanks for the info.

Welcome to the Forums!

Fair warning, you truly are entering into a mad house, an addiction that knows no limits...