Silverspeed

How to photograph watches

strapfreak

Maybe someone will post a thread about editing the photos the simple way? :)

TheTradingTeam

Going to be posting my first rep watch up for sale soon and this article includes some great info for us noobs, thanks haha!

black263

Going to be posting my first rep watch up for sale soon and this article includes some great info for us noobs, thanks haha!

Hopefully, you're not just posting randomly to get your post count up. That never ends well.

replicawatchman

Thank you for taking the time to help a photo noob like myself. This encouraged me to get a proper setup as I know it will bring out the beauty of the watch and increase the likelihood of a sale. Just the tripod helped me. And who cant afford a cardboard box with a few pieces of legal size copy paper? However after learning of the wal mart package that is what I'm shooting for.

pj1312

Thanks needed this!!!!!!!!!

Kernow

Shame that due to the greedy barstewards at Photobucket we can't see the photographs!

TheTradingTeam

Hopefully, you're not just posting randomly to get your post count up. That never ends well.

Definitely not.

Will be putting my Rolex Day Date up for sale as soon as I can work out how to post pictures without Photobucket saying "Look who's popular"...

BlutRune
On 12.7.2017 at 08:00, Kernow said:

Shame that due to the greedy barstewards at Photobucket we can't see the photographs!

So you like my signature? lol

Dusk

Yep another thread fubarred by photobucket. Dicks 

shadowmite

I was actually just toying with photography method on my watch today, trying to capture the impact moment of a water droplet on the sapphire. Pretty hard even with adjustable timers. To much variance in my water dropper... Regardless I got this one I'll post up. :)

Water_Rolex.jpg

black263

It's cheating, but why not use an app that gives slow motion video, then choose a frame from the vid.

Glaude
14 hours ago, black263 said:

It's cheating, but why not use an app that gives slow motion video, then choose a frame from the vid.

Video is not usually a succession of still frames, they are sometimes (most of the time but not always) interlaced, meaning that if you stop on a particular frame, you only have half of it and half of the previous or next one, like that :

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "interlaced video"

You also have the progressive method, but then again, not perfect the still image become a bit fuzzy :

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "interlaced video"

alange

Very helpful thread. Thank you.

Ksaeed721

need to pick me up one of those photo boxes as well as a stand, my photography sucks haha

johanliebert

nice setup

JackieChen

Nice technique for taking watches photograph 

muschi_katz

Guess my photography skills wil come in handy (pun intended )... :boobies:

44ALA

Many thanks. I have a long way to go lol.

Grandy

Very informative - I almost want to put something like that together, just to see how it comes out.