wooda

Best JLC Reverso available

Soop

Beautifull ! Is it the croco strap that came with it ?

No, I bought a RIOS Ostrich strap for about €50, very nice quality I might add. I may at one point however, order the (gen) croc strap from Puretime seeing as it comes with the plastic inserts just as the gen which makes it sit slightly better on the wrist. I may also just order a rep fagliano strap in the future, it's been spotted on taobao

http://m.intl.taobao...s=1&abbucket=12

The Fagliano strap is the way to go with that watch, you cant get wrong. Its almost a complety different watch with that strap.

Soop

You learn something every day!! Well.. I'll be honest, I saw that picture but assumed it was a comparison of a Gen vs Rep dial.. I've checked Puretime and yes, it's there as an option! Kudos.. Now if they would ONLY MAKE IT IN MECCHANICAL!!!!!

Please..

Pretty please...

There will be no mechanical version because the movement cannot be repped, or I should say, it's not economically viable to rep the movement

Nothing wrong with the quartz version, no one will ever tell anyway

I realise that a full mecchanical rep is a big ask especially on such a low volume watch, but I'd happily pay money even for a Asian 21J mechanical winding movement over the quartz. Call it the ticking sound.. the fact that you HAVE to wind it.. I think that with that option many more would buy into the watch, even if it's not a 100% rep. I dunno.. probably time someone did a poll and let Puretime know about it. I may be wrong.. but I suspect there are quite a few on the fence about the watch exactly because of the movement.

Having said that I wonder how hard it would be for us take out the Quartz mvmnt and put in an ebay sourced mecchanical one?

The case is too slim for an affordable mechanical movement, thats why they went for the quartz option

With the relatively high demand for ultra thin reps right now, factories could probably come out with high-end ultra thin reps that would be around 6mm, using a clone of ETA 7001. The fact is, that would demand to spend RD money and time developping such a clone movement and cases. However, in the end, they will prefer to invest in numerous ``V6`` versions of watches that already been replicated a thousand times (litterally). And buyers will continue to be fooled by that marketing gimmicks (I mean come on, they could easily got it right the first time, its obviously a way to sell more watches). In my humble opinion, the offering of the factories are a reflection of the knowledge of the people that are into this hobby. 95% wants the best Sub or PAM out of the box, got it and then go on the same pattern in a different hobby. About 3% are fervent horology enthusiasts, interested in finding the most beautiful and meaningful reps out there, out the box or modded. They will collect for some years and eventually go GEN, having a better budget and knowing that few reps will ever give you the satisfaction some GEN will give you. Finally, there's about a 2% hardcore guys, having a great deal of knowledge, especially interested in top frankens and builds (most of the time doing it themselves), that give a LOT of time every year on forums, passing on their knowledge. The day that at least 20% of the base of people in this hobby will have the knowledge of the actual 2% to 5%, understanding that an ultra-thin watch of 5mm or 6mm is not only more desirable but definitly a better horological value than any of the AP ROO, Hublot Big Bang and Subs replica of this world, then maybe (and just maybe) factories will envision producing real interesting pieces, well finished and without mispelling mistake so gross it seems they made it on purpose just to make a V2 of the watch. Cause producing such quality timepiece is possible for them, without cutting much on their profit margin. Now, its in our hands to educate ourselves the most we can and demand in masse for that kind of watches.

jmshen

Small resurrection for a quick question that I didn't think warranted it's own thread:

Can anyone with the JLC tribute 1931 who bought the genuine croc strap tell me the strap lengths? I'm hoping to buy the reverso after CNY (after I get my precious Cornes de Vache first :P) and would love the gen croc because of the plastic insert but I'm worried (read: certain) that it'll be way too long for my baby wrists after therefore a wasted extra $90.

Anyone who can give this info will be much appreciated!

EnglishGent

Kopcap - Love both the watches you have. Do you mind sharing where you sourced the strap for the 2nd : JLC Reverso "Lady" from? 

FoxWilde
51 minutes ago, EnglishGent said:

Kopcap - Love both the watches you have. Do you mind sharing where you sourced the strap for the 2nd : JLC Reverso "Lady" from? 

Bringing a  post back from the dead mate?

AddictedtoVintage

I wonder why ZF doesn't attempt to make a perfect copy of the reverso like they did with the Master Ultra Thin!?

Joshle

I am bringing this thread back as I would love to find a great Reverso Grande one face. Simple nothing special just a great rep... 

Dan092181
On 11/11/2020 at 20:24, Joshle said:

I am bringing this thread back as I would love to find a great Reverso Grande one face. Simple nothing special just a great rep... 

I'm also interested 

Horace Derwent
On 30/07/2019 at 13:27, AddictedtoVintage said:

I wonder why ZF doesn't attempt to make a perfect copy of the reverso like they did with the Master Ultra Thin!?

I think that a Reverso is more complicated to Rep compared to  a Master Ultra Thin.

Anyway, since there is not a 'What JLC are you Wearing Today  ? ' thread, i'll post my nearly 10 years old Reverso Rep, fake Tourbillon (which i hate !! the faux Tourbi, not the Reverso !) 

2.jpg
1.jpg