Sign in to follow this  
SliceMaster

Submariner insert too small

SliceMaster

Hey guys, I just recieved a new bezelinsert for my LV Sub from Watch-Material and it´s too small, simply doesnt fit!!!!

Look at the pic below and plz you modders out there can anyone give me some advice what to do.

subinsert002.jpg

madcatlancelot

I'm not a modder, far from it, my advice is to ask for RA (Return Authorization) number and a refund. :rolleyes:

trailboss99

Now that is odd, they are usualy a tad too large.

Can you mesure the bezel and compare it with another sub rep? If not someone here can mesure one of their collection for you.

It would allmost have to be the watch at fault here.

Col.

KBH

Measure your original insert and check with Wholesaleoutlet990 (I think that's right) on eBay to see if he has one that will fit. Then use the WM pearl on the new one. Or take the pearl out and put it in your old insert. Or contact BK and see what he's got. I know he has lots of spare parts.

That's the only things I can think of.

prestigewatchco

Would have been better off buying the 2 at the same time from me . LV is different from normal sub dial and hands are diferent

KBH

My noob lv is 37.3mm OD and is the same as WM9 Sub.

I have 2 old lv inserts, one is 36.5 and the other is 37.3. I'm not sure where they came from but one is a WM insert that I took the pearl out of.

madcatlancelot

Did a quick caliper measurement of a black sub insert that i have from a noobmariner, the outer diameter measures 37.2mm and inner diameter measures 30.5mm.

KBH

I did mine without a digital caliper so it could be slightly off.

SliceMaster

OK guys thx for your help

I dont have any good measuring tool here but it does seem like my old one is 37.? mm OD and the new one is def. about 1/2 mm smaller spec inside measurement

Hell I didnt know that there were different sizes on these inserts oh well :sh_h:

Guess I have too get a another one from god knows where :fuck:

trailboss99

Ah hang on, if it's only the inside that's wrong it may be quite normal. No gen/after market insert fits directly on to a rep sub appart from the MBWs and WM9s. All other reps need some carefull sanding to fit. It's a bitch if it's the inside but such is life. I imaging this is one of Rob's 50 dollar specials? If so, it's a nice piece but ya gets what ya pays for.

Col.

SliceMaster
Ah hang on, if it's only the inside that's wrong it may be quite normal. No gen/after market insert fits directly on to a rep sub appart from the MBWs and WM9s. All other reps need some carefull sanding to fit. It's a bitch if it's the inside but such is life. I imaging this is one of Rob's 50 dollar specials? If so, it's a nice piece but ya gets what ya pays for.

Col.

No its not one of Roberts Subs but it is a cheap version bought from HOS and it works perfectly since I had it serviced and waterproofed by Rolexaddict so I do wanna get it fixed..so you think I have to sand it down...geez that sounds like fun...NOT

Is there some other place where I could buy one that fits and use the pearl from this one????

JoeyB

Try Clark Watch Parts, he's a recommended dealer here, very honest, knowledgable and very good. He carries gen and aftermarket Rolex parts.

SliceMaster

Well guys after some fiddling I managed to put my old insert back and after more fiddling I did get the pearl from Watch-material glued into its spot so now it looks very good...not as good as a new insert would be but still acceptable,

so thx for your help and support guys, I got 3 answers in all from the 3 other forums so this place is number 1 IMO...my repcollecting started here 3 years ago and this place is still the best :)

greg_r

Congrats on coming up with a workable compromise :)