onzenuub

Breitling Navitimer Montbrillant Datora Review

onzenuub

Not just because of the Review competition but because of the fact there wasn't a nice review f this watch up to know and I have some spare time I did write this review of a beautiful watch.

4406257263_c886406de9_o.jpg

4407024052_807b766c73_o.jpg

The watch brand Breitling was originally founded in 1884 in St. Imier by Leon Breitling, 24 years old.. He wanted to produce high-quality technical watches. As his business expanded, Breitling moved the factory to the Swiss town of La-Chaux-de-Fonds. The Breitling watches are certified chronometers and where designed primarily for aviation use.

After World War I, Breitling began producing chronographs and chronometers strictly for aviation, they were a pioneer in aviation business. In 1915 Breitling invented their first wristwatch chronograph and made several significant developments to this design. In 1923, Breitling was the first watch manufacturer that created a chronograph, with enabling the start and return to zero function, which was also performed by the winding crown. After that, in 1934 Breitling added a second timepiece to the chronograph featuring a cumulative time recording, this invention made the Breitling watch a favorite among pilots.

4406258161_3f35f4e95a_m.jpg

In 1952 Breitling creates the Navitimer, a wrist watch equipped with the famous “navigation computer†capable of handling all calculations called for by a flight plan. This super chronograph quickly becomes a firm favourite among pilots around the globe. By this stage, Breitling is already supplying the major international airlines with cockpit clocks.

4407023690_ef3fcf7b5c_o.jpg4407024322_7d5aa6b009_m.jpg

Did you know that the Breitling Montbrillant Datora watch today was actually created to celebrate the Datora bestseller in the 1940s?

4407024260_8a98ae657e_o.jpg4407023496_41947015a1_m.jpg4407046424_7b38412f9e.jpg

While the design is classic, the timepiece was manufactured with several original features drawn on today's finest technologies. This series features separate day and month windows, while the date is indicated by a half moon center pointer. In addition, this timepiece features a second display showing 24 hour, or military time. This mens watch, featuring a self winding automatic chronograph movement, is the embodiment of precision and ingenuity. The most distinguishing characteristic of the instrumentation on this retro-inspired Breitling is in its date display, which shows the day and the month through adjacent aperture windows, while a half-moon pointer in the center indicates the time of day. Other distinguishing functions on this timepiece include a 1/100th of an hour indicator, a tachometer, a slide-rule and 24-hour military time. And for the world-traveler, the time zones of major international cities are engraved on the back of the case.

The gen comes in four dial colors and the case can be stainless steel or redgold.

4406257577_1ee1dae0f6_m.jpg4406257605_2eb843d78d_m.jpg

4407023852_0832303cd0_m.jpg4407023894_2387b1a45b_m.jpg4407023926_8048e0b9e4_m.jpg

The one I have has a beautiful black dial, and larger 43mm case. The case on the Breitling Montbrillant Datora is slightly larger than the classic Navitimer cases which are 41.5mm. The difference isn’t huge but noticeable. After I received it from Joshua from Perfect Clones I saw the first and biggest flaw, the AR. That is why I did send it to Jacub in Poland for a double AR. Thank God he did send it back to me, others never received there watches. The first picture is like I received it from Joshua, the 2nd picture is after Jacubs doube AR. I changed the Navitimer stainless steel band into a strap bought from Panatime.

4407058488_31042ef7fc_m.jpg4406291897_0642965ae9_m.jpg

The day and month font are bolder on the gen than on the rep. You'll also notice on the Nav wheel that the markers do not go all the way the edge as in the gen. Although the bezel rotates smoothly it is easier to rotate than the gen. The gen has much more resistance so that when you align the markers when doing calculations they stay put. Rep on the left, gen on the right.

4407024486_7ff56965d3.jpg4407024082_f685bbc994.jpg

The subdials are slightly sunken and do have concentric rings as the real deal. On the pictures it is difficult to see, that is because of my skills as a photographer :lol: Again the rep on the left and the gen on the right.

4406258381_39189da0fa.jpg4406258035_b34533e674_o.jpg

The crown and pushers are looking good.

4407024852_2d66d1ee73.jpg4407024120_a22bf7c21d_o.jpg

As said before the time zones of major international cities are engraved on the back of the case. The rep is on the left and the gen is on the right.

4407024804_477590cd34.jpg4407023974_42aa307b56.jpg

Below is a video review of a gen Breitling Navitimer Montbrillant Datora.

The movement of the gen watch is a Valjoux 7751.

4407024022_7174b956f9_o.jpg

Valjoux 7751 - Automatic Chronograph Complete Calendar

Base Cal. 7750 produced since 1973

Center date hand

Day and month window at 12

Stop minute at 12

Synchronized 24h at 9

Stop hour at 6

Moon phase at 6

ø 30 mm - H 7.9 mm

25 Jewels

28800 A/h

Power reserve 44 h

The movement used in the rep is the Asian 7750 with modifications. As this is a day date watch, you must remember when setting the date, make sure you adjust the time so that the hour hand lays between 5 o'clock and 7 o'clock. You can then adjust the date. Once the date is adjusted you should

then adjust the correct time. If you adjust the date when the hour hand is between 8 and 4 o'clock, it can cause the date wheel to freeze. So make sure you follow the instructions carefully. This applies to all IWC, Tag, Breitling watches with Day Date configuration.

Alll in all, the craftmanship is impressive and I really would not have known it was a rep if I didn't know better. It is a beautiful watch! Feels good on the wrist and the black dial and double AR is good. I'm very happy with this Datora.

Below are some more picks. Enjoy!

4407024944_2effba0690.jpg4406258381_39189da0fa.jpg

greg_r

That's a great review, Onze... Awesome! :lol:

dingle

well done onze. ;)

Where did you get this breitling from?

NOTE:please post a link to this in the review competition as well. :lol:

onzenuub
well done onze. :Whistle:

NOTE:please post a link to this in the review competition as well. :lol:

Read Dingle read, as stated in the review it's from Perfect Clones

dingle
well done onze. :D

NOTE:please post a link to this in the review competition as well. :Whistle:

Read Dingle read, as stated in the review it's from Perfect Clones

blind I am......I see it now.......old I am getting.....:lol:

l47340
Not just because of the Review competition but because of the fact there wasn't a nice review f this watch up to know and I have some spare time I did write this review of a beautiful watch.

4406257263_c886406de9_o.jpg

4407024052_807b766c73_o.jpg

The watch brand Breitling was originally founded in 1884 in St. Imier by Leon Breitling, 24 years old.. He wanted to produce high-quality technical watches. As his business expanded, Breitling moved the factory to the Swiss town of La-Chaux-de-Fonds. The Breitling watches are certified chronometers and where designed primarily for aviation use.

After World War I, Breitling began producing chronographs and chronometers strictly for aviation, they were a pioneer in aviation business. In 1915 Breitling invented their first wristwatch chronograph and made several significant developments to this design. In 1923, Breitling was the first watch manufacturer that created a chronograph, with enabling the start and return to zero function, which was also performed by the winding crown. After that, in 1934 Breitling added a second timepiece to the chronograph featuring a cumulative time recording, this invention made the Breitling watch a favorite among pilots.

4406258161_3f35f4e95a_m.jpg

In 1952 Breitling creates the Navitimer, a wrist watch equipped with the famous “navigation computer†capable of handling all calculations called for by a flight plan. This super chronograph quickly becomes a firm favourite among pilots around the globe. By this stage, Breitling is already supplying the major international airlines with cockpit clocks.

4407023690_ef3fcf7b5c_o.jpg4407024322_7d5aa6b009_m.jpg

Did you know that the Breitling Montbrillant Datora watch today was actually created to celebrate the Datora bestseller in the 1940s?

4407024260_8a98ae657e_o.jpg4407023496_41947015a1_m.jpg4407046424_7b38412f9e.jpg

While the design is classic, the timepiece was manufactured with several original features drawn on today's finest technologies. This series features separate day and month windows, while the date is indicated by a half moon center pointer. In addition, this timepiece features a second display showing 24 hour, or military time. This mens watch, featuring a self winding automatic chronograph movement, is the embodiment of precision and ingenuity. The most distinguishing characteristic of the instrumentation on this retro-inspired Breitling is in its date display, which shows the day and the month through adjacent aperture windows, while a half-moon pointer in the center indicates the time of day. Other distinguishing functions on this timepiece include a 1/100th of an hour indicator, a tachometer, a slide-rule and 24-hour military time. And for the world-traveler, the time zones of major international cities are engraved on the back of the case.

The gen comes in four dial colors and the case can be stainless steel or redgold.

4406257577_1ee1dae0f6_m.jpg4406257605_2eb843d78d_m.jpg

4407023852_0832303cd0_m.jpg4407023894_2387b1a45b_m.jpg4407023926_8048e0b9e4_m.jpg

The one I have has a beautiful black dial, and larger 43mm case. The case on the Breitling Montbrillant Datora is slightly larger than the classic Navitimer cases which are 41.5mm. The difference isn’t huge but noticeable. After I received it from Joshua from Perfect Clones I saw the first and biggest flaw, the AR. That is why I did send it to Jacub in Poland for a double AR. Thank God he did send it back to me, others never received there watches. The first picture is like I received it from Joshua, the 2nd picture is after Jacubs doube AR. I changed the Navitimer stainless steel band into a strap bought from Panatime.

4407058488_31042ef7fc_m.jpg4406291897_0642965ae9_m.jpg

The day and month font are bolder on the gen than on the rep. You'll also notice on the Nav wheel that the markers do not go all the way the edge as in the gen. Although the bezel rotates smoothly it is easier to rotate than the gen. The gen has much more resistance so that when you align the markers when doing calculations they stay put. Rep on the left, gen on the right.

4407024486_7ff56965d3.jpg4407024082_f685bbc994.jpg

The subdials are slightly sunken and do have concentric rings as the real deal. On the pictures it is difficult to see, that is because of my skills as a photographer :wub: Again the rep on the left and the gen on the right.

4406258381_39189da0fa.jpg4406258035_b34533e674_o.jpg

The crown and pushers are looking good.

4407024852_2d66d1ee73.jpg4407024120_a22bf7c21d_o.jpg

As said before the time zones of major international cities are engraved on the back of the case. The rep is on the left and the gen is on the right.

4407024804_477590cd34.jpg4407023974_42aa307b56.jpg

Below is a video review of a gen Breitling Navitimer Montbrillant Datora.

The movement of the gen watch is a Valjoux 7751.

4407024022_7174b956f9_o.jpg

Valjoux 7751 - Automatic Chronograph Complete Calendar

Base Cal. 7750 produced since 1973

Center date hand

Day and month window at 12

Stop minute at 12

Synchronized 24h at 9

Stop hour at 6

Moon phase at 6

ø 30 mm - H 7.9 mm

25 Jewels

28800 A/h

Power reserve 44 h

The movement used in the rep is the Asian 7750 with modifications. As this is a day date watch, you must remember when setting the date, make sure you adjust the time so that the hour hand lays between 5 o'clock and 7 o'clock. You can then adjust the date. Once the date is adjusted you should

then adjust the correct time. If you adjust the date when the hour hand is between 8 and 4 o'clock, it can cause the date wheel to freeze. So make sure you follow the instructions carefully. This applies to all IWC, Tag, Breitling watches with Day Date configuration.

Alll in all, the craftmanship is impressive and I really would not have known it was a rep if I didn't know better. It is a beautiful watch! Feels good on the wrist and the black dial and double AR is good. I'm very happy with this Datora.

Below are some more picks. Enjoy!

4407024944_2effba0690.jpg4406258381_39189da0fa.jpg

I'm doggedly pursuing the perfect (rep) watch, and this exact model has come up on my radar multiple times, but the question I always have to ask myself is, with so many complications running on the 7750, how reliable is it and will it last more than a few weeks before it grinds to a $300 halt?

Any information with regards to how this watch stands up to the test of time would be greatly appreciated, thanks amigos.

onzenuub

No need to duplicate my entire post, the watch is 2 years old and still running like a new one :wub:

Aren

Very nice review Onze.

I have some difficulty seeing the hands on the faces of the Breitlings,

but they are very nice looking watches.

:)

ML_2_

Hey Onzenuub, great review!

I'm a new member and I'm really interested in the Montbrillant Datora. I see this review is a couple years old now, is the watch still running? Any regrets with this purchase? Thanks for the help!

Rav747

I have this and wear it often. It's a fantastic rep and a great alternate to a Navi. Rumor has it that they don't sell this a anymore. I could be wrong through. Shoot toro or Mary a pm. Even the white face is awesome.

onzenuub
Hey Onzenuub, great review! I'm a new member and I'm really interested in the Montbrillant Datora. I see this review is a couple years old now, is the watch still running? Any regrets with this purchase? Thanks for the help!

The watch is still running and nooooooooo regrets.

MakeIdee

Hey Guys,

after reading the review, i would like to buy one of these beauties. Now i found a really big price difference between Perfect Clones with a price tag of $388 and Puretime, where they want just $288 for that watch.

Are their two different versions? Is the PC in any way better, so that the 100 bugs more would make sense to spend? :mellow:

Greetings from Germany

kennycoder

As far as I remember, there are two version of this watch. The main difference is the rotating bezel. Font is quite different and the gap between the dial and the bezel has been reduced. Unfortunately it seems that the newer version that every dealer has right now, has incorrect bezel font and some other markings are a little bit off to. Still worth the money cause it is a stunning piece.

Regarding your question, it seems that it is the same watch. Puretime has it cheaper so go for it.

MakeIdee

Thanks a lot! :)

tx joe momma

Great review, How is your rep holding up years later?

onzenuub

Good.

Khronos

I love the looks of this purdy piece of metal and would like to know if it's as good as other Bert super reps such as SOSF2 or the Abyss? Or is it so so? Toro can supply the piece for 358$,which seems quite reasonable if it's a decent rep. Love the white dial version on SS..

Edited by thrn

onzenuub

I love the looks of this purdy piece of metal and would like to know if it's as good as other Bert super reps such as SOSF2 or the Abyss? Or is it so so? Toro can supply the piece for 358$,which seems quite reasonable if it's a decent rep. Love the white dial version on SS..

If you're not blind you can see how it looks compared to the gen in the pictures. If you're blind you don't need it because you cann't see the time.

dec132

I just got a coffee/white dial version from Mary/Rochest and I'm loving it. Toro is great too, but I paid a bit less. I think it's a beautiful watch and has a ton of features, but probably not a super rep b/c the dial does not line up perfectly and the AR not as good as some others. Having said that, I never actually line up the dial anyway so I don't think anyone would ever notice or look.

Khronos

If you're not blind you can see how it looks compared to the gen in the pictures. If you're blind you don't need it because you cann't see the time.

Thanks man, such an informative and humorous answer, really enjoyed this one, hilarious.

You, if anyone, probably know by now, that you can't judge watches by the pictures. Sometimes they're much different in real life. I haven't seen this rep in flesh before, so I was wondering if anyone could provide some useful feedback.

@dec132: Thank you very much!! I'll contact Toro for more info, he's my regular TD.

I'm not gonna debate on this subject anymore, not in the mood, just found out today I'm gonna have to eutanise my dog that I love with all my heart in a day or two. But such an amusing reply right there, wow...

onzenuub

Thanks man, such an informative and humorous answer, really enjoyed this one, hilarious.

You, if anyone, probably know by now, that you can't judge watches by the pictures. Sometimes they're much different in real life. I haven't seen this rep in flesh before, so I was wondering if anyone could provide some useful feedback.

@dec132: Thank you very much!! I'll contact Toro for more info, he's my regular TD.

I'm not gonna debate on this subject anymore, not in the mood, just found out today I'm gonna have to eutanise my dog that I love with all my heart in a day or two. But such an amusing reply right there, wow...

Sorry about the dog mate, take care.

FL13

Gentlemen. 1st post and all.

I have joined this forum for the specific topic of the best possible Monrbrillant Datora Replica.

I have found watches I like at a few places and was hoping you could advise me on which route to take.

I'm leaving the links cold

Perfect Clones: http://www.perfect-c...onos-p-934.html

E-Efore.org: http://www.e-efore.o...1lt-p-1382.html

BGWatchus: http://www.bgwatchus...ches-p-305.html

I want it to be the 43mm case with 22mm bands version.

Also, some state a 7750 movement, others a 7751 (which is the 7750 mod. per Valjoux to have the day/month at 12?)

Almost all CLAIM swiss Valjoux but I'm assuming it's the Asian Valjoux clone.

Anyway, This is THE watch I'm interested in and my Buddy has a Real version to which I will compare, so i want the BEST Replica I don't have to spend $1000+ on :)

Thanks guys!

SN13

Edited to add: Also, who is Mary/Rochest or Toro? Are they vendors? Thanks again!

Edited by sn13

andyboy

Try the new members section

SN13

Ishmael

I recently picked one of these up. Sent a lot of inquiries to almost all of the TDs, and all but one came back and said they were out of stock. There is a new model the cartels are making to replace the old one. But compared to the gen, the old one is far better IMO. At least the older style is better looking I think. The one TD that found it for me is Michelle @ Silix. Check out her site, shoot her an email, and she'll set you up. Mine was $318 not including shipping I believe. Here's a shot:

69D30BA1-07A8-43EE-B14A-35F2EB6E3241_zps923cp5s0.jpg

Batespcm
I recently picked one of these up. Sent a lot of inquiries to almost all of the TDs, and all but one came back and said they were out of stock. There is a new model the cartels are making to replace the old one. But compared to the gen, the old one is far better IMO. At least the older style is better looking I think. The one TD that found it for me is Michelle @ Silix. Check out her site, shoot her an email, and she'll set you up. Mine was $318 not including shipping I believe. Here's a shot:

69D30BA1-07A8-43EE-B14A-35F2EB6E3241_zps923cp5s0.jpg

That is nice I bet you have the urge to sell that to me :lol: