Sign in to follow this  
rock4mayo

New Tag??

rock4mayo

hello, my sister send me a picture for tag heuer carrera calibre 16, she said is the new model, but i doubt it's a new model of calibre 16, so need expert to confirm, so i can confirm her to buy it

Thank you

CB82D4DF-DA44-4A24-972E-CA7B434EEDD2-133-000000209C8A0832.jpg

7B90C82E-7820-4465-8FDD-57E3F9AD7ACE-133-00000020A242041C.jpg

sorry, pic is terrible lighting

jacobarch

why does it look used?

rock4mayo

i think so, but she said that is the plastic protected that watch.

crown and two push button had a red circular color so i doubt that is a replica, maybe a fantasy model?

Edited by rock4mayo

raevyn00

Why does it say Calibre 16 on the dial and calibre 36 on the pendulum?

court

Meters is mispelt.

Wriggles

Are you asking if it's a rep of a new model or a gen?

Personally I've been looking at a lot of Tag's and not seen one like this, and as the last poster the calibre model on the movement pendulum is not the same as the dial.

Additionally any calibre models have the Tag badge to the left of the date marker not above it, but the pictures not so clear so can't be sure.

I'd say a poor enough rep, and I would not think a gen

vonGluberschmidt

this is a hack.

and a terrible hack at that.

do NOT buy this.

rock4mayo

hmmm..,I think it should be canceled

thank you all for the advised :)

vonGluberschmidt

WEB_ZOOMCV2A1F.BA0796_large.png

that's a Gen Calibre 16.

Wriggles

Not trying to be smart here and no insult intended to vonGluberschmidt. That's a Calibre 16 Day Date, standard Calibre 16 chrono has no date and the Tag badge in the position where the date is in the previously posted model (haven't figured out how to post pictures yet ----- I'm just a Noob!!!!)

vonGluberschmidt

Not trying to be smart here and no insult intended to vonGluberschmidt. That's a Calibre 16 Day Date, standard Calibre 16 chrono has no date and the Tag badge in the position where the date is in the previously posted model (haven't figured out how to post pictures yet ----- I'm just a Noob!!!!)

indeed.

but what the OP posted is a piece of junk hack rep that will rot his wrist off.

thank you for clarification sir.

Wriggles

indeed.

Completely agree, very very poor fantasy model/crap rep

TAGster

That is a terrible replica try of the Calibre 16.

You can tell by a one simple flaw: in the case back it´s written "100 metwrs" ;)

Tell your sister to stay away from that, unless the price is around 5 quid.

Cheers mate!

TAGster

indeed.

As Mr. lmibcn, I´m not trying to be a smart ass here, but I wanted just to add another little piece of information: the photo that Mr. vonGluberschmidt kindly shared with us, corresponds to a limited edition of the Calibre 16 Day Date called: "Monaco Grand Prix".

Cheers mates!

Edited by TAGster

Theduke.williams

Even the most novice watch fancier would see that this is a total fake, 'Metwrs' and winder counterweight having the wrong model number (Calibre 36 - which I gather is a common mistake). Even I would steer clear of this one and I'm a noob of the first order.

court

As Mr. lmibcn, I´m not trying to be a smart ass here, but I wanted just to add another little piece of information: the photo that Mr. vonGluberschmidt kindly shared with us, corresponds to a limited edition of the Calibre 16 Day Date called: "Monaco Grand Prix".

Cheers mates!

Really???

What were the subtle clues that told you that? :nisvr:

:lmao2:

sgtguk

Lmao :lmao:

rock4mayo

thank you all for all opinion, she is in guangzhou right now and looking for other shop.and i asked her for looking this model

8DC54089-3A66-4B8B-882D-A0F73A2FBC9E-1301-00000167FE0FC2FA.jpg

ADEB9C07-C38C-4373-8EEF-C66EEB3B0DB1-1301-000001693D3ED3F3.jpg

this is the right reps closed to the gen?

thank you

court

thank you all for all opinion, she is in guangzhou right now and looking for other shop.and i asked her for looking this model

this is the right reps closed to the gen?

thank you

That model is a very good rep with a few slight differences from the gen (Cotes de Geneve stripes on the rotor Arrowhead on the G of TAG) but a great watch all the same.

Wriggles

The rep's of this sold by the TD's on this forum are I believe excellent and very close to gen. This may not be the case from any of the sellers your sister deals with in GZ but hopefully it works out for you.

Best of luck!