Sign in to follow this  
drfeelgood

Re-introducing myself

drfeelgood

Hi all,

I just registered again last night as I have been away from the forums for a really long time. I first joined this forum years ago together with replica collector which i think is now a different site. I had a couple of watches from abay and ms. King. If you were in the forums that time, you knew who they were. :) Happy to say all the reps after 10-11 years are still working fine. A ms. King sub i gave to my dad who tortured it. Yes it will need some repairs. A lost bezel insert and a new face but the ss and the movement is still topnotch.

Anyway, i went from reps to gens in '05. A sub, a bond seamaster, a moonwatch , a first gen panny and a jlc. the only rep that i had left was an explorer I which i still use daily. That being my rep pam111 was replaced to a 1st gen pam111 which i lost and misplaced a couple years ago when my first child was born. I could not accept the fact that i misplaced the panny so i looked for it for over 2 years now. It is time to accept that it is lost and I could not and do not want to buy a gen one. So here I am again and my this site has changed. I think there was a server migration a few years back and i lost my original username. Reading through, it looks like the noob v3 is the best pam out there now. So i will probably order one in a day or two. :)

greg_r

Welcome back! :D

Yeah, the original RWG went down in 2008. Blade (the admin) was AWOL so we picked up what we could and moved it here (unfortunately that didn't include the database).

Yes, the noob 111 v3 is as good as it gets - very close to gen indeed. :)

onionbag

Hello and welcome back. :)

Electron17

Hello and welcome back to RWG, hope you can find some good watches to buy and restart your rep collection.

vvilly69

Welcome to the forum mate and what a great name.......they just happen to have created one of my favourite songs ever!

Funky Fuckers!

Greenhat

Welcome to the forum mate and what a great name.......they just happen to have created one of my favourite songs ever!

Funky Fuckers!

Shame about wilko don't you think?

vvilly69

Funky Fuckers!

Shame about wilko don't you think?

Yes poor bastard, I just loved his intense style.....unique.

gtwc

Hello and welcome back ('tho you've been around longer than I have.)

Enjoy the new RWG 'Family lite Home'.

PS to GH: yeah, shame aboult Wilko.

drfeelgood

whoa... that's some timing. I did not even know what happened to wilko until i googled it. yeah it's a shame on what happened to him. thanks all for the warm welcome. look at my 10 year old daily wearer. she is not perfect but none of my friends actually dared to ask me if she was a rep or a gen. not bad for $115. i think that's what I paid for it at the time. now I am looking at reps are scary accurate. makes me want to think twice before purchasing pre-owned gens. :)

IMG_6781_zps7843e376.jpgIMG_6782_zps1c9addde.jpg