Sign in to follow this  
timeisprecious

when purchasing first watchnto aus

timeisprecious

Hi all

I want to buy my first replica from one of the trusted dealers but do not want to use Western Union online and dont have offices here. I am looking for a good quality Breitling or Pam ( unsure yet depending on dealer ) l have read about all the great ones for our Euro friends but wanted to know if any one reccomendedca particular dealer for down under. Budget around $400

Thanks in advance

James.

Breitling OR PAM are two completely different styles. For $400 and a bit more you can getone of each that is mid range. Browse the wristchecks and see what watches you lime before choosing.

in terms of best dealer for oz, I've bought from every TD and never had any issues to Sydney.

wat44

Aren't they in aust post stores?

ronin007

Sent a super ocean abyss to aus , no problems at all,can give you buyers reference,got a new super ocean steel fish for sale in sales section,

wat44

:fac

timeisprecious

Thanks Semaj. Good to hear that. There definitly seems to be some differences in quality between some of the earlier generations and the new ones coming out now and normally a breitling superocean would be my cup of tea but the simplicity of the Pam is growing fast. If you didnt use W.U rembering description rules do you use paypal or anther form to complete transaction..

timeisprecious

thanks ronin007

will check out and come back to you:)

timeisprecious

thanks guys all good info will check out all suggestions and Aus Post.

Arism

I've used moneygram to pay before. Convienient and discreet too; self service kiosk at the 7/11 :lol:

SSTEEL

WU has come along way from back in the day, and now you can use it safely online, and can use it to send payments twice before having to verify your account.

This verification process is very simple. You choose to verify, and WU will send you the required form to fill in by registered post, you fill this in, and take photo copies of your ID/Drivers Licence/passport, sign and date, and send back in the pre-paid envelope, hell, you can even email them your docs which saves time. All the details are sent to you in the same package.

I am talking from experience too, as back in the day before WU had an online payment system set up, I got scammed in 2005 when sending someone some money, and back then I had to go to my local travel agent to wire the money.

As said, things have changed so much now with regards WU, as long as you trust the seller, you have no worries to send your payment via WU, but be aware, you will incur a WU charge for wiring your payment, usually around £7GBP for £200 sent.

Edited by SSTEEL

watchguysydney

WU are everywhere in Australia. What is the issue with their website?

People are often scared of WU and Money gram. These are perfectly legitimate and significant global businesses.

Use with confidence

Overport

I have used both Paypal and W.U. for reps into Aus with no drama's. I find PP a bit easier and somewhat cheaper.

You can get WU at most post outlets here. You will be asked for ID tho, particularly if the amount is over $1000. This is due to anti money laundering rule changes here in Oz.

Enjoy your rep!

Edited by Overport