Sign in to follow this  
lildaddym

Bell & Ross 01-94

lildaddym

new%2001-94%203.jpg

Bell and Ross, founded in 1992, designed the BR 01 Instrument series after an airplane cockpit, which requires the utmost in readability in an instant. The colors of the markings, on black, white, or carbon fiber faces, meet that standard. There are a number of different bands available, from rubber to leather. The Swiss automatic movements in the gens are some of the most accurate and reliable in the world.

The gen BR01-94 is a 46mm square by 10mm thickness timepiece, that comes in black, carbon fiber and silver, with a number of different faces and marking colors. This rep has the same dimensions.

Appearance:

This rep has all of the proper markings, with the name in the correct location at the top, spaced properly between the 2 on the watch face.

new%2001-94%2014.jpg

The dials, as well, are correct, with the 12-hour, 30-minute, and 60-second counters at 6, 3, and 9, respectively. The ‘Ltd’ marking is in place, and the date dial is the correct color. One drawback: The outside edge of the date opening has the silver, with some etching, unlike the gen. Weight is within a couple of grams of the gen. This watch has a sapphire crystal, but it is not hard to read in daylight.

new%2001-94%209.jpg

The case is the proper black satin, but the back is smoother, with all of the things expected on the gen, but some details missing. The serial number is not exclusive. The band looks and feels quality, and the buckle has ‘01’ engraved.

new%2001-94%2015.jpg

It also seems to be painted in the satin black the rest of the watch is.

Inner workings: This rep is advertised to have a quartz Swiss ETA movement, but I have not opened the watch to confirm this.

Some of the other features:

Photoluminescent hands, markings, which actually does work!

new%2001-94%2017.jpg

new%2001-94%2013.jpg

Screw-down crown

Fully operable stopwatch, with seconds at 3, stopwatch hours at 6, and stopwatch minutes at 9, identical to the gen

There are the requisite allen screws for removing the band.

Some of the differences include no allen screws in the back, and the ‘Hand Made’ is missing from the band.

Operation:

As previously stated, the 01-94 has a fully functional stopwatch, with the feel of the buttons above and below the crown that says ‘quality.’ They have a very solid action. Like most reps, the top button is the start/stop, with the bottom resetting the chrono. Unlike most reps, the bottom button, while the chrono is running, acts as a lap timer, meaning, one can stop the chronograph, record a time, and press the bottom button again to have the watch continue with that function. Stopwatch demonstration

The screw-down crown takes about 1.25 turns to release. Once that is accomplished, a short pull will allow adjustment of the date. A longer pull allows hour/minute setting.

Fit: One would think that a watch that is 46mm (1.77 inches) would be large, and one would be right. But once this is on your arm, although it takes a bit of getting used to, it works. I have a 158mm (6.25 in.) wrist, and it does not look totally ridiculous. The rubber strap still has a hole to go! The leather band, on the other hand, needed another hole or two.

new%2001-94%2012.jpg

Conclusion:

I was much more impressed with this rep than the first one I got, which was approximately $100 USD, but this one did cost twice as much. Only those that are into watches, besides those that deal with them for a serious hobby or profession, will be able to tell the difference while it’s on your arm.

Edited by lildaddym

KBH

Very good review. I am curious as to what movement it is though.

It's unlikely that it's Swiss Eta unless you're talking about Eta quartz movement. You implied the cost was around $200 which would certainly eliminate Swiss 7750 and probably also the Asian clone 7750.

Regardless, it's a nice looking watch and seems to have great lume.

lildaddym

I wish I knew...but I can't trust the seller to tell me accurately, since the didn't send me the correct watch to begin with. This one was $235.

Very good review. I am curious as to what movement it is though.

It's unlikely that it's Swiss Eta unless you're talking about Eta quartz movement. You implied the cost was around $200 which would certainly eliminate Swiss 7750 and probably also the Asian clone 7750.

Regardless, it's a nice looking watch and seems to have great lume.

greg_r

Good review!

I'm assuming this is one of the quartz models, yes?

oscarmadfish

nice

Member X

It must be a quartz model, mustn't it? No-one's repped this seconds at 3 movement yet, have they? Which is why there's no Tag Monaco rep? :daffy:

Where was it bought from?

I'm impressed with the lume shot :angrymob: although 3 seconds exposure is cheating :nana: lol

KinCaidk

This is the quartz version.

Robert has the 7750 sec @ 3. $299

lildaddym

This was bought from Progiftstore, not on the list of trusted buyers...I have another post about that.

Well, I wanted to shoot it in the dark, at least as much as possible! It took me half an hour just to work that out! LOL

It must be a quartz model, mustn't it? No-one's repped this seconds at 3 movement yet, have they? Which is why there's no Tag Monaco rep? :huh:

Where was it bought from?

I'm impressed with the lume shot :) although 3 seconds exposure is cheating ;) lol

greg_r
This was bought from Progiftstore, on on the list of trusted buyers...I have another post about that.

Progiftstore? They are most certainly NOT on the trusted list....

graman

Hmmmmm!........ :)

lildaddym

I had committed to it before I found this site!! I did mean to say not in my post!

This was bought from Progiftstore, on on the list of trusted buyers...I have another post about that.

Edited by lildaddym

greg_r
I had committed to it before I found this site!! I did mean to say not in my post!

hahaha - fair enough. I edited your post to make that clear. I seem to recall that we banned those guys as spammers way back when, actually...

lildaddym

I wish I had known...they're still bugging me... :wave: They won't work with me at all, and yeah, I might be being a bit unreasonable...

hahaha - fair enough. I edited your post to make that clear. I seem to recall that we banned those guys as spammers way back when, actually...

greg_r

Oh, being unreasonable is probably the best approach. It might not get you anywhere, but you'll feel better :wave:

dingle
Oh, being unreasonable is probably the best approach. It might not get you anywhere, but you'll feel better ;)

yep....tell them to pound sand. :wave:

lildaddym

Yeah, I'm definitely being unreasonable...I asked them to send me the proper watch in advance of me sending the one I have back...or at least pay the shipping to them. The won't budge...

Oh, being unreasonable is probably the best approach. It might not get you anywhere, but you'll feel better :D

greg_r

hmm yep. Normally, I'd expect to have to send the watch back first, but with these guys that idea would make me decidedly nervous. My guess is that would be the last you'd see of watch or dough.

lildaddym

They did ask for that first...and I, like you, were nervous, especially since they welched on the first promise. I got a note from them today...let you know what transpires...

hmm yep. Normally, I'd expect to have to send the watch back first, but with these guys that idea would make me decidedly nervous. My guess is that would be the last you'd see of watch or dough.

greg_r

Good luck! :giggle:

GC

Excelent review!!!

And not to forget, a Stunner of a watch also!!!

Bravo!

lildaddym

Thanks, sir! I hope I win!

Excelent review!!!

And not to forget, a Stunner of a watch also!!!

Bravo!

lildaddym

The latest...they offered the proper case a week ago, saying they had it, and wanted $20. I can handle that, so I send the funds three days ago. Now they tell me that they DON'T have it! Don't know if I'm going to get my money back or not...can't really work it out via PP, either...

watchwing

Yes,good watch,and I also want to know what is the movement?

lildaddym

The movement is a Ronda 5030.D...