Del

Rep v Gen: SuperOcean 44

BentleySharp

Before you said so, i thought the right one was the gen! great pictures. Excellent rep. Bravo.

E-man82

sweet!!

that's setting the standard for how good a rep should be.

rusty peters

.....why buy the real one?

You do know that it's my "real one" in the photos, yes?!

The rep is excellent but you still can't beat a gen, or the feeling it gives you. ;)

I'm with you, Del. I am considering buying a gen version of this watch. Even if the rep is as close as it looks to be, there is something gratifying about owning the real deal.

Has anybody opened theirs up to confirm that it is an A2824 and not some hi beat 21J or other shenanigans?

ivanap

I want 1! Super nice rep breitling ever made,which TD selling the best versions btw?

timetobuyawatch

The only two tells I could see where the length of the stem on the rep was longer and the "Breitling 1884" writing on the clasp was not as crisp. Did anyone see any others? Thanks for the post Del!

yes. the superlume dots are not so accurate on the rep. the yellow on the superocean writing and second arrow is not the same yellow. the thickness of the superocean writing is thicker (as normal) on the rep.

does anyone know where this was bought? and is it double AR?

Edited by dailydrifter99

simey83

Great watch! Mine says hi :)

10115762775_536096c102_c.jpg

11051466755_5b866d50d3_c.jpg

northantsrich

The more I look at the rep strap the more I think its a gen. Its not the noob best version as it has the 134A stamped on it! I have looked high and low and can't find that on ANY rep. I eaven had Toro phone the noob factory and he said they never did it!

Del
The more I look at the rep strap the more I think its a gen. Its not the noob best version as it has the 134A stamped on it! I have looked high and low and can't find that on ANY rep. I eaven had Toro phone the noob factory and he said they never did it!

I have no idea what you are talking about. :dunno:

northantsrich

On the rep you pictured it has the 134A stamped on the bottom right of the picture (as per gen). On all the pictures I have seen from the TD I can't find the same stamp. All I am saying is I don't think the strap is from the noob factory as they don/t have that stamp on the pictures I have seen.

Del

On the rep you pictured it has the 134A stamped on the bottom right of the picture (as per gen). On all the pictures I have seen from the TD I can't find the same stamp. All I am saying is I don't think the strap is from the noob factory as they don/t have that stamp on the pictures I have seen.

Ah, ok.

You do know that my gen is on the left in every pic? From what I can see, the rep doesn't have 134A stamped on the end links. I've just checked my gen and both end links are stamped 134A on the rear, right hand side as you look at it with the watch side upwards.

The bracelet on the rep SO44 in my pics is not gen, I can assure you. Hazz may still have it and can confirm what is stamped on the bracelet (doesn't look the same as the gen to me).

northantsrich

Hey Del,

The best I can do is the below. It looks like the end link on the rep is stamped with the 134A.

del_zps7f978945.png

nofitstate

Really need to get myself one of these in the new year....Just hope someone overspends over Christmas and needs to sell theirs on M2M.

northantsrich

Really need to get myself one of these in the new year....Just hope someone overspends over Christmas and needs to sell theirs on M2M.

Good luck, they seem to be all sold out!!

nofitstate

Good luck, they seem to be all sold out!!

That's what I'm hearing...Had to pass one up on M2M a couple of weeks ago :( The missus Christmas present came first. Come the new year I'm back in the game, so if anyone has one to sell, send me a PM.

Del
Hey Del, The best I can do is the below. It looks like the end link on the rep is stamped with the 134A. del_zps7f978945.png

Don't know what that says but it doesn't look like 134A to me. Anyway, ask Hazz - it's his watch! ;)

venom43

almost a year old.....but a hell of a review....been looking at the blue version.....can't wait.

Royale Pearl

nice comparison

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

thats how it should be done.....

I hope to emulate those kind of pics on my side by side... I will do soon

Mariner89

can you by chance let me know what dealer the rep came from ... thats a fine piece and i think it will be my next ... cheers :)

Del

Glad you enjoyed the comparison. :)

Note (again) that the rep isn't mine, it belongs to Hazz.

willj1991

Is Noob's SuperOcean Abyss 44 still considered the best and of highest quality?

EDIT: found answer myself

Edited by willj1991

Del

Is Noob's SuperOcean Abyss 44 still considered the best and of highest quality?

EDIT: found answer myself

Search for yourself.

Well done! :D

avc0002

they are pretty close

Butcher

The only two tells I could see where the length of the stem on the rep was longer and the "Breitling 1884" writing on the clasp was not as crisp. Did anyone see any others? Thanks for the post Del!

Thats funny,, Those are the only differences i see as well!!

rawbaws

Anybody know if any TD can still get hold of these? (non chrono) or anyone want to part with their beloved :giggle: