KBH

Expectations of a replica watch

lucyqueen

I dont know y some ppl have same expectations of high standard as of a high standard branded watch,when they r not paying high standard price.

Funny stuff is ,when i try to sell one of my replica watch on a local website for £80 ppl often asked me " is it a genuine watch'' yeah offcourse itz a genuine watch and im an idiot . Shocked.gif

yes, of course this is what im thinking, just you get what you pay for.

srobinson789

Very good article for a noob like me. Thanks.

dwight007

joined yesterday..ive owned probably at least 20 replicas over the last 20 years, been at it quite a while...owned replicas even before the internet..anyway ive been fortunate buying online as well...ive been reading up recently just for my own edification and from what ive read perhaps 8 or 9 out of 10 replica sites online are crappy, hence the importance of a forum like this one. I note that two of the dealers on your trusted list (perfectclones and Slilx ) have bad reviews elsewhere. Im Dwight, a native Jamaican living in Spain at the moment. looks like ive found a good place to shoot the breeze and get and share useful info .

chadders

Although I'm new to this I do realise that I may have to adjust my expectations as far as the movements and finishing are concerned. It seems to me with the reps you are mainly paying for good (from photos I've seen sometimes really, really good) cosmetic copies, not necessarily the "inner workings". Anyway I'll try not to expect too much!

greg_r

Although I'm new to this I do realise that I may have to adjust my expectations as far as the movements and finishing are concerned. It seems to me with the reps you are mainly paying for good (from photos I've seen sometimes really, really good) cosmetic copies, not necessarily the "inner workings". Anyway I'll try not to expect too much!

Some of the movements are very high quality - and occasionally very close to what you'll find in the gen (there are actually one or two instances of the exact same movement as the gen). Others, not so much ;)

dwight007

you don't always get what you pay for, but you almost never get anything you don't pay for...something to bear in mind when purchasing..

flyfishng2

thank you for the article. adding to my new journey from mainstream middle priced watches (bulova, Movado, Seiko) into the world of replicas

jonny kirk-patrick

Interesting read, thanks

princeofdark

Thanks for the info :)

Action Ocelot

I too understand that there are different expectations around price etc but I have a rep Sea-dweller (not sure on the movement - sorry, noob) but it has a fantastic smooth sweeping motion and when unused lasts 4 days without movement. My mates legit version lasts 2 days... Never understood that! Quality varies a lot though with my other watches in collection.

Web12365

Thanks for the info.

Mallybajan

Good post.

bananakid0

Some great advice: always requires a slight leap of faith buying online I find.

DJ-Pir

Good post to start reading for me, starting out as a noob here :-)

It should be quite obvious for everyone that you get what you pay for so if you want the real thing just put up the cash :-)

Greetz, Peter

RANGER6621

Hey guys,

Wow.

Instead of just cut-n-pasting my reply to the "Top Ten Lies" posting for all of us newbies i just read and replied to, I'll simply say that although this posting is more philosophical, or more of a thinking post as opposed to the Top Ten Lies posting which is purely GREAT information, this posting originating from our friend Shroomfarmer at another site is GREAT knowledge juice, and will save me from asking several more dumb-ass newbie questions yet again.

Our newbie section of posts truly IS must-read by all new members.

In fact...we shouldn't let any new RWG wanna-b's in our house UNTIL they pass a written test based upon all of the pearls of wisdom found in this section!

Just not me of course since I've been an RWG'er for a grand total of 20-hours now...

LOL

Again, great stuff guys.

And I'm just about ready to go to search since I definitely am looking for a few pieces, and hopefully ask some intelligent questions that one of my fellow members will hit me back on.

Out for now.

Peace,

RANGER

Rom77

Cheers for the info was a good read :)

Bweez911

So I am fairly new to this. But I have to admit it's become a facisnation for me !

Is there a section. Where I can buy from reputable Forum members ?

Bweez911

I am a bit weary about birding from websites just because I have heard things like customs and other issues. I just do not want to lose any money in the process ;)

Bweez911

Very well written.

I agree 100% with what you are saying. Though there are many many great reps out there that will blow your mind away. What you said was spot on.

musangpulut

There is a lot of scam website selling replica watches out there.From now on,I will only use TDs recommended by this forum.Thanks God for this very informative forum!

Wyne84

Great info, thanks!

shipjim1

I've bought several reps. two while in China, several online, all Folex. None have done well less than a year. I hread lots of info and supposedly the key is to have swiss works installed in China, another was several types of Japanese works with different quality standards. All were self winding. It seems to me that most if not all are made in China with no real regard to the quality/origin of the movements.

Am I correct in this or are there really better movements and how would you know?jj

GenTLe
I've bought several reps. two while in China, several online, all Folex. None have done well less than a year. I hread lots of info and supposedly the key is to have swiss works installed in China, another was several types of Japanese works with different quality standards. All were self winding. It seems to me that most if not all are made in China with no real regard to the quality/origin of the movements.

Am I correct in this or are there really better movements and how would you know?jj

If you get a proper Asian eta clone there is nothing more and nothing less than a standard Swiss Eta, especially after a service. Elabore and Cosc versions are a bit different.

Also a lot depends on how you treat them: if you keep your auto on while cutting the grass with a gasoline lawnmower maybe that's the reason...

Many people here have these reps from a lot and they are running fine since then.

joeKyle25

Great post and essential knowledge.