KBH

Expectations of a replica watch

Oghma
welcome to the gulag......

oh crap, i just lmao LOUD :P

Edited by Oghma

northcountryboy1976

Good post, good reading for a newbie like me! well done!

sms

I'm a newbie to the forum and to the replica watch game. I just ordered my first Panerai from marvellous so it will be good to see the difference in quality from the ones I bought from perfectwatches.net before finding the forum. I guess I'm not too hard to please, or my expectations aren't that high for a replica because I've been amazed at what I got from perfectwatches. They aren't perfect by any means, but for 150--300 bucks they are so much nicer than the Seiko, Citizen, etc that you can buy for the same money. So far they have all worked well, with one exception. The crown came off the Tag Carrera I bought for $155 and they sent me a new watch. I paid the shipping to send mine back, but it was less than 20 bucks. I had worn it several weeks and was playing golf the day I lost the crown. I probably shouldn't have done that anyway. I usually wear rubber watches when doing things like that. I'm not concerned that replicas keep time at a stratum one or even 4 level, and perhaps they lose a few seconds a day, but what the hell?

If what I find here is superior to what I already have, and the pictures do bear that out, I will be ecstatic. I have some gen watches that I inherited because I'm just too cheap to pay in the thousands for a watch, that just aren't that much nicer, if at all, than the replicas I've bought. They are not new of course, nor are they of modern proportions, but it is still possible to compare the quality from the perspective of someone who wears a watch. I can't even take a watch apart yet, so I can't compare the movements, nor would I have a good feel for the differences in quality of Japanese movements VS Swiss. I'm glad I've found this forum so I can learn from those of you who are knowledgeable. I learned to do my own repairs and maintenance of my Porsche by joining Rennlist, so i do have high expectations of the forum. Ironic huh?

Jan-mj

I will keep these bullet-points in mind, thanks

justinp2121

another great read. So glad I found this site!

Senicko

Thanks, a great read.

woleium

well said.

GoodTymes

essentially you get what you pay for right i mean you can't expect it to be the real deal but i get it i want more for less quick question tho would you wear a watch with out any brand labeled on it say its a Hublot Big Bang right but no label same shape same every thing just no name would you still expect it to be just the same as a hublot BB i guess the reason why im bringing this up is cause we all like watches but are we expecting the quality of the watch or the the quality the name brands guarantees i dont know i guess im just talking out my ass im a noob so i guess im over thinking it :help3:

dingle

essentially you get what you pay for right i mean you can't expect it to be the real deal but i get it i want more for less quick question tho would you wear a watch with out any brand labeled on it say its a Hublot Big Bang right but no label same shape same every thing just no name would you still expect it to be just the same as a hublot BB i guess the reason why im bringing this up is cause we all like watches but are we expecting the quality of the watch or the the quality the name brands guarantees i dont know i guess im just talking out my ass im a noob so i guess im over thinking it :help3:

http://www.wikihow.com/Use-English-Punctuation-Correctly

Nisv
:lol:

hnic

Nice read

jeffw69
:rofl:

GoodTymes

http://www.wikihow.c...ation-Correctly

Thanks needed that did however say i was talking out of my ass but hey

Haltec

Its difficult to tell about expectations... I bought mine Tag Heuer WN1112.BA0332 from ebay for around 400 USD / used/mint so obviousely I don't think that any replica coud cost more. (except ones made from rare metals - gold etc...) since this is normal price for mint Tag (even Chrono model - if you put some effort into it)

TAG HEUER  TAG HEUER WATCHES.jpg

BR

Haltec

gatormka

Will keep all this in mind... Can't really expect perfect if you're paying a tiny fraction of the gen price!

houndoggie

Its difficult to tell about expectations... I bought mine Tag Heuer WN1112.BA0332 from ebay for around 400 USD / used/mint so obviousely I don't think that any replica coud cost more. (except ones made from rare metals - gold etc...) since this is normal price for mint Tag (even Chrono model - if you put some effort into it)

TAG%20HEUER%20%20TAG%20HEUER%20WATCHES.jpg

BR

Haltec

can we just delete this post?

mykielee52

Thanx for that. ...kinda of thought it would be like that! @-

yamap

thanks for the tips

shpr543

I'm learning....

USERNAME777

LOL, I'm loving all the animated GIF profile pictures! Best I've seen yet!

Stiffler_PE

Great advice !

berytus

want perfection, then you have to pay up

solrac

great article, essential reading indeed.

watchamatic

Thanks for the advice. It just goes to show that like in everything else, you usually get what you pay for.

MickTheAwesome

Thank you for posting this, it's quite helpful.